EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Moderator: Puja

Digby

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Post by Digby »

Mellsblue wrote:I wasn't sure whether to put this in here or the crap joke thread......Ryan Lamb is starting for the French champions, Stade Rochellais, against probably the biggest and most consistently successful club in Europe, Clermont Auvergne. Let that sink in for a while. Next time you feel you can't achieve something, no matter how impossible, think 'what would Ryan Lamb do'.
Our very own Brian Boitano
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

What would Ryan Lamb do? Guide his side to a 6 try, 51 v 20 win. That's what Ryan Lamb would do.
16th man

Post by 16th man »

Lawes putting a bit of a marker down in the first couple of weeks.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Mellsblue wrote:What would Ryan Lamb do? Guide his side to a 6 try, 51 v 20 win. That's what Ryan Lamb would do.
lol.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

What we making of the midfield options?

Ford looks class, but behind a beaten pack.
Not really seen Farrell or yesterdays game. Coincided with a bit of a Sarries fightback???
Burns not really played.
Slade looked good to me but obviously I've got a massive crush on him and only seen highlights. Typically great offload/assist last week and a neat try this week. Seemed to run some good lines. Crucial missed penalty last week though.
Manu/Devoto- gubbed
Ryan Lamb - solid game at the weekend I hear. Great range of passing.
Has Francis played?
Not sure how Joseph has looked but he should be paying attention to Marchant who is looking really good right now.
Smith massively promising but obviously a long way off.

Who else?
Puja

Post by Puja »

Mikey Brown wrote:What we making of the midfield options?

Ford looks class, but behind a beaten pack.
Not really seen Farrell or yesterdays game. Coincided with a bit of a Sarries fightback???
Burns not really played.
Slade looked good to me but obviously I've got a massive crush on him and only seen highlights. Typically great offload/assist last week and a neat try this week. Seemed to run some good lines. Crucial missed penalty last week though.
Manu/Devoto- gubbed
Ryan Lamb - solid game at the weekend I hear. Great range of passing.
Has Francis played?
Not sure how Joseph has looked but he should be paying attention to Marchant who is looking really good right now.
Smith massively promising but obviously a long way off.

Who else?
Fazlet did look very good and sharp in attack, but did make one terrible pass to Wyles's feet.
Francis is injured.
Joseph has looked very good - contained Manu last week and set up a Bath try with beautiful quick hands this week. Nothing especially dashing or flashy, but is doing everything very well, as you'd expect from an established international stepping down to Prem level.

Puja
Backist Monk
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

On JJ, he's showing good hands and vision, standing at first receiver a fair bit, and still looks the best defensive centre in the league.
Whilst his personal threat ball-in-hand has been more-or-less nullified by most defences, he's using it pulls defenders out of line to do so.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Good to hear. An awful lot would need to change for me to seriously consider not having Joseph in the side.

I made a massive blunder with the previous list and somehow forgot Max Clark.
Digby

Post by Digby »

Banquo wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:What would Ryan Lamb do? Guide his side to a 6 try, 51 v 20 win. That's what Ryan Lamb would do.
lol.
Is there a RWC in the year 3010?
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Which Tyler wrote:On JJ, he's showing good hands and vision, standing at first receiver a fair bit, and still looks the best defensive centre in the league.
Whilst his personal threat ball-in-hand has been more-or-less nullified by most defences, he's using it pulls defenders out of line to do so.
JJ is just bloody good, not really sure why it's in doubt; not sure what more is wanted, unless its boshing.
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Yes, JJ oozes class...and watching Te'o today they'd be a hell of a partnership I reckon...
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Timbo wrote:Yes, JJ oozes class...and watching Te'o today they'd be a hell of a partnership I reckon...
indeed...Ford, Teo and JJ would be a handful for anyone; stick Watson at 15 and a lot of defences would hate that.....
Digby

Post by Digby »

Banquo wrote:
Timbo wrote:Yes, JJ oozes class...and watching Te'o today they'd be a hell of a partnership I reckon...
indeed...Ford, Teo and JJ would be a handful for anyone; stick Watson at 15 and a lot of defences would hate that.....
Stick Wade on the wing and they'd be unhappier still
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Digby wrote:
Banquo wrote:
Stick Wade on the wing and they'd be unhappier still
well yes. and Roko. Job done.....doh,we need a 9!

and an openside

and more carriers
etc
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

Robson at 9.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Raggs wrote:Robson at 9.
maybe, but we won't know til/if he gets some time there for England...and trust that his drop off last season was just a blip. I'd like him to get a go.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Didn't really look like the heir apparent today.

Puja
Backist Monk
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

Puja wrote:

Puja
Why not? What did he do wrong?
Puja

Post by Puja »

Raggs wrote:
Puja wrote:

Puja
Why not? What did he do wrong?
Service wasn't brilliant and had an otherwise quiet and uninfluential game. Nothing particularly dire (aside drom one pass to Hughes's feet in a good attacking position), but also nothing that would make Eddie think he'd made a terrible mistake.

Puja
Backist Monk
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

I'll no doubt be watching it again, so I'll try and keep an eye out for his service. No credit for a great break and superb kicking?
Puja

Post by Puja »

Raggs wrote:I'll no doubt be watching it again, so I'll try and keep an eye out for his service. No credit for a great break and superb kicking?
I will admit to watching it while in a pit of despair over how bad Leicester's been, so that might be why I missed the break!

Puja
Backist Monk
Digby

Post by Digby »

Raggs wrote:I'll no doubt be watching it again, so I'll try and keep an eye out for his service. No credit for a great break and superb kicking?
Some of Robson's exit plays in the first round were excellent, maybe they all were but I didn't concentrate on the whole game (and there was one perhaps stand out iffy kick)
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

Digby wrote:
Some of Robson's exit plays in the first round were excellent, maybe they all were but I didn't concentrate on the whole game (and there was one perhaps stand out iffy kick)
Can't recall bad kicks this time, he had a good box kick (upto half way) to clear, and then absolutely nailed a bit of a kick tennis, bouncing it out about 10m from Wuss's try line.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Should we be keeping an eye on Tom Collins as a bolter for the squad? If Watson moves to fullback (please let this happen) then May is the only Jones regular that is a contender for speedster wing position.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Raggs wrote:
Digby wrote:
Can't recall bad kicks this time, he had a good box kick (upto half way) to clear, and then absolutely nailed a bit of a kick tennis, bouncing it out about 10m from Wuss's try line.
There was the charge down by Alo. It was pretty rank, notwithstanding Alo is bigger than Flatman's car.
I thought it was a 7/10 performance, which would put him above the vast majority of those who played. His passing was quite loopy but it was tipping it down.