Stom

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Post by Stom »

Mellsblue wrote:11 Brown
14 Ashton
15 Daly.
Obviously.
Nah.

Needs Nowell at 13. And we need to call up Goode to play 10.

Or...

10 Ford
11 Loz
12 Farrell
13 Devoto
14 Slade
15 Cips
p/d

Post by p/d »

Back 3 of Brown, Nowell and May

Stick the bludgeoners at 12 and 13. And,if fit, no arms at 10

If not then Ford at 10 with JJ parachuted in at 13
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Is that the dream or the nightmare? I genuinely can’t tell.
p/d

Post by p/d »

Mikey Brown wrote:Is that the dream or the nightmare? I genuinely can’t tell.
The dream Mikey, the dream!
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

p/d wrote:
Mikey Brown wrote:Is that the dream or the nightmare? I genuinely can’t tell.
The dream Mikey, the dream!
I’d hate to see the nightmare. Wait a minute, i already have, haven’t I. It’s that but with Youngs at 9.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

I'm hoping we get Robson at 9 and Devoto straight in for Farrell at 12 if not fit, but I'm not holding my breath. 9. Robson 10. Ford 12. Devoto 13. Tuilagi 21. Youngs 22. Slade would be interesting.
TheNomad

Post by TheNomad »

You might not want to hold your breath on that one...though it would no doubt be exciting
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Exciting for Irish fans certainly.
Digby

Post by Digby »

Burgess is starting to cut it very close if he wants to play in another world cup
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Maro apparently out for 8 weeks.
Digby

Post by Digby »

A shame, bar the pens he was playing very well
Gloskarlos

Post by Gloskarlos »

Seems that Braley has an Italian grandparent and has been called up to train with the Azzurri.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Gloskarlos wrote:Seems that Braley has an Italian grandparent and has been called up to train with the Azzurri.
Huh. Good luck to him. Don't think he was ever going to trouble England, so hope he does well for them.

Puja
Backist Monk
Gloskarlos

Post by Gloskarlos »

Puja wrote:
Gloskarlos wrote:Seems that Braley has an Italian grandparent and has been called up to train with the Azzurri.
Huh. Good luck to him. Don't think he was ever going to trouble England, so hope he does well for them.

Puja
Agreed, just a bit out of the blue! Also means we are one down on EQP.....
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Seems to be growing speculation that Cippers is off to France for next season- apparently he’s told Glos that’s what he’s doing- and Manu to Racing.

If I was the RFU i’d be feeling a little peeved at losing two massive talents, ostensibly over money, when they’re bending over backwards by not playing players from abroad as part of the agreement with the clubs. You’ve got the likes of Wasps with two All Blacks on massive money at 10 and 13, the likes of Bath throwing their hat into the ring for Pollard/Cruden etc. Rightly ask the question as to why we can’t keep Manu and Cipriani in the country.
fivepointer

Post by fivepointer »

Good luck to Braley. The Bristol Italian connection strikes again!

On Cips and Manu i guess they've considered their options and want a payday in France. Always disappointing to lose good players but Cips isnt required by England and Manu has done a fair bit of service for Tigers.
I'd welcome moves to make recruiting big name, big money imports more onerous. We should encourage developing players in the academies and utilising home grown talent wherever possible. How about eliminating the marquee player allowance and shifting it to players who have come through the clubs academy?
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

fivepointer wrote:Good luck to Braley. The Bristol Italian connection strikes again!

On Cips and Manu i guess they've considered their options and want a payday in France. Always disappointing to lose good players but Cips isnt required by England and Manu has done a fair bit of service for Tigers.
I'd welcome moves to make recruiting big name, big money imports more onerous. We should encourage developing players in the academies and utilising home grown talent wherever possible. How about eliminating the marquee player allowance and shifting it to players who have come through the clubs academy?
Not sure about that on Manu.....he's been paid a lot of money per minute over the last three or four years.
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/ot ... j8mtiVtPpw

"Beno Obano is now fully training with the squad at Farleigh House and has been doing live scrummaging following the multiple knee ligament injury he suffered last May.
Blackadder said we could see him in action by the end of the month, if not in March."

"Anthony Watson, who has been out for 11 months with an Achilles' tendon injury, has done some contact work and some dynamic, resistance sprinting. He doesn't have a return date yet, however. "
Scrumhead

Post by Scrumhead »

Looking increasingly unlikely Watson can make the World Cup IMO.

There are 9 league games left (plus the potential of 2 more if Bath make the play-offs), but that’s next to no time if he doesn’t even have an estimated return date.

I just don’t think he has enough time left to get up to speed and build the kind of form he’d need to challenge the current group of wingers in the England squad.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

I think he has enough credit in the bank to prove his fitness and form over the summer and during the warm up matches.
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

I think if Watson is medically fit and in tip top condition he’ll be involved in the World Cup training camp. If he’s looking good in training and the warm ups I can see them taking a chance on him.

World Cup is still 7 months away, so no reason why he can’t be in great physical shape by then.
Digby

Post by Digby »

Yep, if Watson is fit he's in the squad. What happens with the starting XV with Watson and Cockanasiga to come back I don't know, but Watson is one of the top ten players in the country never mind top 30
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

Timbo wrote:Seems to be growing speculation that Cippers is off to France for next season- apparently he’s told Glos that’s what he’s doing- and Manu to Racing.

If I was the RFU i’d be feeling a little peeved at losing two massive talents, ostensibly over money, when they’re bending over backwards by not playing players from abroad as part of the agreement with the clubs. You’ve got the likes of Wasps with two All Blacks on massive money at 10 and 13, the likes of Bath throwing their hat into the ring for Pollard/Cruden etc. Rightly ask the question as to why we can’t keep Manu and Cipriani in the country.

Incredibly frustrating as an england fan. Just as manu start to get a run of games together ffs.
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

That injury sounds horrific.