The Glasgow Carpet Burns and Cary Grant Appreciation Thread

Moderator: OptimisticJock

Adder

Re: RE: Re: The Glasgow Carpet Burns and Cary Grant Appreciation Thread

Post by Adder »

OptimisticJock wrote:Wasn't expecting a red
That should be the game. Shame, Cardiff were playing very well.

I might be speaking to soon of course.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk
Adder

Re: The Glasgow Carpet Burns and Cary Grant Appreciation Thread

Post by Adder »

Pyrgos seems to be struggling to play at pace.

Stones of granite

Post by Stones of granite »

That was a harsh red in my opinion.
Cameo

Post by Cameo »

I dont think that's a red. It is high but I thought he wrapped. Turner was coming down too which doesnt mean it's not high but should reduce the sanction
Cameo

Post by Cameo »

Will probs be enough but not a great performance by Glasgow so far. Jackson is playing well though
Stones of granite

Cameo wrote:Will probs be enough but not a great performance by Glasgow so far. Jackson is playing well though
It’s pish tbh
Stones of granite

Decent score, but underwhelming performance
Big D

Post by Big D »

I thought the red was harsh.
whatisthejava

Post by whatisthejava »

Most people on here knows that I want Cardiff to lose every game, play it again and then get pumped

But

I thought Cardiff were hard done by the red and I thought they harried the weeg constantly.

Deserved a losing bp.
hugh_woatmeigh

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

Not a red. Owens got that one wrong - yellow would have been fine.

Despite that Cardiff competed very well, they were well drilled and it was only a couple of late scores that added a bit of gloss to the scoreline.

I thought Glasgow were poor - stuttering all over the place. Wholesale changes after such a superb win last week maybe not such a great idea...

I think Pyrgos will be shipped on at the end of his contract. He just doesn't fit into this style of play - the Horne sub changed the game. One moment summed it up for me. Pyrgos was fumbling with the ball at the back of a 5m scrum. This meant by the time he got the ball securely the backs had taken their positions, started their runs and already been lined up by the Cardiff defenders. Now if that were Price or Horne they'd have kept the defence honest - knowing full well they'd already anticipated exactly what move they were planning. Pyrgos? He just shoveled it on. His first instincts are just all wrong for this game.

I think George Horne will usurp him sooner rather than later. For both club & country.
Big D

Post by Big D »

hugh_woatmeigh wrote:Not a red. Owens got that one wrong - yellow would have been fine.

Despite that Cardiff competed very well, they were well drilled and it was only a couple of late scores that added a bit of gloss to the scoreline.

I thought Glasgow were poor - stuttering all over the place. Wholesale changes after such a superb win last week maybe not such a great idea...

I think Pyrgos will be shipped on at the end of his contract. He just doesn't fit into this style of play - the Horne sub changed the game. One moment summed it up for me. Pyrgos was fumbling with the ball at the back of a 5m scrum. This meant by the time he got the ball securely the backs had taken their positions, started their runs and already been lined up by the Cardiff defenders. Now if that were Price or Horne they'd have kept the defence honest - knowing full well they'd already anticipated exactly what move they were planning. Pyrgos? He just shoveled it on. His first instincts are just all wrong for this game.

I think George Horne will usurp him sooner rather than later. For both club & country.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him resign. He seems well respected by team mates and coaches and will sit as 3rd choice.

I fear the temptation if he leaves would be to ship him to Edinburgh which would be a mistake.
hugh_woatmeigh

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

Big D wrote:
hugh_woatmeigh wrote:Not a red. Owens got that one wrong - yellow would have been fine.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him resign. He seems well respected by team mates and coaches and will sit as 3rd choice.

I fear the temptation if he leaves would be to ship him to Edinburgh which would be a mistake.

Why would it be a mistake? He fits into their style of play far better.
Big D

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Glasgow Carpet Burns and Cary Grant Appreciation Thread

Post by Big D »

hugh_woatmeigh wrote:
Big D wrote:

Why would it be a mistake? He fits into their style of play far better.
I don't really rate him. He might be better than the ones already contracted for next year but that's not a high bar and not neccesarily deserving of a contract.

He's had access to the best coaching and best team for the last few years and is no better now than he was 3 years ago. The time is right to cut him loose and let him go play elsewhere.
hugh_woatmeigh

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

Jackson
Sarto
Jones
Johnson
Seymour
Russell
Price

Bhatti
Turner
Fagerson
Cummings
Gray
Wilson
Gibbins
Vunisa

Malcolm
Allan
Halanukonuka
McDonald
Fusaro
Horne
Horne
Matawalu

Strongest team available, all things considered. Weeg could do with a short term loan deal for a loosie though.

Pyrgos officially third choice based on that.
hugh_woatmeigh

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

And potentially a hooker depending on how long McArthur and Brown are out.
Cameo

Post by Cameo »

Did dunbar get injured again too?
General Zod

Post by General Zod »

Dunno, but I have another question - when’s Oli Kebble back?
hugh_woatmeigh

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

Cameo wrote:Did dunbar get injured again too?
Doesn't look like it no. May well just be the fact that Johnson is excellent and Dunbar could do with sitting it out. Maybe Rennie doesn't think he loses much with the switch.
Donny osmond

Post by Donny osmond »

By Christ its cold in Scotstoun right now. Good luck anyone going to the game, feckin brass monkeys tonight

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
It was so much easier to blame Them. It was bleakly depressing to think They were Us. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
Tobylerone

Post by Tobylerone »

Donny osmond wrote:By Christ its cold in Scotstoun right now. Good luck anyone going to the game, feckin brass monkeys tonight

The French will love that.. Though not sure how many actual Frenchmen are in in Cotter`s squad..??
Adder

Post by Adder »

Gibbins out. Matt Smith covers + Fusaro on the bench

Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Tobylerone wrote:
Donny osmond wrote:By Christ its cold in Scotstoun right now. Good luck anyone going to the game, feckin brass monkeys tonight

The French will love that.. Though not sure how many actual Frenchmen are in in Cotter`s squad..??
Doesn't look like many at all.

This could very much be a preview of the discussion on here how some of these players fare against a real monster team.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Johnson off after 5 minutes for some reason.
General Zod

Post by General Zod »

Mikey Brown wrote:
This could very much be a preview of the discussion on here how some of these players fare against a real monster team.
Yup. A monster team that like to chuck it about a wee bit.

Would laugh if Glasgow win and Toony mutters something about Glasgow’s darts sticking in the dartboard.

Anyway, good try Sarto!
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Russell you tart.