Digby

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Post by Digby »

Mini Bergamasco
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Anyone fancy giving some updates?

Saw a little bit of the Saints/Tigers came but that was it. Actually saw Hartley run (sort of) at one point! Quins actually scored some tries which is nice to see, but not fooling myself we'll do that consistently. Not sure which games were even televised. Anyone catch the Exeter Crusladers v Sharks game?
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

Non rugby little snippet. EJ gave the england football lads a talk on friday night and apparently it went down really well. I know southgate has been to some rugby sessions during the 6N.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... -lithuania
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Joey Barton to be made captain?
Puja

Post by Puja »

Mikey Brown wrote:Anyone fancy giving some updates?

Saw a little bit of the Saints/Tigers came but that was it. Actually saw Hartley run (sort of) at one point! Quins actually scored some tries which is nice to see, but not fooling myself we'll do that consistently. Not sure which games were even televised. Anyone catch the Exeter Crusladers v Sharks game?
You gave a scoring pass in a two-on-one in the Quins game, although you did look very, very long and hard at whether you could step inside and go yourself, before grudgingly giving it out to the unmarked winger in 20m of space, 30m from the line.

Hartley looked okay, but the outstanding performances from the Saints/Tigers game came from Genge and Lawes, who were both on top form. The former crushed Brookes in the scrum, not through strength but through devious tricks, winning 5 penalties to 0. He's been working on his game that lad.

Puja
Backist Monk
Peej

Post by Peej »

Puja wrote:

You gave a scoring pass in a two-on-one in the Quins game, although you did look very, very long and hard at whether you could step inside and go yourself, before grudgingly giving it out to the unmarked winger in 20m of space, 30m from the line.

Hartley looked okay, but the outstanding performances from the Saints/Tigers game came from Genge and Lawes, who were both on top form. The former crushed Brookes in the scrum, not through strength but through devious tricks, winning 5 penalties to 0. He's been working on his game that lad.

Puja
You also scored a try after refusing to give it out to the unmarked winger in 20m of space, 30m from the line but making the most of a weak attempt at a tackle
Puja

Post by Puja »

Peej wrote:
Puja wrote:

Puja
You also scored a try after refusing to give it out to the unmarked winger in 20m of space, 30m from the line but making the most of a weak attempt at a tackle
You also made a lovely break out of nothing, set up a three man overlap, drew the full-back and then crashed straight into him (Quins did score off the next phase though). Overall, probably your best game for Quins in a while, but you did make your wingers cry more than once.

(Bet you wish you hadn't asked now!)

Puja
Backist Monk
TheNomad

Post by TheNomad »

Get your hard hats on: Solomona 'sign residency paper work and declares interest in playing for England'

Currently on the BBC website

But will the new rules scupper him? I thought I'd read that somewhere
Puja

Post by Puja »

TheNomad wrote:Get your hard hats on: Solomona 'sign residency paper work and declares interest in playing for England'

Currently on the BBC website

But will the new rules scupper him? I thought I'd read that somewhere
Wonderful. "My heart's not here unless there's a sh*t-tonne of cash involved, then my heart's wherever you'd like it to be."

As for the rules, I don't suspect they'll be able to pass it without an amendment making it so that it comes into effect after 2019. And while the RFU have got their principled stand coming, I suspect that if Eddie wants, Eddie will get.

Puja
Backist Monk
Digby

Post by Digby »

If the only reason a players wants to play is money and they even actually rather dislike rugby I find I don't care if they're good enough, but that could apply to anyone. As to qualifying so easily on residency I do think it mocks the whole concept of international sport and instead it makes it a glorified version of the club game, but that's hardly on Solomona.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

FFS
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

He was always going to declare available, Sale need him to do that in order for him to count within their EQP contributions during a match day squad/
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

Any one watch underhill? EJ was supposedly attending to see him.
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

http://www.therugbypaper.co.uk/featured ... he-better/

"Mike Brown’s days as England’s first choice full-back are numbered according to Matt Perry, who reckons it is time for Bath and England to stop pussy-footing around and hand Anthony Watson their No.15 jerseys."
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Shouldn't he play 15 for Bath first!!?!?!?!?!?
Digby

Post by Digby »

Indeed, when will Bath actually play Watson at 15? Dashed unreasonable they've kept him out on the wing all this time, especially just to give Bowden all those games at 15
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

These Dorset lads can play a bit:

TheNomad

Post by TheNomad »

Watson looking pretty good at 15 I reckon

Anyway, the latest player to declare his interest in playing for the Red Rose (and inciting the hatred of the many on here) is Rhodes at Sarries.

Leaving aside the argument about whether he should - I happen to think he'd walk into the side at 6 at present. He's absolutely brilliant in my opinion.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

FFS. He's residency as well, isn't he? He's a good player and I think he'll go to Argentina. Sadly.
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

TheNomad wrote:Watson looking pretty good at 15 I reckon

Anyway, the latest player to declare his interest in playing for the Red Rose (and inciting the hatred of the many on here) is Rhodes at Sarries.

Leaving aside the argument about whether he should - I happen to think he'd walk into the side at 6 at present. He's absolutely brilliant in my opinion.
Yes, agreed. I was praising him last week. If Eddie were to overcome his objections to Robshaw at 7 maybe they'd be good either side of Billy or Hughes.
TheNomad

Post by TheNomad »

Fear not - he won't qualify for a while I don't think

I think around later summer 2018
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

seriously? Hatred?
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

Banquo wrote:

seriously? Hatred?
A lack of rationality in some cases, perhaps? Certainly not impartial opinion anyway. Just imagine how some would deal with Hughes, Solomona and Rhodes in the same XV! :o
TheNomad

Post by TheNomad »

Banquo wrote:

seriously? Hatred?
It was tongue in cheek - for the record, I'm not too bothered by it
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Oakboy wrote:
Banquo wrote:

seriously? Hatred?
A lack of rationality in some cases, perhaps? Certainly not impartial opinion anyway. Just imagine how some would deal with Hughes, Solomona and Rhodes in the same XV! :o
Do you think Hughes was unfairly criticised then? Or solomona's recent play? I have no principled objection to their playing for England, but neither have I got an uncritical eye.
Rhodes would be very handy, good lineout, workrate, tough as nails, and smart.