Moderator: Puja

Timbo

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Post by Timbo »

Sooo...errr...Manu’s injured.
Scrumhead

Post by Scrumhead »

Tigersman wrote:I reckon moon would be one of those players who is good to have to train against, won't be in the squad but will be good to for the TH to train against.
Yeah - that may be it, but then in that case, I’m surprised they didn’t recall Catt given that he’s fit, in decent form and has also been called up before.
Tigersman

Post by Tigersman »

Timbo wrote:Sooo...errr...Manu’s injured.
Had ice on after the game, suspect Tigers will have a look at him tomorrow instead of him going to England.

So could go either way currently.
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Tigersman wrote:
Had ice on after the game, suspect Tigers will have a look at him tomorrow instead of him going to England.

Ice where?
Tigersman

Post by Tigersman »

Timbo wrote:
Tigersman wrote:

Ice where?
If I can remember correctly calf, but not sure.
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Tigersman wrote:
Timbo wrote:
Tigersman wrote:

Ice where?
If I can remember correctly calf, but not sure.
Hopefully not knee, groin or shoulder.
Digby

Post by Digby »

Tigersman wrote:Ben Moon called up for Marler.
Banquo might be pleased, or at least was wondering a few seasons back if he might interest England. A very different set of options we now have at loosehead which if training is about Mako isn't going to see Moon at his best
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

Moon is a quality player, not that flashy but very solid.
fivepointer

Post by fivepointer »

He is, but isnt Hepburn next in line?
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

How long before we hear chants directed at Jones, "You don't know what you're doing!"
Stom

Post by Stom »

Oakboy wrote:How long before we hear chants directed at Jones, "You don't know what you're doing!"
"You should come and give it a go, then, mate."
fivepointer

Post by fivepointer »

Its results now. He can pick whoever he likes, make one bizarre and illogical selection after another as long as we win.
Lose more than one of the AI's then we might get a fair bit of grumbling.
Tigersman

Post by Tigersman »

Talk is that Youngs and Manu might be more precautionary niggles.
wouldn't be surprised if Schonert was the same.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

http://sport.bt.com/video/healey-farrel ... 4297428112

As if the subject matter of this video wasn't enough, can anybody watch it and tell me how Dallaglio and Healey are somehow the same height?

In my head Dallaglio was about 6'3"/6'4" and Healey 5'8" if he was lucky. Which of those did I get totally wrong? I know you can shrink in your old age, but Healey can't have grown that much.
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Tigersman wrote:Talk is that Youngs and Manu might be more precautionary niggles.
wouldn't be surprised if Schonert was the same.
Schonert a dead leg apparently.
francoisfou

Post by francoisfou »

Carl Fearns is due to play on Saturday in the Top14 for Lyon against Grenoble after nearly a year's absence due to a knee ligament problem.
It was a shame for English rugby when he chose to go for the French money instead of knuckling down to earn a place in the England squad.
I wish him well with his comeback. Lyon are becoming a force to be reckoned with and Top14 will be all the better with him playing regularly.
Stom

Post by Stom »

BTW: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/ ... cup-script

Joe has been pretty open before about mental health and how he wants to ensure he is in the right place, personally. Could this be a sign that he just does not get on with Eddie at all and doesn't want to work with him?

This could have implications for the WC. If there's no Marler, then Genge becomes 2nd choice and the difference in quality between shirts 1 and 17 grows and between 17 and backup grows by a huge amount.
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

There was an unnamed player who said something about not wanting to do England training again, and shortly after Cole was never picked again? Now maybe it was Marler, or maybe it's more than one?
Scrumhead

Post by Scrumhead »

francoisfou wrote:Carl Fearns is due to play on Saturday in the Top14 for Lyon against Grenoble after nearly a year's absence due to a knee ligament problem.
It was a shame for English rugby when he chose to go for the French money instead of knuckling down to earn a place in the England squad.
I wish him well with his comeback. Lyon are becoming a force to be reckoned with and Top14 will be all the better with him playing regularly.
I wish him well on his comeback, but I don’t think he’s a massive loss to English rugby. Don’t get me wrong, I think he’s a good player, but I don’t think he’s any better than what we already have (I’d much rather develop someone like Mercer) and it’s that typical scenario where the perception of how good a player is somehow increases when they’re not playing/playing overseas (or both in Fearns’ case!).

His behaviour since he left England has been pretty contemptible too. I understood where he was coming from re. the Burgess scenario, but screwing over Gloucester and then flirting with the idea of using 7s to make himself available to France killed any sympathy I had for him. His Tweets seem to expose him as a bit of sour w@nker IMO.
Scrumhead

Post by Scrumhead »

Raggs wrote:There was an unnamed player who said something about not wanting to do England training again, and shortly after Cole was never picked again? Now maybe it was Marler, or maybe it's more than one?
Interesting ... I hadn’t heard that. The only thing I would say is that Marler publicly thanked Eddie for understanding when he withdrew for similar reasons before. Unless Eddie since used that against him, I think we could be putting 2 and 2 together and making 5.

The truth on England under Eddie will come out in the end.
Stom

Post by Stom »

Scrumhead wrote:
Raggs wrote:There was an unnamed player who said something about not wanting to do England training again, and shortly after Cole was never picked again? Now maybe it was Marler, or maybe it's more than one?
Interesting ... I hadn’t heard that. The only thing I would say is that Marler publicly thanked Eddie for understanding when he withdrew for similar reasons before. Unless Eddie since used that against him, I think we could be putting 2 and 2 together and making 5.

Could be that he doesn't want to stay away from his family anymore...which is understandable but will have major implications for his international career.
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

Fearns completely messed up his timing. There was a window where he could have had a load of england caps but that has passed now.

I think he will massively regret this. What ever money he earned (which isn't football type life changing money) won't make up for the memories.
francoisfou

Post by francoisfou »

twitchy wrote:Fearns completely messed up his timing. There was a window where he could have had a load of england caps but that has passed now.

I think he will massively regret this. What ever money he earned (which isn't football type life changing money) won't make up for the memories.
Yes, and he can only reflect now on what might have been after representing England at U18, U20 and Saxons, and then when the going got tough he cleared off to France.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Scrumhead wrote:
It’s a book I will certainly be buying!
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

Mellsblue wrote:
Scrumhead wrote:
It’s a book I will certainly be buying!
Jones seems to be walking down an ever-narrowing tunnel of his own design. At the end there are two doors, one marked 'RWC Winner' and the other marked 'Failure'. There is nothing in between.