The Glasgow Carpet Burns and Cary Grant Appreciation Thread

Moderator: OptimisticJock

hp18

Re: The Glasgow Carpet Burns and Cary Grant Appreciation Thread

Post by hp18 »

Tobylerone wrote:
Big D wrote:
hp18 wrote:More signing news for Glasgow this morning, and it had better be fucking good as the radio have just announced Favaro won't be getting a new deal. Fuck. That. Shit.
That's pretty disappointing. He'll be a good signing for someone. I hope he doesn't end up in the PRO12.
Hard to think of another player more uncomfortable to play against.. He does suffer damage regularly though..?
He does but he's worth it.
The Coo is dead. Long live The Coo.
Cameo

Post by Cameo »

hp18 wrote:
Tobylerone wrote:
Big D wrote:
That's pretty disappointing. He'll be a good signing for someone. I hope he doesn't end up in the PRO12.
Hard to think of another player more uncomfortable to play against.. He does suffer damage regularly though..?
I dont actually mind him leaving though we'll need a new 7. Has had some great games but is only fit for about 1 in 3 or 4
whatisthejava

Post by whatisthejava »

Hardie would be a great signing for weeg.
hp18

Post by hp18 »

Cameo wrote:
hp18 wrote:
Tobylerone wrote:
I dont actually mind him leaving though we'll need a new 7. Has had some great games but is only fit for about 1 in 3 or 4
19 of 28 last season.
hp18

Post by hp18 »

Simone confirming on Twitter &Facebook that he's leaving

"I would have loved being the one saying it first but BBC was quicker. It was an imposed decision, and I really thank you for everything, we loved each other and I'll always respect all of you keeping this experience in the deep of my heart forever. #wearewarriors #warriorsnation"
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

Interesting that Weegies/SRU don't want him going by that.
hugh_woatmeigh

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

hp18 wrote:Simone confirming on Twitter &Facebook that he's leaving

"I would have loved being the one saying it first but BBC was quicker. It was an imposed decision, and I really thank you for everything, we loved each other and I'll always respect all of you keeping this experience in the deep of my heart forever. #wearewarriors #warriorsnation"
By imposed I assume he means he wanted to stay. Really poor move from the management as Favaro is brilliant and has never given less than 110 for the Glasgow shirt.
hp18

Post by hp18 »

hugh_woatmeigh wrote:

By imposed I assume he means he wanted to stay. Really poor move from the management as Favaro is brilliant and has never given less than 110 for the Glasgow shirt.
Aye. He's being booted. The point has been made elsewhere that it's possibly been viewed as a choice between Fusaro and Favaro and some fuck knuckle at Murrayfield (ALF I'm looking at you) has said ditch the NSQ. Fucking braindead ditching of Glasgows only top OS and a credit to the club ethos.
hugh_woatmeigh

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

hp18 wrote:
hugh_woatmeigh wrote:

Aye. He's being booted. The point has been made elsewhere that it's possibly been viewed as a choice between Fusaro and Favaro and some fuck knuckle at Murrayfield (ALF I'm looking at you) has said ditch the NSQ. Fucking braindead ditching of Glasgows only top OS and a credit to the club ethos.
Well - he isn't available in international windows which is a huge drawback IMO but a worthwhile one given what he brings to the party. Yes, the season is a long slog but if Glasgow are serious about competing in knock out games, finals, etc then you need players of Favaro's calibre.
Tobylerone

Post by Tobylerone »

hp18 wrote:

At a loss with this one.. Even though there`s a NZ seven on the way..(I take it that Blake is busted..?)
Suggested earlier that when the opposition see Glasgow`s team sheet with Favaro`s name on it, the half backs (at the very least) will hiss "fuck"..
Big D

Post by Big D »

It could be a combination of the above and player budget being required elsewhere. The Glasgow budget will likely be around 6million or so assuming an increase from 5.1 this year.

Lots of wage being freed up with Grant and potentially Reid, Strauss and Bennett moving on but the Dunbar, Horne (assume he's resigned), Swinson and Hogg contracts will come with likely big increases. Jones won't be too cheap.

There needs to be money spent at Loosehead and possibly 8 too.
hugh_woatmeigh

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

Any of you weegies keeping up to date with the ticketing detail? Looks like daylight robbery. £8 to have your tickets delivered... is this SRU or Sarries imposed?
sharvey44

Post by sharvey44 »

hugh_woatmeigh wrote:Any of you weegies keeping up to date with the ticketing detail? Looks like daylight robbery. £8 to have your tickets delivered... is this SRU or Sarries imposed?
Probably Sarries. They were charging an obscene amount for tickets to a friendly against London Scottish. It wasn't even at Allianz Park it was at the Honorable Artillery Company ground in the city.
General Zod

Post by General Zod »

Glasgow now after Ollie Kebble from Stormers.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/38910070

Will whatsapp the in-laws and get the low-down.
Big D

Post by Big D »

Munster were after him a while. I thought he was SQ but appears not.
General Zod

Post by General Zod »

So, apparently, he's "not bad". High praise from them! His uncle has/ had an interesting life.

Here he is putting in an entirely legitimate hit...

hugh_woatmeigh

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

General Zod wrote:Glasgow now after Ollie Kebble from Stormers.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/38910070

Will whatsapp the in-laws and get the low-down.
If it's as a LHP that probably means Reid is leaving, unfortunately.

Glasgow are unlikely to lose Reid or Allan to international duty with a fully fit pool of Edinburgh LHPs to choose from. They have no need to sign an extra LH.
Big D

Post by Big D »

It wouldn't be surprising if Reids departure is linked to the incoming forwards coach.
hugh_woatmeigh

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

More signing news today from Weeg. I assume its one of those that were already done - Horne was never unveiled was he?
hugh_woatmeigh

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

Rory Hughes 2 years.
AL.

Post by AL. »

What happened with the All Black front row, forget his name?
hugh_woatmeigh

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

AL. wrote:What happened with the All Black front row, forget his name?
Corey Flynn? What do you mean? He's probably played in at least half the games this year already. Maybe HP can correct me.
Donny osmond

Post by Donny osmond »

It was so much easier to blame Them. It was bleakly depressing to think They were Us. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
hugh_woatmeigh

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

As good a team as you could expect given the injuries. Light at second row... when are Uanivi and Petersen expected back?

Delighted to see Vernon making a return.
AL.

Post by AL. »

hugh_woatmeigh wrote:
AL. wrote:What happened with the All Black front row, forget his name?
Corey Flynn? What do you mean? He's probably played in at least half the games this year already. Maybe HP can correct me.
I just don't remember seeing him that was all, wasn't sure if he was injured, it always seems to be Brown when I watch.