NFL Draft

Mellsblue

Re: NFL Draft

Post by Mellsblue »

Mellsblue wrote:Schoen had a second interview today. Ryan Poles tomorrow, who has also had an interview with the Vikings. Yet more noise from beat writers that Schoen is the man to beat.
Second interview for Adam Peters tomorrow.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Joe Schoen it is. Loads of rumours it was always his and the interview process was a sham. All the well connected beat writers have said from the start that he was the firm favourite and ESPN updated its database earlier in the week to show Shoen hired as GM on 7th Jan!! All a bit weird. Anyway, let’s hope Daboll isn’t too far behind, notwithstanding I’d like to see the Bills win the SB.

Adam Peters a very close second according to a very well connected journo:

switchskier

Post by switchskier »

Mellsblue wrote:Joe Schoen it is. Loads of rumours it was always his and the interview process was a sham. All the well connected beat writers have said from the start that he was the firm favourite and ESPN updated its database earlier in the week to show Shoen hired as GM on 7th Jan!! All a bit weird. Anyway, let’s hope Daboll isn’t too far behind, notwithstanding I’d like to see the Bills win the SB.

Adam Peters a very close second according to a very well connected journo:

Result for us. Now here's hoping for a similar result for Peters in all of his other interviews. Getting someone from the bills feels like a smart move though.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Schoen has already interview Daboll and is scheduled to interview Frazier today. Beane has already said that he doesn’t expect any members of the Bills front office to move from NY to NJ so I’m guessing there’s a gentleman’s agreement that nicking a coordinator for HC is fine but no mass hiring from Bills staff.
switchskier

Post by switchskier »

I guess Aaron Rodgers didn't do his own research on the niners defense...
Big D

Post by Big D »

Sigh.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Big D wrote:Sigh.
Did you watch? Sounded like an amazing match. I was tempted but had an early start today.
Loads of stuff on twatter saying that was the real super bowl, sack off the super bowl and have best of three etc.
Big D

Post by Big D »

Mellsblue wrote:
Did you watch? Sounded like an amazing match. I was tempted but had an early start today.
Loads of stuff on twatter saying that was the real super bowl, sack off the super bowl and have best of three etc.
Was terrific. Two QBs playing at the peak of their powers. Allen really showed he has shaken off any play off nerves ala the Texans game.

The kick off decision was poor. We should have popped it up. Diggs anonymous too which was strange.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Big D wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:
Was terrific. Two QBs playing at the peak of their powers. Allen really showed he has shaken off any play off nerves ala the Texans game.

The kick off decision was poor. We should have popped it up. Diggs anonymous too which was strange.
Both the Bucs and the Bills fckd up the last few seconds of the normal time, having worked so hard to get back into it.
switchskier

Post by switchskier »

Big D wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:

Highlights were great. Worth watching the full game or just skip to the insane fourth quarter?

Bills should be competing again next year. Doesn't look like there are going to be huge losses to free agency? Could Edmunds having a quieter year actually help you to extend him more cheaply?
Big D

Post by Big D »

switchskier wrote:
Big D wrote:
Mellsblue wrote: Did you watch? Sounded like an amazing match. I was tempted but had an early start today.

Highlights were great. Worth watching the full game or just skip to the insane fourth quarter?

Bills should be competing again next year. Doesn't look like there are going to be huge losses to free agency? Could Edmunds having a quieter year actually help you to extend him more cheaply?

We're losing quite a lot in FA and some well worth cutting to save $$.

Edmunds always appears to have quiet games but there was a great article in thr Athletic that broke down how he impacts plays by the way he covers the middle. I'm nit sure he's worth mega money but he'd have too big a market not to get well paid.

If you have gamepass watching the game in 40 is probably worth it. I don't think I'll watch again for a long time.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Daboll for HC it is. The next big question is where will Dorsey be OC - in NY or for NY.
According to a number of beat writers, DC seems to be between Graham, Martindale and Fangio. I would love to see Graham get a chance to coordinate a defence that is helped by a offence that can stay on the field for longer than 30 seconds.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Bengals!! Mahomes pretty much shut down 2nd half
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Ffs. Gave up on Chiefs v Bengals as I thought it was going to be a blow out.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Mellsblue wrote:Ffs. Gave up on Chiefs v Bengals as I thought it was going to be a blow out.
apols if a spoiler. The Bengals secondary was amazing second half, bar one lapse in concentration.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Banquo wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:Ffs. Gave up on Chiefs v Bengals as I thought it was going to be a blow out.
apols if a spoiler. The Bengals secondary was amazing second half, bar one lapse in concentration.
No, don’t worry, it wasn’t. I’d organised to watch with my bro but after the Chiefs took an ‘unassailable’ lead I told him I’d rather get an early night……. only to wake up to a number of texts telling me I’d made a poor decision.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

GOAT gone, gottabe Gronk gone
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

So good he retired twice.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Mellsblue wrote:Joe Schoen it is. Loads of rumours it was always his and the interview process was a sham. All the well connected beat writers have said from the start that he was the firm favourite and ESPN updated its database earlier in the week to show Shoen hired as GM on 7th Jan!! All a bit weird. Anyway, let’s hope Daboll isn’t too far behind, notwithstanding I’d like to see the Bills win the SB.
Flores certainly thinks the HC interview process was a sham. Belichick has a lot to answer for.
switchskier

Post by switchskier »

Mellsblue wrote:
Flores certainly thinks the HC interview process was a sham. Belichick has a lot to answer for.
So if I've got it right, Belichick meant to text Brian Daboll with s congratulatory message and, as a 69 year old who confesses he is bad with tech, he accidentally messaged the next Brian in his address book. This was a problem because Flores hadn't had his interview yet, so it appears to have been to meet Rooney rule only.

I see that Ryans has turned down an interview offer for the Vikings HC position, potentially for the same reason. Silver lining might be that we get to keep him.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

switchskier wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:
So if I've got it right, Belichick meant to text Brian Daboll with s congratulatory message and, as a 69 year old who confesses he is bad with tech, he accidentally messaged the next Brian in his address book. This was a problem because Flores hadn't had his interview yet, so it appears to have been to meet Rooney rule only.

I see that Ryans has turned down an interview offer for the Vikings HC position, potentially for the same reason. Silver lining might be that we get to keep him.
You do have it right.
Buggaluggs

Post by Buggaluggs »

I've been a Bengals fan since 1988. This has been epic! We had some luck with an oddly weak AFC North this year, but we've good when it counts. Mahommes is 39-2 when 14 up against everyone else. 0-2 vs Burrow!
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Buggaluggs wrote:
I've been a Bengals fan since 1988. This has been epic! We had some luck with an oddly weak AFC North this year, but we've good when it counts. Mahommes is 39-2 when 14 up against everyone else. 0-2 vs Burrow!
I think my favourite ‘stat’ of this season is that this year is the first Bengals win (might be appearance) in the post season since the text message was invented!
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Gutted Graham has left but looking forward to seeing what Martindale can do. The Giants won’t die wondering on either side of the ball next season.