Snap General Election called

kk67

Re: Snap General Election called

Post by kk67 »

I know not all Torys are nasty. I was serious about it raising a lot of questions. You've made my point rather well.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

kk67 wrote:I know not all Torys are nasty. I was serious about it raising a lot of questions. You've made my point rather well.
That you're a self-righteous idiot
kk67

Post by kk67 »

Mellsblue wrote:
kk67 wrote:I know not all Torys are nasty. I was serious about it raising a lot of questions. You've made my point rather well.
That you're a self-righteous idiot
If you like, Doris. I've removed the offending rhyme.
Last edited by kk67 on Wed May 24, 2017 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zhivago

Post by Zhivago »

Sandydragon wrote:
Zhivago wrote:
Sandydragon wrote:
In the current circumstances, I bet most labour MPs are dreading what words will come out of Dear Leaders mouth next.
I don't think so. Labour are at the same level Labour were in 2005.Higher than ed

Really? After a few days of Coryn and Abbots IRA links under the spotlight, do you think that his perceived support for terrorist groups in the past isn't going to dominate the next set of interviews?
You mean like the Sun's headline the morning after the bombing in Manchester? People have heard it all before. They have more pressing issues like not having their grave robbed by the Tories.

Все буде Україна!
Смерть ворогам!!

kk67

Post by kk67 »

Watching QT. The total absence of any discussion of English foreign policy in reference to radicalisation was shocking.
But now it's kicking off.
Zhivago

Post by Zhivago »

Lead cut to 5 pts

Все буде Україна!
Смерть ворогам!!

kk67

Post by kk67 »

Amber Rudd making hay while the sun shines on a 'security footing'. Still no sign of Boris or Jeremy.
canta_brian

Post by canta_brian »

Michael Fallen tries make hay. Doesn't do so well...

cashead

Post by cashead »

Somebody boo this man.

I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
Shame on you, sweet Nerevar
Digby

Post by Digby »

Straddling the divide, though at least those shoes aren't black as it might appear in the first photo
Stones of granite

Post by Stones of granite »

There's rumour going around that Dianne Abbott has been to the hairdresser and re-emerged as a UKIP supporter.
SerjeantWildgoose

Post by SerjeantWildgoose »

Are we to read, from Ms Abbott's remarks that the wearing of an Afro was indicative of support for the IRA? I knew that cunt Kevin Keegan was a bad shyte.
Idle Feck
Stones of granite

Post by Stones of granite »

SerjeantWildgoose wrote:Are we to read, from Ms Abbott's remarks that the wearing of an Afro was indicative of support for the IRA? I knew that cunt Kevin Keegan was a bad shyte.
Mick Hucknall, as a ginger afro wearer, was followed Special Branch for years, until the bill for therapy outstripped the Home Office budget.
Stom

Post by Stom »

You could do an entire standup routine just about Diane Abbott...

She should be nowhere near the front bench, tbh. Just put her out to graze. When someone makes Michael Portillo look like the more human politician, you know there's a problem :D
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Stones of granite wrote:
SerjeantWildgoose wrote:Are we to read, from Ms Abbott's remarks that the wearing of an Afro was indicative of support for the IRA? I knew that cunt Kevin Keegan was a bad shyte.
Mick Hucknall, as a ginger afro wearer, was followed Special Branch for years, until the bill for therapy outstripped the Home Office budget.
The fact he duped Melanie Sykes in to going out with him is reason enough to have him followed. He clearly has some sort of evil superpower. Poor woman.
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Stom wrote:You could do an entire standup routine just about Diane Abbott...

She should be nowhere near the front bench, tbh. Just put her out to graze. When someone makes Michael Portillo look like the more human politician, you know there's a problem :D
Come back spitting image all is forgiven.
Zhivago

Post by Zhivago »

Quiet here... I wonder why... :D

Все буде Україна!
Смерть ворогам!!

Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Zhivago wrote:Quiet here... I wonder why... :D
So now you believe the polls are accurate? Is that the poll which gives the Tories a 3 point lead or a 12 point one?

Heaven help us if this election does end in a hung parliament, although I'd still bet that it won't.
Zhivago

Post by Zhivago »

Sandydragon wrote:
So now you believe the polls are accurate? Is that the poll which gives the Tories a 3 point lead or a 12 point one?

Heaven help us if this election does end in a hung parliament, although I'd still bet that it won't.
Bet then. Winner chooses avatar of loser.

Все буде Україна!
Смерть ворогам!!

jared_7

Post by jared_7 »

Labour are definitely climbing, mainly because I think people are getting direct, unframed facetime of Corbyn, probably for the first extended period of time. However, I suspect the closeness of recent polls overstate it - being conservative is still "not cool" when asked - and on election day the Conservatives will still win comfortably.

Comfortably, is subjective though. It will make May look weak if she doesn't significantly increase Tory seats.
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Zhivago wrote:
Sandydragon wrote:

What's the bet? Who gets the most seats? Or which one is PM post election?
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

jared_7 wrote:Labour are definitely climbing, mainly because I think people are getting direct, unframed facetime of Corbyn, probably for the first extended period of time. However, I suspect the closeness of recent polls overstate it - being conservative is still "not cool" when asked - and on election day the Conservatives will still win comfortably.

Comfortably, is subjective though. It will make May look weak if she doesn't significantly increase Tory seats.
If there is a modest increase in Tory seats, or a loss, then she is toast. Her campaign has been awful.

Labour are doing very well with younger voters by promising lots of stuff they care about. Will those younger voters turn out? If this the youths Brexit opportunity?
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

Zhivago

Post by Zhivago »

Sandydragon wrote:
Zhivago wrote:
Sandydragon wrote: So now you believe the polls are accurate? Is that the poll which gives the Tories a 3 point lead or a 12 point one?

Bet is whether there is a hung parliament. I'd go for the PM bet but Theresa May might try to cling on in the event of a minority.

Все буде Україна!
Смерть ворогам!!

Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Zhivago wrote:
Sandydragon wrote:
Zhivago wrote:
Bet is whether there is a hung parliament. I'd go for the PM bet but Theresa May might try to cling on in the event of a minority.
Hung parliament could still mean a Conservative led coalition, if only a couple of seats out the Ulster Unionists will prop her up.

OK, if the Conservatives have a majority government after the election, which could be just 1 seat, then I win. If not you win. Loser gets to display the avatar of the winner's choice for 1 month (but it has to be safe for work).

Agreed?