EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Moderator: Puja

Banquo

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Post by Banquo »

TheNomad wrote:
Banquo wrote:
TheNomad wrote:Watson looking pretty good at 15 I reckon

Anyway, the latest player to declare his interest in playing for the Red Rose (and inciting the hatred of the many on here) is Rhodes at Sarries.

Leaving aside the argument about whether he should - I happen to think he'd walk into the side at 6 at present. He's absolutely brilliant in my opinion.
seriously? Hatred?
It was tongue in cheek - for the record, I'm not too bothered by it
fair enough, just have always thought it an odd word to use when someone doesn't rate a player, or has a principled objection to their selection.
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

And on par with Clarke for psychotic play.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Raggs wrote:And on par with Clarke for psychotic play.
Really, hadn't spotted him up in front of the beak that often..assume you mean Calum Clark?
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Oakboy wrote:
Banquo wrote:

Anyway, the latest player to declare his interest in playing for the Red Rose (and inciting the hatred of the many on here) is Rhodes at Sarries.

Leaving aside the argument about whether he should - I happen to think he'd walk into the side at 6 at present. He's absolutely brilliant in my opinion.
seriously? Hatred?
A lack of rationality in some cases, perhaps? Certainly not impartial opinion anyway. Just imagine how some would deal with Hughes, Solomona and Rhodes in the same XV! :o
A lack of rationality? Some of us just don't rate Hughes, regardless of our thoughts on his eligibility. A few of us have even stated that he's slowly improved throughout his caps, albeit to a position of being ok. It wasn't happy when T'eo was picked but I've said that I think he's good enough to play. You've admitted you've watched one match in which Solomona played and you're declaring he should be picked, I've suggested you maybe should watch him a bit more before making that call. I'd also recommend you watch his decisions in defence from Friday night against the mighty Worcester - he'd be shredded at test level, regardless of his heritage. As for Rhodes I've stated he's good enough to play test rugby, I'm just disappointed it'll be for us. If/when he does play for us I'll rate him with the upmost objectivity.
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

Banquo wrote:
Really, hadn't spotted him up in front of the beak that often..assume you mean Calum Clark?
fivepointer

Post by fivepointer »

Yikes that was terrible. Think the 11 was entirely justified in giving him a belt.

In fairness, I havent seen Rhodes do anything close to that here.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Raggs wrote:
Banquo wrote:
yeah saw that, when googled following your sign post. Pretty bad. Possibly changed his spots, you never know. Clark seems a bit more serial.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

fivepointer wrote:Yikes that was terrible. Think the 11 was entirely justified in giving him a belt.

In fairness, I havent seen Rhodes do anything close to that here.
Piatau was actually let off for excessive provocation or similar.

And me too on Rhodes, though I note he'd also been sent off for stamping in SA.
Last edited by Banquo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

Raggs wrote:
Banquo wrote:

That is ridiculous.
Puja

Post by Puja »

It's largely irrelevant, as his 3 years won't be up till September 2018 and by that point, (hopefully) his 5 years won't be up till 2020, when he'll be 32.

Puja
Backist Monk
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

We surely have to have found a new 6 by 2019 that we don't have to cap a 30+ year old.
skidger

Post by skidger »

Oakboy wrote:
Banquo wrote:

seriously? Hatred?
A lack of rationality in some cases, perhaps? Certainly not impartial opinion anyway. Just imagine how some would deal with Hughes, Solomona and Rhodes in the same XV! :o
Indeed as if all three were starting our chances of getting hammered rise. Hughes starting again is bad enough let alone Chris Ashton lite.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

skidger wrote:
Oakboy wrote:
Banquo wrote: seriously? Hatred?
Indeed as if all three were starting our chances of getting hammered rise. Hughes starting again is bad enough let alone Chris Ashton lite.
I'm assured he is steadily improving.
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

As I said! ;)
morepork

Post by morepork »

How many ageing 6s does England really need? Maybe he could play 12?
Scrumhead

Post by Scrumhead »

twitchy wrote:We surely have to have found a new 6 by 2019 that we don't have to cap a 30+ year old. South African

:( I'm with you Twitchy. It's a thanks, but no thanks for me ...

Our back row depth isn't great right now, but I genuinely believe that we have some excellent young talent that will come in to the mix over the next year. I'd much rather take a slight gamble on Mercer or Chisholm coming good at 6 than pick Rhodes.
p/d

Post by p/d »

Oakboy wrote:
I wept when Hughes got capped. If fate were as cruel as to land us with those 3 then I would probably wail like Skidger did when Robbie quit Take That
skidger

Post by skidger »

p/d wrote:
Oakboy wrote:
I wept when Hughes got capped. If fate were as cruel as to land us with those 3 then I would probably wail like Skidger did when Robbie quit Take That

I cried today as only just heard about Brian Moore's tweet and realised i missed a Take That special.
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

p/d wrote:
Oakboy wrote:
The only time I feel like crying is when I see one of your posts without that lovely avatar! :shock:
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Absolutely gutted for Clifford to be out of the Argentina tour. He's been in and out of form, injured, shifted about positionally a lot and not really been able to make a dent at England level yet. Seems like this tour would have been a perfect time, given half the chances that Hughes has been.
fivepointer

Post by fivepointer »

Damn! thats a real pity. I was looking forward to seeing him get some game time. Injuries have really stalled his progress this season.
Digby

Post by Digby »

Where's Clifford on the bangs to his head? I wouldn't want to lose him from the game, but he's seemingly had a few now
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

I suspect the head knocks are why they've put him in for surgery now. Gets his shoulder sorted and gives his brain some time off. 3 concussions this season I think.
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

He is definitely reaching (if not at) the point of no return. That is serious.