The Glasgow Carpet Burns and Cary Grant Appreciation Thread

Moderator: OptimisticJock

hp18

Re: The Glasgow Carpet Burns and Cary Grant Appreciation Thread

Post by hp18 »

Big D wrote:Rumours doing the rounds in France is that Toulon want to buy Jonny out of his contract.

Surely he won't be let go even if that rumour was true?
Wouldn't be let go, but can't see him wanting out anyway. Hell even Hogg has stated he's a bit young to be taking a payday, he's well looked after here and well paid by anyone's standards. Jonny is also club captain and isn't flogged, especially important for someone with such a relentless style of play.

Tl;dr MB is a cunt, Jonny ain't.
The Coo is dead. Long live The Coo.
Adder

Post by Adder »

only found this article on http://www.rugby-transferts.com/top-14/ ... ligne.html
Toulon veut se renforcer en 2ème ligne
Publié le lun 17/10/2016 12:15

Déjà sur la piste du Toulousain Joe Tekori, le RCT se serait également renseigné sur le 2ème ligne écossais Jonny Gray pour venir renforcer son 5 de devant d'après le Midi Olympique.Sous contrat jusqu'en 2018 avec les Glasgow Warriors, Mourad Boudjellal devra sortir le chéquier pour s'attacher les services de ce joueur dès la saison prochaine. Les rumeurs font écho d'une indemnité avoisinant les 300 000€.
hp18

Post by hp18 »

A translation would be nice.

Edit: a true representation, not Google.
Adder

Re: RE: Re: The Glasgow Carpet Burns and Cary Grant Appreciation Thread

Post by Adder »

hp18 wrote:A translation would be nice.

Oops, here we go. Please forgive, I'm a terrible translator.

already known to be after Joe Tekori, the RCT have also been gathering information on the second row Jonny Gray as they look to reinforce their front 5. (According to the Midi-Olympique). Under contract until 2018 with the Glasgow warriors, M B will have to get his checkbook out in order to get him playing for his club next season. Rumours echo the sound of a 300 000euros indemnity package.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk
hp18

Re: RE: Re: The Glasgow Carpet Burns and Cary Grant Appreciation Thread

Post by hp18 »

Adder wrote:
hp18 wrote:A translation would be nice.

Oops, here we go. Please forgive, I'm a terrible translator.

already known to be after Joe Tekori, the RCT have also been gathering information on the second row Jonny Gray as they look to reinforce their front 5. (According to the Midi-Olympique). Under contract until 2018 with the Glasgow warriors, M B will have to get his checkbook out in order to get him playing for his club next season. Rumours echo the sound of a 300 000euros indemnity package.

Way better than what google gave me. Sounds like they're after the flavor of the month, if his agent has any sense he'll let it run.
Adder

Post by Adder »

Lots of promissing French forwards have seen their careers crumble at Toulouse. Actually, I believe Thibault Lassalle (ex Oyonnax Capitain) is looking to end his contratc early and go to Castres. The problem is that the top 14 is requesting a quota of French qualified International players per team (and ptobably per game) which doesnt suit RCT.

Adder

Post by Adder »

Toulon Twitter feed denies the Gray story
RCT - ‏@RCTofficiel
Nouvelle rumeur : Jonny Gray au RCT... Nous démentons cette fausse information.
However, this doesn't mean anything, as they tend to deny before the signing has been concluded.
Big D

Post by Big D »

I don't think he'd go yet just thought it worth mentioning.
Big D

Post by Big D »

I don't think he'd go yet just thought it worth mentioning.
Adder

Post by Adder »

Glasgow warriors twitter feed:

"BREAKING: Glasgow Warriors sign 21-year-old back-row Ruaridh Mackenzie until the end of the season in partnership with Ayr Rugby Football Club"

Anyone heard anything about him?

