hp18

Re: The Glasgow Carpet Burns and Cary Grant Appreciation Thread

Post by hp18 »

That would be Farrell of Saracens? ;)
The Coo is dead. Long live The Coo.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

It would be pretty funny if Russell came to Quins and Jackson was stuck behind him again. He'd certainly suit our style but we don't seem interested in spending money on anyone decent.
switchskier

Post by switchskier »

Interesting that he's reported as going in 12 months time. In some ways that could work out well for Glasgow. Gives Hastings and Horne all the incentive to claim that potential starting slot and if neither looks like taking it gives plenty of time to bring in a quality replacement.

Can understand Russell going for the cash and a new experience after his career was so nearly ended and the prior relationship with cotter.
hugh_woatmeigh

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

The best fly half we've had in years sitting on the bench behind Cruden? Could be the making of him as I think his development suffers from a lack of real competition for his place. Still a hell of a risk if he loses that battle as we have nobody else.
Cameo

Post by Cameo »

hugh_woatmeigh wrote:The best fly half we've had in years sitting on the bench behind Cruden? Could be the making of him as I think his development suffers from a lack of real competition for his place. Still a hell of a risk if he loses that battle as we have nobody else.
Yeah, I presume Cruden isnt going back after one season or anything? Would be a pity if he is benching. Im not actually sure competition helps you too much at 10. For me it is all about game time. It is not like Russel coming along helped Weir too much or Weir coming in helped Jackson
Big D

Re: RE: Re: The Glasgow Carpet Burns and Cary Grant Appreciation Thread

Post by Big D »

Cameo wrote:
hugh_woatmeigh wrote:The best fly half we've had in years sitting on the bench behind Cruden? Could be the making of him as I think his development suffers from a lack of real competition for his place. Still a hell of a risk if he loses that battle as we have nobody else.
Yeah, I presume Cruden isnt going back after one season or anything? Would be a pity if he is benching. Im not actually sure competition helps you too much at 10. For me it is all about game time. It is not like Russel coming along helped Weir too much or Weir coming in helped Jackson
If it's true then Russell is a Cotter signing and I don't think Cruden was and the deal will be a favourable one for Russell. That in it's self shows faith that he would be signed to play plenty of game time IMO..... If true.
AL.

Post by AL. »

switchskier wrote:Interesting that he's reported as going in 12 months time. In some ways that could work out well for Glasgow. Gives Hastings and Horne all the incentive to claim that potential starting slot and if neither looks like taking it gives plenty of time to bring in a quality replacement.

Can understand Russell going for the cash and a new experience after his career was so nearly ended and the prior relationship with cotter.
Id be sniffing around after that Ihaia West bloke from the Blues, apparently SQ.
Big D

Post by Big D »

AL. wrote:
switchskier wrote:Interesting that he's reported as going in 12 months time. In some ways that could work out well for Glasgow. Gives Hastings and Horne all the incentive to claim that potential starting slot and if neither looks like taking it gives plenty of time to bring in a quality replacement.

Id be sniffing around after that Ihaia West bloke from the Blues, apparently SQ.
Aren't the Maori the ABs designated 2nd side?
AL.

Post by AL. »

Big D wrote:
AL. wrote:

Do t know and didn't know he had played for them.....wishful thinking....as an Ed supporter that sounds weird.
whatisthejava

Post by whatisthejava »

Big D wrote:
AL. wrote:

Would he not of had to play a capped game, cant see how you can get capped against the Lions
Big D

Post by Big D »

whatisthejava wrote:
Big D wrote:
AL. wrote:
Would he not of had to play a capped game, cant see how you can get capped against the Lions
He played against Canada years ago but that may have been before the Maori became their second side. He did however IIRC play 10 v the USA last year
hp18

Post by hp18 »

While I can't rule out IW being SQ. I'm pretty sure the long running rumour that he is SQ was started as a joke by Frillage from PR on account of the ginger hair etc.
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

The Maori have never been our second side. It's always been the "Junior All Blacks" our daftly named "A" side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Big D »

Lizard wrote:The Maori have never been our second side. It's always been the "Junior All Blacks" our daftly named "A" side.

I thought they had changed it. Apparently not. Got to hold my hands up to that one.
AL.

Post by AL. »

Lizard wrote:The Maori have never been our second side. It's always been the "Junior All Blacks" our daftly named "A" side.

I am pretty sure he played for the U20's AB side, so that's binned....
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

AL. wrote:

I am pretty sure he played for the U20's AB side, so that's binned....
The Junior All Blacks are not the u20s. They are just an "A" side with a misleading name. They haven't actually been selected or played since leaving the Pacific Nations Cup in 2009. The NZRU seems to have an unspoken policy of not capturing players other than by full caps, which is creditworthy, I think.

Post by Matt Ha »

I thought the Hurricanes guy who is bound for Glasgow put in a good shift against the Lions. Looks like he could be a handy signing.
Adder

Post by Adder »

Matt Ha wrote:I thought the Hurricanes guy who is bound for Glasgow put in a good shift against the Lions. Looks like he could be a handy signing.
He looka quite strong as well(Favaro type?).

He scored a try

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk
hp18

Post by hp18 »

Adder wrote:
Matt Ha wrote:I thought the Hurricanes guy who is bound for Glasgow put in a good shift against the Lions. Looks like he could be a handy signing.
He looka quite strong as well(Favaro type?).

He scored a try

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk
More a carrying and support lines type.
whatisthejava

Post by whatisthejava »

So Hogg is out for 4-6 months

Jonny Gray also out 4-6 months.

That's a kick in the nuts.
Big D

Post by Big D »

Nice and rested for the AIs.
hugh_woatmeigh

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

Glasgow refusal to sign proper fb cover looking very naive now.
Big D

Post by Big D »

So it's actually a known shoulder issue that Hogg had operated on?
ARM

Post by ARM »

The AIs are only slightly ahead of the Lions on the Meh-Ometer.

Shite for Glasgows domestic and European season though.