EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Moderator: Puja

TheDasher

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Post by TheDasher »

I'd still play him there over Lawes without question.
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

Fairly sure he was packing down in the scrum anyway, with Isiekwe on the flank.
TheDasher

Post by TheDasher »

Don't know too much about Isiekwe yet - is he more of a six than Itoje do we think?

Am I right in thinking that Isiekwe is a giant? Does he have the mobility for 6?
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

TheDasher wrote:Don't know too much about Isiekwe yet - is he more of a six than Itoje do we think?

Am I right in thinking that Isiekwe is a giant? Does he have the mobility for 6?
He is rapid.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

TheDasher wrote:I'd still play him there over Lawes without question.
wrong question tho. Neither should be there.

On Isiekwe....is he really 6ft 7in??
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Banquo wrote:

I think so. He’s definitely taller than Itoje and Kruis, you can see when he packs down next to them in the scrum. He really is a freak, just 19!! I actually feel like he’s slipped a bit under the radar of the wider rugby public for some reason. He had another good game at the weekend.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Timbo wrote:
Banquo wrote:

I think so. He’s definitely taller than Itoje and Kruis, you can see when he packs down next to them in the scrum. He really is a freak, just 19!! I actually feel like he’s slipped a bit under the radar of the wider rugby public for some reason. He had another good game at the weekend.
I get what you mean, he's a top player for any age, let alone 19!
Digby

Post by Digby »

Banquo wrote:
Timbo wrote:
Banquo wrote: wrong question tho. Neither should be there.

Just haven't noted he's all that quick yet. I'm not saying he isn't merely I've not seen it, and what for instance linebreaks spring to mind for Sarries didn't have him flying up he pitch like Croft to get in a position to support, but maybe being so young and with so much fitness work ahead he's managing his output sensibly
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Digby wrote:
Banquo wrote:
Timbo wrote:
Just haven't noted he's all that quick yet. I'm not saying he isn't merely I've not seen it, and what for instance linebreaks spring to mind for Sarries didn't have him flying up he pitch like Croft to get in a position to support, but maybe being so young and with so much fitness work ahead he's managing his output sensibly
I wouldn't have remarked on his pace either, but maybe as Timbo has said he's flying under the radar a tad
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Banquo wrote:
Digby wrote:
Banquo wrote: I get what you mean, he's a top player for any age, let alone 19!
I wouldn't have remarked on his pace either, but maybe as Timbo has said he's flying under the radar a tad
He is quick. In a televised match before Xmas he corner flagged and he was rapid.
Digby

Post by Digby »

Banquo wrote:
Digby wrote:
Banquo wrote: I get what you mean, he's a top player for any age, let alone 19!
Timbo certainly thinks him quick, akin to Fifita once he's up to pace (albeit not the same acceleration) so there's a chance he is somewhat rapid. Then again the English Rowan thinks him quick too, so maybe not
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Mellsblue wrote:
Banquo wrote:
Digby wrote:
He is quick. In a televised match before Xmas he corner flagged and he was rapid.
I saw that match too.
Digby

Post by Digby »

Mellsblue wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:
Banquo wrote: I wouldn't have remarked on his pace either, but maybe as Timbo has said he's flying under the radar a tad
I saw that match too.
Well played sir.

You wouldn't happen to know the match and approx time on the clock would you?
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Digby wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:
Mellsblue wrote: He is quick. In a televised match before Xmas he corner flagged and he was rapid.
I saw that match too.
Well played sir.

less than 4 seconds or I call BS
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Digby wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:
Mellsblue wrote: He is quick. In a televised match before Xmas he corner flagged and he was rapid.
I saw that match too.
Well played sir.

Nope, sorry.
Digby

Post by Digby »

Mellsblue wrote:
Digby wrote:
Mellsblue wrote: I saw that match too.
Well played sir.

Nope, sorry.
Now there's a shame, I've not really seen a big lock forward corner flag at pace since maybe watching Botha play (Bakkies not Mouritz)
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

I read that sarries are bulking him up as well. They definitely see him as a lock long term I think.
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

Just watching Sarries Vs Saints.
My Gods, I mean, I knew Harry was a coward, but he's taking it to new levels here.

Leaving Saints 3&6 to defend 5 Sarries close to the ruck whilst he hides behind the post (Mako scores: 13m 55s)
In the lead to Saint's 2nd try he literally steps back away from the pass to himself to avoid being hit (16m 33s)

I may have missed some too, as I'm watching half an eye whilst doing other stuff

ETA: I'm watching for him now, and adding the times above.
27m 14s, he actually "tries" to tackle Barritt, but terrible body position means he gives up about 3m (it's only that little as Pisi makes his tackles for him) - Ford gets criticised for this sort of thing, Harry's got 6 inches and 3 stone less of excuse.
33m 34s this one might be harsh, but he looks pretty good for a charge down, but sits down on his heels with his arms in the air as a pretence.
34m 31s - doesn't want to be tackled by Farrell, so just gives him the ball instead.
Last edited by Which Tyler on Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Henry Slade not on the plane to Portugal with the rest of the squad. Having his shoulder further assessed. Would be surprised if he’s involved against Italy.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Who do we reckon would win in a fight between barrier and possible?
TheDasher

Post by TheDasher »

Banquo wrote:

It's not the question I'd ask, but the Lawes at 6 rumours won't go away and my point is if Eddie insists at playing a lock there, I'd put Maro there not Courtney. Again, I would pick either there.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

TheDasher wrote:
Banquo wrote:

It's not the question I'd ask, but the Lawes at 6 rumours won't go away and my point is if Eddie insists at playing a lock there, I'd put Maro there not Courtney. Again, I would pick either there.
I assume not has been missed out of that sentence?
Dasheragain

Post by Dasheragain »

Haha, yes - will edit before I'm judged too harshly. Though I suspect after years of praising Tom Wood, it's probably too late.
francoisfou

Post by francoisfou »

Tom who?
What type of player is Eddie looking for at 6? A grafter of an old fashioned blindside wing forward (Robshaw?) or one to secure back of the line-out ball and to be quick around the field (à la Tom Croft) or a 4/5/6 mélange who is neither here nor there.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

francoisfou wrote:Tom who?
Tom Wood. Don’t worry if you can’t temember. It’s common for the brain to lock away traumatic experiences from your past.