EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Moderator: Puja

Digby

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Post by Digby »

Timbo wrote:I did read that Browns issues are not concussion related. Has something been said to contradict that?
It's reported he's suffering with blurred vision, now maybe we're jumping the gun linking that to his previous issues with concussion, but blurred vision is a classic symptom arising from concussion
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Maybe, but I did read it’s an issue with his eyes rather than his brain. Could be dud info or could be there’s an effort not to relate to previous issues...
morepork

Post by morepork »

Mellsblue wrote:I did read/hear that the latest study out of the US shows that the big issue is the number of blows rather than severity, ie a high number of small impacts is worse than one concussion. How you police and reduce that I've no idea. It must be an even bigger worry for football.

The interval between repeat mild episodes is crucial. It takes at least five days for cerebral glucose use to normalise after an episode. Any additional insult within this interval exacerbates the damage and can lead to axonal damage, oxidative stress and damage to white matter. Additional insult would be anything that results in a rapid acceleration or deceleration of the brain (think getting cleared out of a ruck, for example). All of this going on in a young developing brain is even worse.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Timbo wrote:Maybe, but I did read it’s an issue with his eyes rather than his brain. Could be dud info or could be there’s an effort not to relate to previous issues...
This is the angle I gleaned from the stuff I’ve read.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

morepork wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:I did read/hear that the latest study out of the US shows that the big issue is the number of blows rather than severity, ie a high number of small impacts is worse than one concussion. How you police and reduce that I've no idea. It must be an even bigger worry for football.

The interval between repeat mild episodes is crucial. It takes at least five days for cerebral glucose use to normalise after an episode. Any additional insult within this interval exacerbates the damage and can lead to axonal damage, oxidative stress and damage to white matter. Additional insult would be anything that results in a rapid acceleration or deceleration of the brain (think getting cleared out of a ruck, for example). All of this going on in a young developing brain is even worse.
Ah, well. Dementia it is.
morepork

Post by morepork »

Mellsblue wrote:
morepork wrote:

.....long term consequences include increased risk of amyloidosis too...
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

morepork wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:
morepork wrote:

.....long term consequences include increased risk of amyloidosis too...
Hopefully I’ll forget I’m dying of organ failure.
morepork

Post by morepork »

Drink less, and let Jebus into your life.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Neither of those are going to happen. I’ll stick with the dementia and slow agonising death.
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Sinckler our for 6-8 weeks apparently! So basically our for 6 Nations.
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

18 out injured for the italy game apparently.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Just seen a highlight reel of Adam Radwan. Blimey. Quickest feet I’ve seen in a while. Could be a bolster for the RWC.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Good news - Eddie name checked the people who'd been training at back row as Simmonds, Graham, Mercer, and Isiekwe. Not a mention of Lawes or Itoje.

Puja
Backist Monk
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Puja wrote:Good news - Eddie name checked the people who'd been training at back row as Simmonds, Graham, Mercer, and Isiekwe. Not a mention of Lawes or Itoje.

Puja
Now expecting to see Lawes at 6 and Itoje at 7.
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Puja wrote:Good news - Eddie name checked the people who'd been training at back row as Simmonds, Graham, Mercer, and Isiekwe. Not a mention of Lawes or Itoje.

Puja
Itoje isn’t training fully at the moment, has sore ribs.
Digby

Post by Digby »

Mellsblue wrote:Just seen a highlight reel of Adam Radwan. Blimey. Quickest feet I’ve seen in a while. Could be a bolster for the RWC.
He's about the same size as Wade without the step or work rate, though he's probably faster going on the outside
p/d

Post by p/d »

Timbo wrote:

Puja
From watching Mallinder working with the defence coach
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Digby wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:Just seen a highlight reel of Adam Radwan. Blimey. Quickest feet I’ve seen in a while. Could be a bolster for the RWC.
He's about the same size as Wade without the step or work rate, though he's probably faster going on the outside
His feet looked as fast to me but yep, not the biggest bloke.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

p/d wrote:
Timbo wrote:

Puja
Hehe
Puja

Post by Puja »

p/d wrote:
Timbo wrote:

Puja
Timbo ruins my happy mood, p/d brings it right back again.

Puja
Backist Monk
Scrumhead

Post by Scrumhead »

Timbo wrote:Sinckler our for 6-8 weeks apparently! So basically our for 6 Nations.
It really is becoming a joke now. Every week another player or two is injured.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Don’t worry, Scotland are down 9 front rows.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

In a nation with such an obesity problem it's probably the one unit you could afford to lose that many players.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Come come. They're already upset about having lost the inestimable talents of Darryl Marfo - there's no cause to be mean.

Mike - if it helps you feel any better, Wales might struggle to put out a XV at this rate. You okay to lend them a couple to let the game go ahead?

Puja
Backist Monk
Scrumhead

Post by Scrumhead »

Mikey Brown wrote:Don’t worry, Scotland are down 9 front rows.
True - which is primarily why I think Wales will beat them in Cardiff.

However, I believe Simon Berghan will be back to strike fear in to our English hearts for when we play them at Murrayfield.