EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Moderator: Puja

twitchy

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Post by twitchy »

For a guy that tall sleeping in a small bed can legit screw you.
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

twitchy wrote:For a guy that tall sleeping in a small bed can legit screw you.
Yup. You've got to wonder what Saints were playing at.
This isn't the first time Lawes has been 6'7; nor is he the first Saints player to be that tall. Equally, this isn't the first time Saints have travelled to an away match.

This is truly basic stuff that they've been sorting out for decades!
fivepointer

Post by fivepointer »

Saints were playing Leicester. Why on earth would you stay overnight somewhere when you can hop on a bus and travel on the day in around an hour?
Puja

Post by Puja »

fivepointer wrote:Saints were playing Leicester. Why on earth would you stay overnight somewhere when you can hop on a bus and travel on the day in around an hour?
In London.

Puja
Backist Monk
p/d

Post by p/d »

He should have slept on the bloody floor. Only himself to blame
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Team Sky haul the riders mattresses around France for the TdeF, yet Saints can’t get Lawes a correctly size bed for one night in London. Amateur hour.
I wonder if Eddie has complained to PRL about them pointlessly injuring one of his players before a block of test matches.
Scrumhead

Post by Scrumhead »

Hopefully it’s nothing too serious and he’ll be back for NZ.

Surely it means that Itoje is in at lock and we play an actual 6, but who knows with Eddie?
TheNomad

Post by TheNomad »

So Addison looks like he's going to get capped on the weekend. He's been playing 15 for Ulster right? In the meantime, we're still playing Brown there.

I know this has been done to death, and I know Addison may well not have been the answer (or nearly the best example of the following), but it continues a consistent them of me being slightly bemused by certain English talents being overlooked
Scrumhead

Post by Scrumhead »

To be fair, whenever Addison hit form and looked like he might get on the England radar he got injured.
Spiffy

Post by Spiffy »

TheNomad wrote:So Addison looks like he's going to get capped on the weekend. He's been playing 15 for Ulster right? In the meantime, we're still playing Brown there.

I know this has been done to death, and I know Addison may well not have been the answer (or nearly the best example of the following), but it continues a consistent them of me being slightly bemused by certain English talents being overlooked
He has played 15 and 13, mostly 13 I think, and has been very good in both slots, showing gas, footwork, distribution, decent enough defnece and a good rugby intelligence. Would be a handy squad man for his versality. The Ireland RWC squad will be hard enough to crack for a new player since Schmidt has an experienced and proven set of midfielders and back three.
Digby

Post by Digby »

Spiffy wrote:
TheNomad wrote:So Addison looks like he's going to get capped on the weekend. He's been playing 15 for Ulster right? In the meantime, we're still playing Brown there.

He has played 15 and 13, mostly 13 I think, and has been very good in both slots, showing gas, footwork, distribution, decent enough defnece and a good rugby intelligence. Would be a handy squad man for his versality. The Ireland RWC squad will be hard enough to crack for a new player since Schmidt has an experienced and proven set of midfielders and back three.
Schmidt will though realise he's relying on their intelligence to not lose more of them to rape allegations, which is an uncomfortable position no doubt
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

Digby

Post by Digby »

Feels like a move to ensure the square wheel is painted the right colour
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

twitchy wrote:I didn't see this coming.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/ ... rship-role
I had no time for Carling to begin with but that Scottish press conference convinced me to change my mind. It was the one where he was asked his reaction to the Scots hating the English and he replied that he hated them more. Once the blazers disciplined him for it I was totally sold. Great bloke. Right attitude.
I R Geech

Post by I R Geech »

I like him and I’m a Sweaty. For all his faults, he was a deeply committed captain who took it seriously, unlike pretty much all his predecessors. Spoke his mind, and didn’t give a toss if people didn’t like it. He was a bit of a media whore, but he was also a proto Jonno.
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

Sam Skinner got motm for scotland on his debut.
Tigersman

Post by Tigersman »

Gary Graham now named in the scotland team
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Citizens of nowhere.
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

Tigersman wrote:Gary Graham now named in the scotland team
It's OK, we've got Shields and Rhodes so we don't need him!!!!! :?
Puja

Post by Puja »

Gods, Graham pivots hard, doesn't he?

January: "I was brought up in England and I’d really like to play for England."
"Around the same time Gregor Townsend called me about playing for Scotland. I told him I’d be stupid not to want to play for England. England want to be No1 in the world and I’m not sure Scotland will ever be anywhere near. I’ve grown up here so, yeah, I feel more English than Scottish."

November: "I’m Scottish through-and-through... I’m absolutely delighted to get this opportunity. I phoned Gregor to assure him I wanted to play for Scotland, and always wanted to play for my country. It’s where I’m from and where I played most of my rugby.”

Puja
Backist Monk
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

Professional = mercenary. Players play for money and to enhance reputation which earns them more money. Graham probably DID want to play for England but was buggered about without getting a cap. I don't blame him at all for (re)discovering Scottishness. I DO blame Jones for foisting Shields on us and, if the two ever meet on the international park I hope Graham demolishes him. I'd far rather have seen Graham in our back row.
Stom

Post by Stom »

Oakboy wrote:Professional = mercenary. Players play for money and to enhance reputation which earns them more money. Graham probably DID want to play for England but was buggered about without getting a cap. I don't blame him at all for (re)discovering Scottishness. I DO blame Jones for foisting Shields on us and, if the two ever meet on the international park I hope Graham demolishes him. I'd far rather have seen Graham in our back row.
I'd rather have neither, tbh...
Digby

Post by Digby »

Oakboy wrote:
Tigersman wrote:Gary Graham now named in the scotland team
It's OK, we've got Shields and Rhodes so we don't need him!!!!! :?
Justice 4 Hughes
fivepointer

Post by fivepointer »

Puja wrote:Gods, Graham pivots hard, doesn't he?

"Around the same time Gregor Townsend called me about playing for Scotland. I told him I’d be stupid not to want to play for England. England want to be No1 in the world and I’m not sure Scotland will ever be anywhere near. I’ve grown up here so, yeah, I feel more English than Scottish."

November: "I’m Scottish through-and-through... I’m absolutely delighted to get this opportunity. I phoned Gregor to assure him I wanted to play for Scotland, and always wanted to play for my country. It’s where I’m from and where I played most of my rugby.”

Puja
I've been shunned by England and desperately want to play international rugby so i'm now opting to take up the Scottish option.
Cant blame players for taking up whatever option comes their way.
Think hes a good player who might make the transition.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

fivepointer wrote:
Puja wrote:Gods, Graham pivots hard, doesn't he?

Puja
I've been shunned by England and desperately want to play international rugby so i'm now opting to take up the Scottish option.
Cant blame players for taking up whatever option comes their way.
Think hes a good player who might make the transition.
The more I read of this the more it seems an absolute nothing story. They’re both seemingly known as pretty fiery, loudmouth characters. Seems he’d also taken it as a snub from Scotland that he didn’t get selected after the u20s and potential England selection would be a chance to “rub it in their faces”.

Most of it seems like pantomime banter with his dad that has been taken incredibly seriously.