EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Moderator: Puja

twitchy

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Post by twitchy »

I just got round to watching the sale/saints game. He got a look of stick after his move from quins but I really noticed yarde was looking top quality again.

When he is on form you can see why england liked him, hard running and aggressive. I hope he keeps this up.
Stom

Post by Stom »

twitchy wrote:I just got round to watching the sale/saints game. He got a look of stick after his move from quins but I really noticed yarde was looking top quality again.

When he is on form you can see why england liked him, hard running and aggressive. I hope he keeps this up.
He'll never get a look in with Jones. And if the next England coach is Borthwick or Baxter he won't get a look in either.

Lazy fecks aren't exactly what you'd call role models...and with Daly, May, Watson, Nowell, England don't really need him.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Stom wrote:
twitchy wrote:I just got round to watching the sale/saints game. He got a look of stick after his move from quins but I really noticed yarde was looking top quality again.

He'll never get a look in with Jones. And if the next England coach is Borthwick or Baxter he won't get a look in either.

Lazy fecks aren't exactly what you'd call role models...and with Daly, May, Watson, Nowell, England don't really need him.
I don't know - Jones has come back to him a few times, even when he's been out of form, and he was playing as recently as the AIs. I think Jones would prefer to have one bosh winger and one fleet winger, so I suspect Yarde still has a shot if he come back to regular form.

Puja
Backist Monk
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Puja wrote:
Stom wrote:

I don't know - Jones has come back to him a few times, even when he's been out of form, and he was playing as recently as the AIs. I think Jones would prefer to have one bosh winger and one fleet winger, so I suspect Yarde still has a shot if he come back to regular form.

Puja
what screams that to you?
Digby

Post by Digby »

Banquo wrote:
Puja wrote:
Stom wrote:

Puja
And which one is Yarde?
Puja

Post by Puja »

Banquo wrote:
Puja wrote:
Stom wrote:

Puja
Eddie has said so in the past (yes, I know) and he has consistently picked Yarde when available and in any vague form. Having two lighter wingers in May and Watson is a relatively new thing for him.

Puja
Backist Monk
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

Digby wrote:
Banquo wrote:
Puja wrote:

Puja
And which one is Yarde?
which one's Nowell for that matter
Puja

Post by Puja »

Which Tyler wrote:
Digby wrote:
Banquo wrote: what screams that to you?
And which one is Yarde?
I would suspect Nowell comes under the hod-carrier category, given he's good in heavy traffic and is hardly likely to be a flyer.

Puja
Backist Monk
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Puja wrote:
Which Tyler wrote:
Digby wrote:
And which one is Yarde?
I would suspect Nowell comes under the hod-carrier category, given he's good in heavy traffic and is hardly likely to be a flyer.

Puja
Allegedly, Jones has had him on the weights during injury so as to make him a ‘bosh’, or closer to, option.
Digby

Post by Digby »

If weights won WCs we'd have more than the one
Digby

Post by Digby »

Underhill gone for the season, Mercer out for the 6N, maybe a month
p/d

Post by p/d »

Digby wrote:Underhill gone for the season
Was it Hartley who stood on his toe?
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Digby wrote:Underhill gone for the season, Mercer out for the 6N, maybe a month
very 'unlucky' run in training. Toe injuries need very careful management as well, hopefully he will be able to get fully restored.
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

p/d wrote:
Digby wrote:Underhill gone for the season
Was it Hartley who stood on his toe?
Haskell?
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Puja wrote:
Banquo wrote:
Puja wrote:

Puja
Eddie has said so in the past (yes, I know) and he has consistently picked Yarde when available and in any vague form. Having two lighter wingers in May and Watson is a relatively new thing for him.

Puja
Our definition of bosh seems at odds, and Yarde is the same weight as Watson. Eddie has picked Nowell, Daly and Watson most as starting wingers. What is true is that there aren't many 'bosh' wing options in truth, though he could have used Roko in that sort of role, but confusingly didn't really try hard.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

I don’t know about bosh, but he’s talked about having a work-rate winger and a gas winger. With I guess Nowell, Yarde, Roko, Cokanasiga being the options for the former, but all inconsistent/inexperienced.

I think he wanted someone powerful to make dents in the middle but none of them have really worked out and Daly/Watson/May have played better than the other wings.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Banquo wrote:
Puja wrote:
Banquo wrote: what screams that to you?

Puja
Our definition of bosh seems at odds, and Yarde is the same weight as Watson. Eddie has picked Nowell, Daly and Watson most as starting wingers. What is true is that there aren't many 'bosh' wing options in truth, though he could have used Roko in that sort of role, but confusingly didn't really try hard.
Mikey had the right phrasing - a work-rate winger and a gas winger. Presumably Eddie doesn't think English teams can handle something as exciting as two gas wingers long-term, so he needs a prosaic option for us to fall back on.

Very surprised by the stat that Yarde and Watson are the same weight though - even with 5cm extra height to hide it in, Watson seems significantly less burly than Yarde. Someone should let Eddie know - we can start sending Anthony down the crash ball all the time and our problems are solved!

Puja
Backist Monk
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

I think both Daly and May have shown plenty of workrate aptitude in their last few games, whilst also having gas.
Stom

Post by Stom »

Puja wrote:
Banquo wrote:
Puja wrote:

Puja
Mikey had the right phrasing - a work-rate winger and a gas winger. Presumably Eddie doesn't think English teams can handle something as exciting as two gas wingers long-term, so he needs a prosaic option for us to fall back on.

Very surprised by the stat that Yarde and Watson are the same weight though - even with 5cm extra height to hide it in, Watson seems significantly less burly than Yarde. Someone should let Eddie know - we can start sending Anthony down the crash ball all the time and our problems are solved!

Puja
Eddie said that Daly was perfect as the work-rate wing, and I agree. That's why we've seen May pop up in centrefield so much. That left winger should be all over the place, constantly available. At least until Nowell comes on... Then they switch.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Raggs wrote:I think both Daly and May have shown plenty of workrate aptitude in their last few games, whilst also having gas.
As I say, I think he was really after someone a bit heftier or at least incisive through the middle. Daly is the one he has pointed out as being able to do both very well.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Puja wrote:
Banquo wrote:
Puja wrote:

Puja

Puja
Had you said that in the first place it would have saved a lot of time :). Though again, none of the starting wingers picked are short on work rate.
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Watson, May, Nowell and Daly have all put on a fair bit of size since Jones took over. I’ve read interviews in the recent past from each one where they’ve described their weights as 97kg’s +.

Have to say my experience of watching both Nowell and Daly in the flesh this season is that they’re both pretty bulky nowadays. All 4 of our main wings above average in terms of size for test wings I’d say.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Timbo wrote:Watson, May, Nowell and Daly have all put on a fair bit of size since Jones took over. I’ve read interviews in the recent past from each one where they’ve described their weights as 97kg’s +.

Have to say my experience of watching both Nowell and Daly in the flesh this season is that they’re both pretty bulky nowadays. All 4 of our main wings above average in terms of size for tear wings I’d say.
Tear?
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

He's done you there, Banky.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Mikey Brown wrote:He's done you there, Banky.
aha. But the pre-edit version is preserved!