Nae cunt brings a tee on for Hastings.
OptimisticJock

Re: The Glasgow Carpet Burns and Cary Grant Appreciation Thread

Post by OptimisticJock »

Horne makes it 7 tries in 9 games
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

I'd completely forgotten Grigg existed. Why is Harris being selected when Grigg is available?
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

OptimisticJock wrote:Nae cunt brings a tee on for Hastings.
Arguably cost them the win. 15-15 It finished.
hugh_woatmeigh

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

OptimisticJock wrote:
Yup. Richie Vernon was laughing about it as well. Not blaming him... it's not clear who was responsible for it... but a professional sports team can't be failing at basics like that!

Having said that, still a decent result for the Warriors despite a crappy performance. It's 6N time and they have one hell of an injury list.
switchskier

Post by switchskier »

hugh_woatmeigh wrote:
OptimisticJock wrote:
Yup. Richie Vernon was laughing about it as well. Not blaming him... it's not clear who was responsible for it... but a professional sports team can't be failing at basics like that!

Having said that, still a decent result for the Warriors despite a crappy performance. It's 6N time and they have one hell of an injury list.
Should have won that game though. Lots of opportunities only for them to cough up the ball in the red zone. Young Faegerson impressed again I thought.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

How long until Fagerson is ready. Seems to have leapfrogged Bradbury for me, at the least.
Big D

Re: RE: Re: The Glasgow Carpet Burns and Cary Grant Appreciation Thread

Post by Big D »

Mikey Brown wrote:How long until Fagerson is ready. Seems to have leapfrogged Bradbury for me, at the least.
A while yet as SRU standard approach is the u20 eligible players go to the JRWC.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

I mean that’s probably sensible. I already think Z has played a bit too much for Scotland. We’re just crying out for all the stuff he seems to have, assuming Ashe will never hold it together. Maybe the second coming of Denton tomorrow will ease the worries.

Will be interesting to see where he fits in when all Glasgow’s back row options are available.
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

hugh_woatmeigh wrote:
OptimisticJock wrote:

Weegies should have been out of sight by half time. They let the dragons back in to that match.
Big D

Post by Big D »

Mini Horne signs and extensive.
sharvey44

Post by sharvey44 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43062769

Glasgow Warriors flanker Matt Smith has signed a new two-year contract, keeping the 21-year-old at Scotstoun until at least May 2020.

Smith has made 15 appearances for the club since signing his first professional contract in January 2017, scoring two tries.

He told Warriors TV: "The more games I've played, the more I've grown in confidence.

"I've been really lucky to work with some amazing players."

An under-20 international, Smith is a product of Stirling County, like his sister Hannah, who plays for Scotland.

"So far my highlight has been playing in the European Rugby Champions Cup," he added.

"I loved expressing myself on the biggest stage and I can't wait for more of that over the next two years."
sharvey44

Post by sharvey44 »

Glasgow Warriors v Cheetahs

Glasgow Warriors: Ruaridh Jackson, Lee Jones, Nick Grigg, Sam Johnson, Niko Matawalu, Adam Hastings, George Horne, Alex Allan, James Malcolm, Siua Halanukonuka, Tim Swinson, Scott Cummings, Rob Harley, Chris Fusaro, Matt Fagerson.

Replacements: Grant Stewart, Oli Kebble, D'Arcy Rae, Matt Smith, Adam Ashe, Henry Pyrgos, Brandon Thomson, Ratu Tagive
Cameo

Post by Cameo »

Good to see Tagive fit again. Quite a raw team but looking forward to this game
Cameo

Post by Cameo »

Surprisingly fun game in the conditions. Horne continuing to impress and Hastings was decent too. Have to think Grigg would have done a better job than Harris against wales as well
ARM

Post by ARM »

Cameo wrote:Surprisingly fun game in the conditions. Horne continuing to impress and Hastings was decent too. Have to think Grigg would have done a better job than Harris against wales as well
Swinson and Cummings were excellent in first game back. Particularly Swinson - he’s got a great attitude. We’re not exactly short in the row in Scotland with Lewis Carmichael coming through and looking the business.

Probably most assured performance I’ve seen from Gavlet. And Griggs is a legend - shame he’s not a foot taller.
hugh_woatmeigh

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

Really enjoyable game. Glasgow superior in pretty much every respect including the brain fart stakes. Most of the Cheetah's points were gifts.
whatisthejava

Post by whatisthejava »

Weeg qualified for play offs.
switchskier

Post by switchskier »

Teams for tonight. Vernon back and Thompson at 12 look a bit strange.

Munster team: Zebo; Conway, Arnold, Goggin, Wootton; Bleyendaal, Hart; Cronin, Scannell, Archer; Kleyn, Holland (capt); O'Callaghan, Cloete, Copeland.

Replacements: Marshall, Kilcoyne, Scott, Grobler, O'Donoghue, Williams, Keatley, Nash.

Glasgow team: Jackson; Jones, Johnson, Thomson, Tagive; Hastings, Horne; Kebble, Malcolm, Halanukonuka; McDonald, Cummings; Harley (capt), Smith, M Fagerson.

Replacements: Stewart, Allan, Z Fagerson, Wynne, Fusaro, Pyrgos, Vernon, Matawalu.
Cameo

Post by Cameo »

Yeah quite a strange team but some quality there
BlackCat1978

Post by BlackCat1978 »

Terrible reffing; Munster lying offside at every breakdown - not pinged once.
hugh_woatmeigh

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

BlackCat1978 wrote:Terrible reffing; Munster lying offside at every breakdown - not pinged once.
It's certainly not favouring Glasgow but I wouldn't go that far.

Weeg are awful. Pack hasn't turned up. Kebble and Nuke can't even make it to the rucks and Malcolm & the locks are getting cleared out by lesser numbers/smaller men. They're just making up numbers at ruck time.

Couple that with a crappy lineout and a couple of errors it means Glasgow have no meaningful possession. Glasgow are lucky to be 13-0 behind. Munster should be out of sight but seem content to stay in second/third gear.

Matt Smith's butchered try was unforgivable. They won't get many opportunities like that and he had SO many options. If he'd just tried to ride the contact instead of racing for the line he wouldn't have got flung around like a rag doll.
BlackCat1978

Post by BlackCat1978 »

They're making it look like they are 'falling over', but it's classic Irish breakdown play. Absolutely right re. Smith - I can see why he backed himself, but a pass outside was a guaranteed try.
Still, that's Horne in - again. I make him joint top try-scorer in the league now (with fewer games/starts than his Cheetahs competitor).
BlackCat1978

Post by BlackCat1978 »

Apologies. Horne is on 9, Mapimpi is on 10. not bad for a scrum-half v a winger!
BlackCat1978

Post by BlackCat1978 »

Deary me! And people say Laidlaw is ponderous. Pyrgos is geriatric. Why take off Horne? Was he injured?