EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Moderator: Puja

jngf

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Post by jngf »

TheNomad wrote:
He can be very eye catching, and he's rapid for his size - all of which is great - but as a test back row you, IMO can't afford to get through as little dirty work as he does.
Cough, ...Tom...Crof....Cough! ;)
jngf

Post by jngf »

Mikey Brown wrote: He's got big shoes to fill at 8 for Quins this year so we'll see how he handles that.
and an even bigger belly to fill ;)
jngf

Post by jngf »

TheNomad wrote:

Let's just poach this kid
Good to see Steffon Armitage in fine form! :)
Spiffy

Post by Spiffy »

TheNomad wrote:At test level, to be honest he's probably a 10, capable of playing 12. I don't think he's a 13. Will be interesting to see where he settles in a few years...maybe he won't...but I think the issue is that he's unlikely to be playing at 12 for Exeter with Hill and Devoto there.
Depends on what the coach wants. As a naturally-gifyer rugby player, Slade is far ahead of those other two. I think we will see less and less of Hill, a centre with some power but limited ability - Jamie Roberts lite.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Spiffy wrote:
TheNomad wrote:At test level, to be honest he's probably a 10, capable of playing 12. I don't think he's a 13. Will be interesting to see where he settles in a few years...maybe he won't...but I think the issue is that he's unlikely to be playing at 12 for Exeter with Hill and Devoto there.
Depends on what the coach wants. As a naturally-gifyer rugby player, Slade is far ahead of those other two. I think we will see less and less of Hill, a centre with some power but limited ability - Jamie Roberts lite.
Agreed. Unless Hill pulls a Mike Brown-esque jump in ability out of his hat in the next season, he's going to be the loser in that centre battle.

Puja
Backist Monk
Digby

Post by Digby »

Hill could do worse than move to Bath
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

Digby wrote:Hill could do worse than move to Bath
Clark's a younger version of Hill, with a bit more pace; I'd happily take Devo back, or give Slade a home at 12 though.
Tigersman

Post by Tigersman »

Tigers could do with trying to pinch Clark or Sloan.
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

Some more stats ready - I know you guys just love them!
Stats for the provisional EPS squad, for the 2015/16 Premiership (+6N). Also included is kicking stats for the entirety 2014/15/16 seasons.
EPS 2015-16.png
Second set is averages for all stats per 80 minutes played (ie total / minutes played x 80) - except kicking stats; which is just kicking averages - split by conversions and penalties as requested (you bastard!)
EPS 2015-16 Ave.png
TheNomad

Post by TheNomad »

Ooh! Will get my teeth into that tomorrow
Puja

Post by Puja »

TheNomad wrote:Ooh! Will get my teeth into that tomorrow
You are Chris Ashton and I claim my £5.

Puja
Backist Monk
TheNomad

Post by TheNomad »

Busted...

Well I've got a bit of spare time now you see
TheNomad

Post by TheNomad »

Which Tyler wrote:Some more stats ready - I know you guys just love them!
Stats for the provisional EPS squad, for the 2015/16 Premiership (+6N). Also included is kicking stats for the entirety 2014/15/16 seasons.

Second set is averages for all stats per 80 minutes played (ie total / minutes played x 80) - except kicking stats; which is just kicking averages - split by conversions and penalties as requested (you bastard!)
So have you put all that together long hand (i.e. from ESPN Scrum etc.), or is there a good source that I'm missing? Can't find it on statbunker
Stom

Post by Stom »

Without going into it in detail, I just have one comment:

How the hell is Hartley ahead of George! That guy is insane. Runs 5 times more per game than Hartley, makes more tackles, misses fewer, concedes fewer penalties...
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

TheNomad wrote:So have you put all that together long hand (i.e. from ESPN Scrum etc.), or is there a good source that I'm missing? Can't find it on statbunker
Stats from ESPN - not quite long-hand; it was actually easier to cut-and-paste the entire team's worth of stat.s into Excel, and then just re-arrange things, and pick out the EPS squad members - also means I've got the lot (excepting Worcester's starting THP for each match - according to ESPN they never bothered with one), so when he names his actual EPS, it'll take about 2 minutes to update this.

Keeping things up to date for the current year is going to be way more hassle; as they've split things differently, and have each match's states over 4 pages rather than all together.

You can still thank a broken toe which has kept me at home, and bored all week for putting them together though
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Stom wrote:Without going into it in detail, I just have one comment:

How the hell is Hartley ahead of George! That guy is insane. Runs 5 times more per game than Hartley, makes more tackles, misses fewer, concedes fewer penalties...
It's a question a lot of people have been asking for just over a year. The answer is beyond me. I'm sure it'll happen in time and it's one of the ones that will have to happen for us to win the World Cup.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Which Tyler wrote:
TheNomad wrote:So have you put all that together long hand (i.e. from ESPN Scrum etc.), or is there a good source that I'm missing? Can't find it on statbunker
You can still thank a broken toe which has kept me at home, and bored all week for putting them together though
Kicking cricket balls and running around with your jumper over your head, again?
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

Mellsblue wrote:
Which Tyler wrote:
Kicking cricket balls and running around with your jumper over your head, again?
Nothing so dramatic - more a failure to react quickly enough* when approached by a 55kg dog going full-pelt with half a tree in her mouth.
Actually currently unsure whether it's a fracture or "just" perioesteal bruising - either way, I can barely walk about the house; let alone walk to and at work, or balance on one foot whilst there.

As for the stat.s I need a break from just looking at figures; probably have a look to analyse them after the weekend.
Looking at George specifically though - LCD's got some pretty impressive figures ball-in-hand, but that tackle %age for George... wow!

* Honest, nothing at all to do with carrying 15kg more of Aidan than there should be - I'm still at my rugby playing weight after all!
Beasties

Post by Beasties »

Be interesting to know what Tommy Taylor's stats are in relation to Hartley and George, especially he's now at a bigger club.
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

Beasties wrote:Be interesting to know what Tommy Taylor's stats are in relation to Hartley and George, especially he's now at a bigger club.
I'll give it a couple of days, but if we gather a list of players who's stats we want to see; to compare for ourselves, and I'll get on it.
Won't take long now that I've gathered all the data and got it set.

Premiership players only though (as of 2015/16)!
Stom

Post by Stom »

Which Tyler wrote:
Beasties wrote:Be interesting to know what Tommy Taylor's stats are in relation to Hartley and George, especially he's now at a bigger club.
I'll give it a couple of days, but if we gather a list of players who's stats we want to see; to compare for ourselves, and I'll get on it.
Won't take long now that I've gathered all the data and got it set.

Premiership players only though (as of 2015/16)!
Ollie Devoto and Matt Smith. :)
Hucks

Post by Hucks »

I saw one stat from opta saying Matt symons and Tommy Taylor are the only two players to have made more than 25 tackles so far with a 100% completion rate.

From a wasps point of view id love to see the stats for Taylor, symons, Thompson and Sam Jones (after saints game)
Digby

Post by Digby »

Stats for Campagnaro should be instructive
Puja

Stats for Campagnaro

Post by Puja »

Puja
Backist Monk
Peat

Post by Peat »

Mellsblue wrote:
Stom wrote:Without going into it in detail, I just have one comment:

It's a question a lot of people have been asking for just over a year. The answer is beyond me. I'm sure it'll happen in time and it's one of the ones that will have to happen for us to win the World Cup.
How very dare you. Hartley is our awesome captain who's transformed us into this magnificent team. Losing him for a superior rugby player would be an incredible blow. We should be grateful for Hartley and not consider such foolishness. :evil:

:roll: