Snap General Election called

Digby

Re: Snap General Election called

Post by Digby »

Len McCluskey is on the Ken Loach bandwagon now that supposes any criticism of the Glorious Leader™ is inherently a bad thing, even if it's a good thing, and all bad things they might be doing should be ignored in the name of the greater good.

Well, I say McCluskey is on that bandwagon now, like many Corbyn supporters with their healthy disregard for democracy he was already there. The suggestion that those speaking truth to power 'can expect to be held to account' is a regrettable if not surprising stance within the new Labour Party being built in the image of the Glorious Leader™
Stom

Post by Stom »

To be fair, the anti semitism thing does seem to have some ulterior motives...
Digby

Post by Digby »

Claiming it has ulterior motives without addressing it has ulterior motives
Stom

Post by Stom »

Digby wrote:Claiming it has ulterior motives without addressing it has ulterior motives
Well yes. But I'm on my phone and can't be arsed
Digby

Post by Digby »

Stom wrote:
Digby wrote:Claiming it has ulterior motives without addressing it has ulterior motives
Well yes. But I'm on my phone and can't be arsed
I think that's almost verbatim what Jezza told the board of deputies
kk67

Post by kk67 »

It's clearly getting disproportionate coverage. C'mon.
There are plenty of protests that garner more than 200-300 protesters on the lawn and don't get nearly as much coverage.
canta_brian

Re: RE: Re: Snap General Election called

Post by canta_brian »

Digby wrote:Len McCluskey is on the Ken Loach bandwagon now that supposes any criticism of the Glorious Leader[emoji769] is inherently a bad thing, even if it's a good thing, and all bad things they might be doing should be ignored in the name of the greater good.

Well, I say McCluskey is on that bandwagon now, like many Corbyn supporters with their healthy disregard for democracy he was already there. The suggestion that those speaking truth to power 'can expect to be held to account' is a regrettable if not surprising stance within the new Labour Party being built in the image of the Glorious Leader[emoji769]
Genuine question. Do you think that calling Corbyn "Glorious Leader" with the little trademark makes you look clever?
Digby

Re: RE: Re: Snap General Election called

Post by Digby »

canta_brian wrote:
Digby wrote:Len McCluskey is on the Ken Loach bandwagon now that supposes any criticism of the Glorious Leader[emoji769] is inherently a bad thing, even if it's a good thing, and all bad things they might be doing should be ignored in the name of the greater good.

Well, I say McCluskey is on that bandwagon now, like many Corbyn supporters with their healthy disregard for democracy he was already there. The suggestion that those speaking truth to power 'can expect to be held to account' is a regrettable if not surprising stance within the new Labour Party being built in the image of the Glorious Leader[emoji769]
Genuine question. Do you think that calling Corbyn "Glorious Leader" with the little trademark makes you look clever?
I do it as it amuses me, which is typically the only reason I put any posts up. You might think I'd be hesitant to post monotonous style, but I'm confident my posting history will confirm no such concerns.
kk67

Post by kk67 »

Fair enough,.... as long as we remember that the trademark sign used on forums is as a direct result of The Hask.
..and you just copied it.
Digby

Post by Digby »

To my best recollection that's not the case, it's possible but I'd lean toward saying go whistle, or ♫
canta_brian

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Snap General Election called

Post by canta_brian »

Digby wrote:
canta_brian wrote:

I do it as it amuses me, which is typically the only reason I put any posts up. You might think I'd be hesitant to post monotonous style, but I'm confident my posting history will confirm no such concerns.
Ok, fair enough. Seems an unfortunate section of the thread to use it in. The discussion was around the demonisation of Corbyn by the right wing press and their attempts to create a toxic brand around him. Using you "amusing" trade mark does suggest you have bought their bait hook, line and sinker.
Digby

Post by Digby »

canta_brian wrote:
Digby wrote:
canta_brian wrote:Genuine question. Do you think that calling Corbyn "Glorious Leader" with the little trademark makes you look clever?
Ok, fair enough. Seems an unfortunate section of the thread to use it in. The discussion was around the demonisation of Corbyn by the right wing press and their attempts to create a toxic brand around him. Using you "amusing" trade mark does suggest you have bought their bait hook, line and sinker.
And yet on the other side there are people lining up to say one mustn't criticise the Glorious Leader™ in the name of the greater good. I've also yet to see Corbyn being demonised, more he's being held to account for things he's said and done, and for what he might do, though maybe you read more unconventional media than I
Zhivago

Post by Zhivago »

Digby wrote:
canta_brian wrote:
Digby wrote:
And yet on the other side there are people lining up to say one mustn't criticise the Glorious Leader™ in the name of the greater good. I've also yet to see Corbyn being demonised, more he's being held to account for things he's said and done, and for what he might do, though maybe you read more unconventional media than I
Who has said that Corbyn shouldn't be criticised? Can you please point to these people 'lining up' to say this?

The fact of the matter is you're just a jumped up propagandist useful idiot of the rightwing press, who thinks far too much of himself.

Все буде Україна!
Смерть ворогам!!

Digby

Post by Digby »

Zhivago wrote:
Digby wrote:
canta_brian wrote:Ok, fair enough. Seems an unfortunate section of the thread to use it in. The discussion was around the demonisation of Corbyn by the right wing press and their attempts to create a toxic brand around him. Using you "amusing" trade mark does suggest you have bought their bait hook, line and sinker.
Who has said that Corbyn shouldn't be criticised? Can you please point to these people 'lining up' to say this?

