The Glasgow Carpet Burns and Cary Grant Appreciation Thread

Moderator: OptimisticJock

septic 9

Re: The Glasgow Carpet Burns and Cary Grant Appreciation Thread

Post by septic 9 »

Cameo wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:30 am So you can pick up the ball while on your knees and place it over the tryline now? Something we should work on. More seriously, though, I think the protecting the 9 thing leads to all sorts of confusion. Seen several times this weekend where a defending player has rucked through but because the attacking player bends down and touches the ball, there is nothing he can do for fear of giving away a penalty. I am also sick of refs spotting attacking players holding defenders and just telling them to let go. Penalise them otherwise there is no disincentive. At least one half break in that final phase came from holding off the ball.

Apart from that whine, Glasgow looked decent but will be kicking themselves for not finishing their chances.

Otherwise, generally impressive
fair summary apart from the generally impressive bit. Myth had it Glasgow knew how to win these games, while Edinburgh still don't. I guess lack of pre season games for too many players, but too many of those same players spending too much time with Edinburgh players on the summer tour told
Mikey Brown

Re: The Glasgow Carpet Burns and Cary Grant Appreciation Thread

Post by Mikey Brown »

Yeah that last try was weird and I agree with the confusion around when a 9 is playable or not. Too many scenarios where it just isn't clear or they're playing under different rules due to a shirt number the opposition can't even see.

Certainly looked like Glasgow should have put that one out of sight already though.