Transfer news, rumours, suggestions, frenzied speculation, and outright lies - Season 2023-24

Moderator: Puja

Puja

Re: Transfer news, rumours, suggestions, frenzied speculation, and outright lies - Season 2023-24

Post by Puja »

FKAS wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 6:14 pm Bit harsh on Shillcock. Thought he was fantastic in the first half last weekend. He's a bit meh ball in hand but he's got a howitzer of a kick and he forced Russell back and generally won the kicking duel. I'm not sure he's a flyhalf though more of a good utility back.
That's the thing - start of last season his form was so good that he looked like a natural fly-half. Now he's reverted to the mean, which is still a very handy player, but looks every inch a fullback pressed into service as a 10, rather than an actual 10.

Puja
Backist Monk
FKAS

Re: Transfer news, rumours, suggestions, frenzied speculation, and outright lies - Season 2023-24

Post by FKAS »

Puja wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 7:45 pm
FKAS wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 6:14 pm Bit harsh on Shillcock. Thought he was fantastic in the first half last weekend. He's a bit meh ball in hand but he's got a howitzer of a kick and he forced Russell back and generally won the kicking duel. I'm not sure he's a flyhalf though more of a good utility back.
That's the thing - start of last season his form was so good that he looked like a natural fly-half. Now he's reverted to the mean, which is still a very handy player, but looks every inch a fullback pressed into service as a 10, rather than an actual 10.

Puja
I'm not sure he looked better ball in hand last season I think Atkinson just looked so lost that Shillcock was a big step up.