Cameo

Post by Cameo »

Adder wrote:Glasgow warriors twitter feed:

"BREAKING: Glasgow Warriors sign 21-year-old back-row Ruaridh Mackenzie until the end of the season in partnership with Ayr Rugby Football Club"

There are weekly highlights of the premises somewhere on YouTube. Will look later. Think he scored a couple from no8 on the weekend
Adder

Post by Adder »

Cameo wrote:
Adder wrote:Glasgow warriors twitter feed:

There are weekly highlights of the premises somewhere on YouTube. Will look later. Think he scored a couple from no8 on the weekend
here we are...

http://www.glasgowwarriors.org/news/16/ ... -scotstoun

The deal – made in partnership with BT Premiership side Ayr – will see him pursue his rugby career in the country of his birth, and for whom is father Gregor won a single cap at prop against Australia (1984) alongside Scotland greats Colin Deans and Iain Milne.

Mackenzie and his family left Inverness for New Zealand when he was three months old, where he would attend Christchurch Boys High School, famous for producing the likes of Dan Carter, Brodie Retallick, Sir Graham Henry and Steve Hansen.

Mackenzie scored on his debut for Ayr at the weekend

He was named vice-captain of the Christchurch Boys 1st XV before joining Bond University in Queensland on a Rugby scholarship before being selected in the Queensland Reds U20s programme aged 18.

Mackenzie made his debut off the bench for Ayr on Saturday and scored a try in the 39-13 win over Glasgow Hawks.

Speaking exclusively to glasgowwarriors.org, Ruaridh Mackenzie said: "I'm delighted to have joined Glasgow Warriors and I’m really looking forward to the opportunity to prove myself. I'm excited about what’s to come.

“I have strong roots in Scotland, having been born here and all my family are Scottish.

“It's great to come back to play my rugby in Scotland."

Glasgow Warriors head coach Gregor Townsend said: “It’s a great opportunity for Ruaridh to immerse himself in our culture and style of play.

“He has already made a positive impression in training and on his debut for Ayr at the weekend.

“Spending time with both clubs will really benefit Ruaridh and we’re looking forward to seeing him continue his development.”

Ayr President Billy McHarg, added: “We see Ruaridh as a useful addition to our squad in our quest to win the BT Premiership this season.

“Hopefully he will follow in the footsteps of previous Ayr players such as Ali Price, Finn Russell and Mark Bennett and gain a full-time contract with the Warriors.”
whatisthejava

Post by whatisthejava »

I'd like to see jimmy gray go play in the best league, how much would he learn playing with ex an, and kiwis every day.
whatisthejava

Post by whatisthejava »

Seriously autocorrect can go fuck itself
hp18

Post by hp18 »

Well what do I know. The game looks to be going ahead.
hp18

Post by hp18 »

Confirmed, game on.
whatisthejava

Post by whatisthejava »

Tooma not cited

so the citing commisioner feels it was a yellow card
switchskier

Post by switchskier »

whatisthejava wrote:Tooma not cited

so the citing commisioner feels it was a yellow card
To be fair probably works out to Glasgow's advantage of Leicester take something from Racing.
hugh_woatmeigh

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

Last Friday was the best I've seen Glasgow play since Toony took over and left me pretty optimistic for the next match. Unfortunately I can no longer see Glasgow getting any points down in Munster. Those boys will be desperate to honor Foley with a performance - emotion does funny things to a man.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Pretty unpredictable things though.
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

Aye. There is no way to tell if they'll be spurred on or emotionally chinned
Adder

Post by Adder »

Not always possible though... it could go both ways. Remember Toulouse playing last year after Paris bombing and they were clearly not in the game.

Big D

Post by Big D »

It sounds horrible to talk about the game as a contest when Foleys funeral today but I am sure Toony will have them prepared.

The 1st 10-15 minutes will be the key period of the game. If Glasgow allow Munster to get any early encouragement then it could be a tough game. Get ahead early and I think it might be hard for them.
whatisthejava

Post by whatisthejava »

Its up to Glasgow, the Munster lads will be desperate to do their best but if things start going wrong then they may struggle, as Big D said, first 15 mins is key and make sure that Munster dont get any easy ball or easy oints, after that the game will be a normal game and then its whatever teams does the best.

Munster are not capable of giving Glasgow a total hiding Id expect the result to be a 3 - 8 point game, if it was a normal game i would back Glasogw to win it
hp18

Post by hp18 »

Apparently Kenny Dalgleish was in with the squad this week.