EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Moderator: Puja

Banquo

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Post by Banquo »

Timbo wrote:There’s also an argument that says Glos are doing better in large part due to the fact a number of teams have gone backwards this season. Maybe.
They seem to be playing better tbh, and have a definite plan.
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

Yes they are playing far better than in recent seasons. As we have been discussing in other threads their back row looks great. Ackerman jnr looks like a top player in the making (if we want a long term robshaw replacement).
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Is that really who you'd compare Ackermann to?
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

twitchy wrote:Yes they are playing far better than in recent seasons. As we have been discussing in other threads their back row looks great. Ackerman jnr looks like a top player in the making (if we want a long term robshaw replacement).
has he said he'd like to qualify through residency?
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

Mikey Brown wrote:Is that really who you'd compare Ackermann to?
I'm just working on the assumption that billy will get fit again at 8. He won't qualify for ages any way so don't worry I'm not criticising or wanting to drop St Christopher.
Banquo wrote:
twitchy wrote:Yes they are playing far better than in recent seasons. As we have been discussing in other threads their back row looks great. Ackerman jnr looks like a top player in the making (if we want a long term robshaw replacement).
Nothing recent that I know of but I always assumed (maybe wrongly?) this was the plan.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

I didn't take it as criticising, I just haven't really seen much from him and all I have seen is highlights of (some slightly wild, but generally effective) carrying.
Gloskarlos

Post by Gloskarlos »

Banquo wrote:
The whole family have said they see their family home now in the UK and in Glos specifically. So by extension yes, although not clearly stated by the player himself.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Gloskarlos wrote:
Banquo wrote:
The whole family have said they see their family home now in the UK and in Glos specifically. So by extension yes, although not clearly stated by the player himself.
He has said that it's an ambition of his to play international rugby and that might be from moving back to South Africa or from qualifying for England. Great.

Puja
Backist Monk
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

Apparently manu may play vs munster. I can't think what will go wrong.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

twitchy wrote:Apparently manu may play vs munster. I can't think what will go wrong.
Live images of Leicester A&E staff bracing themselves for a busy Sunday evening.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

Mellsblue wrote:Live images of Leicester A&E staff bracing themselves for a busy Sunday evening.
It's the stretcher bearers more than the A&E staff I feel sorry for - A&E have it easy - "here's some morphine; there's the X-ray suite. How much Breakfast would you like?"
Puja

Post by Puja »

Itoje due back "in 3-4 weeks" according to Sarries. That would even give him time to have a few games back before the 6N.

Puja
Backist Monk
fivepointer

Post by fivepointer »

Manu back for Tigers on Sunday.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Just don't.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Rumours and speculation thread. Perhaps. At best.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Speaking of rumours and speculation, Mark McCall has said that BillyV will be back "in a few weeks" so potentially he'll get a couple of game to get back to fitness/get injured again before the 6N.

Puja
Backist Monk
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Ten pounds say Billy and Manu’s playing time this season don’t overlap.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Mellsblue wrote:Ten pounds say Billy and Manu’s playing time this season don’t overlap.
No bet.

Puja
Backist Monk
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

fivepointer wrote:Manu back for Tigers on Sunday.
:(

Can't help but feel nervous about this.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

I for one wish Manu all the best.
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

If the World Cup was starting this month I would have Isiekwe in my 4 England second rows. That boy is every bit as promising as Maro was.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Timbo wrote:If the World Cup was starting this month I would have Isiekwe in my 4 England second rows. That boy is every bit as promising as Maro was.
I reckon he's a better 6 than Maro if that helps!

So you'd have Lawes, Launchbury, Itoje and Isiekwe? Fair enough.
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Banquo wrote:
Timbo wrote:If the World Cup was starting this month I would have Isiekwe in my 4 England second rows. That boy is every bit as promising as Maro was.
I reckon he's a better 6 than Maro if that helps!

So you'd have Lawes, Launchbury, Itoje and Isiekwe? Fair enough.
Yep, with Ewels on standby.

Not sure where Kruis would be in my pecking order at the minute. Thought he was a bit powderpuff again today, with the scrum going backwards, no lineout steals and maul not doing a lot...that’s where he’s supposed to excel. Missed 5 tackles according to the stats, loads more than any other player. Maybe a serious Lions hangover.

Elliot Stooke has been good for Bath and the young Exeter 2nd row looks very handy too. Will Spencer could come into the equation.
Digby

Post by Digby »

If the World Cup was starting this month I'd have Kruis as one of my locks, you just can't move past 20 odd caps. And actually between now and the WC getting around he has 20 odd caps is something there isn't a lot of time to circumvent
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

Update on Sam Underhill (and Taulupe Faletau):
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/ ... mptomatic/

I'm delighted to see a DOR taking this approach, and seeking to actually walk the walk on match day as well.