The fact of the matter is you're just a jumped up propagandist useful idiot of the rightwing press, who thinks far too much of himself.
You haven't noticed a narrative forming that criticism in certain areas is unhelpful to the wider aims of installing a Corbyn led government?

And I'm amused to find myself labeled as being among the right wingers
canta_brian

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Snap General Election called

Post by canta_brian »

Digby wrote:
Zhivago wrote:
Digby wrote:
And yet on the other side there are people lining up to say one mustn't criticise the Glorious Leader[emoji769] in the name of the greater good. I've also yet to see Corbyn being demonised, more he's being held to account for things he's said and done, and for what he might do, though maybe you read more unconventional media than I

You haven't noticed a narrative forming that criticism in certain areas is unhelpful to the wider aims of installing a Corbyn led government?

And I'm amused to find myself labeled as being among the right wingers
You might well have identified the issue there. What is considered centrist and liberal on this board seems to leave an awful lot of ground to the left.
Digby

Post by Digby »

canta_brian wrote:You might well have identified the issue there. What is considered centrist and liberal on this board seems to leave an awful lot of ground to the left.
I've no issues with say Yvette Cooper, once you start going further left such as with Andy Burnham I'm less a fan, once we start veering all the way out towards Corbyn I'm inclined to ridicule what is by then the loony left.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Digby wrote:
canta_brian wrote:You might well have identified the issue there. What is considered centrist and liberal on this board seems to leave an awful lot of ground to the left.
I've no issues with say Yvette Cooper, once you start going further left such as with Andy Burnham I'm less a fan, once we start veering all the way out towards Corbyn I'm inclined to ridicule what is by then the loony left.
I'd agree with this. Though, as a Conservative, albeit a liberal one, I'm practically a fascist.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Zhivago wrote:[
who thinks far too much of himself.
This coming from a man who will tell people who disagree with him that they believe propaganda and aren't well enough read. A bit of self awareness would do you a world of good.
Zhivago

Post by Zhivago »

Mellsblue wrote:
Zhivago wrote:[
who thinks far too much of himself.
This coming from a man who will tell people who disagree with him that they believe propaganda and aren't well enough read. A bit of self awareness would do you a world of good.
You just aren't patriotic enough. If you loved your country more, you'd try to save it by spending your spare time fruitlessly trying to convince the misguided not to self harm too.

Все буде Україна!
Смерть ворогам!!

Zhivago

Post by Zhivago »

Mellsblue wrote:
Digby wrote:
I'd agree with this. Though, as a Conservative, albeit a liberal one, I'm practically a fascist.
Well given the recent propensity for your party to round up and deport our own citizens, the fascist comparison is not as far off the mark as it used to be.

Все буде Україна!
Смерть ворогам!!

Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Zhivago wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:
Digby wrote:
Well given the recent propensity for your party to round up and deport our own citizens, the fascist comparison is not as far off the mark as it used to be.
You’re not believing that propaganda are you? You need to read more.
Digby

Post by Digby »

Zhivago wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:
Digby wrote:
It's not like the Labour party spotted this issue coming either, both leaderships despite the matter being spoken about at various points by a number of backbench MPs have badly let down large numbers. Yes the Tories are the government and thus more responsible, but a decent opposition might at other times have helped avoid this crisis arising.

I don't believe for one moment what's happened was the intention of May or Rudd, nor the wider Tory party. So maybe they are facists depending on how one grades such things, but not over this issue, in this instance they've simply shown themselves incompetent over and over, and so sadly have the official opposition
Zhivago

Post by Zhivago »

Digby wrote:
After finishing his post Digby refreshed the page to look for comments, so that he could once again remind his comrades in blue that he was one of them... an achiever who made it all by himself, and damn those feckless poor who wanted to take it all away from them... "the loony left shall never prevail" he muttered under his breath as he glanced at his framed picture of Thatcher from when she saved Albion all those years ago.

If only his good old friend Rupert was still here to see him now, he'd say "Nice one Diggers, you tell them straight how things must be. Make sure the hoi polloi are kept busy so we don't get any commies stealing our dividends."

And with that tearful thought he poured himself another glass of his VSOP, just like Churchill would have done, to bring himself fresh spirit for his online battle over the coming days, weeks, and months ahead battling it out in the Internet forums.

Все буде Україна!
Смерть ворогам!!

Zhivago

Post by Zhivago »

Digby wrote:
Zhivago wrote:
Mellsblue wrote: I'd agree with this. Though, as a Conservative, albeit a liberal one, I'm practically a fascist.
It's not like the Labour party spotted this issue coming either, both leaderships despite the matter being spoken about at various points by a number of backbench MPs have badly let down large numbers. Yes the Tories are the government and thus more responsible, but a decent opposition might at other times have helped avoid this crisis arising.

I don't believe for one moment what's happened was the intention of May or Rudd, nor the wider Tory party. So maybe they are facists depending on how one grades such things, but not over this issue, in this instance they've simply shown themselves incompetent over and over, and so sadly have the official opposition
'The ends do justify the means, Diggers. Don't let those commie bastards tell you otherwise." Said Rupert to his pal Diggers.

Все буде Україна!
Смерть ворогам!!

Digby

Post by Digby »

I do have a friend called Rupert, so at least part of that is true.