EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Moderator: Puja

Mellsblue

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Post by Mellsblue »

Is Jack Clifford’s return imminent? There is an article on the BBC featuring Care and Monye and they are talking about Clifford as a viable option to play at 8.
p/d

Post by p/d »

Kvesic at 8. Been a bloody long time coming
oldbackrow

Post by oldbackrow »

Has Josh Beaumont lost all credibility since injury?
Scrumhead

Post by Scrumhead »

Beaumont has been no better than OK since he came back from injury. He’s also tends to play more as a lock these days. I’d be surprised if he was in the conversation.
Beasties

Post by Beasties »

Mikey Brown wrote:While I'm here, anyone finding the recent Cipriani jizzfest extra annoying? Is it just because Healey is now involved?

http://sport.bt.com/cipriani-miracle-pa ... 4302876645

I mean I'd call that a good solid decision/pass, but miracle?
Lol, I watched the start of that clip and presumed they were jizzing over a pass later in the clip of a different play. It never came. I like Healey but he can be as excruciating as Ugo sometimes but in a different way.
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

p/d wrote:Kvesic at 8. Been a bloody long time coming
A bit like your latest post, you mean? :D
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

oldbackrow wrote:Has Josh Beaumont lost all credibility since injury?
I think if he didn't have that surname he probably would never have been mentioned in the first place.
p/d

Post by p/d »

Oakboy wrote:
Aye Dors. I have been keeping an eye on the discussions but due to my dislike of Jones and want to appear in a Trivago advert (Mell's would appreciate that) I didn't feel the need to add to an 'AI squad' thread. That said was tempted on the Marler situation, but felt my view might be deemed somewhat shallow and without understanding :D

Anyhoo, you still banging the Manu for 12 drum?
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

p/d wrote:
Oakboy wrote:
Aye Dors. I have been keeping an eye on the discussions but due to my dislike of Jones and want to appear in a Trivago advert (Mell's would appreciate that) I didn't feel the need to add to an 'AI squad' thread. That said was tempted on the Marler situation, but felt my view might be deemed somewhat shallow and without understanding :D

Anyhoo, you still banging the Manu for 12 drum?
I certainly share your admiration for Gabrielle - smart Aussie girl!

As for Tuilagi, I'd never risk him beyond a bench spot now and I'm more or less of the same opinion with Billy V. We simply have to build a flexible unit without such injury-prone players unfortunately.

I see your mate Lozowski has been naughty!
Tigersman

Post by Tigersman »

Scotland call up Sam Skinner.

Now that is a big loss IMO, he has huge potential.
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Oh do fuck off.
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

Tigersman wrote:Scotland call up Sam Skinner.

Perhaps, but assuming I'm looking up the right Sam Skinner, he's roughly the same age as Maro and Hill, and older than Isiekwe and Ewels. OK, he's younger than Launch, but only by a few years.

He might have huge potential, but he really doesn't seem to be getting close to it, anywhere near as quickly as most of our other locks have.
Tigersman

Post by Tigersman »

He pretty much the same age as Ewels and IMO he is better than Ewels, also prefer him to Hill.
fivepointer

Post by fivepointer »

That really is not good news. I rate Skinner. He only broke through last season and has looked a quality player. Its irritating to lose a player who has lived and played all his rugby in England and been part of our U20's.
Digby

Post by Digby »

Given the number of non English players we pick we're in such a big brittle glass house we couldn't possibly throw stones
Tigersman

Post by Tigersman »

Digby wrote:Given the number of non English players we pick we're in such a big brittle glass house we couldn't possibly throw stones
How many of the non English players we pick played for another country age grade team though?
Shields?

Bright side to this is maybe he might go to Glasgow.....
TheDasher

Post by TheDasher »

I'd go Armand, Kvesic, Morgan, 6, 7, 8 - Curry on the bench.

Obviously won't happen with our stubborn little manager but I think that'd be fairly formidable.

I'm ok with the injuries creating opportunity for people. I like Hepburn for instance, I'd like Attwood or Slater to have another go, I'd love to see Tommy Taylor in there.

My greatest wish is that we can build a dominant pack asap, something EJ has totally failed with.

Outside of that, I'm depressed with 10 Ford, 12 Farrell and I don't like Slade as an intl 13. We have enough exciting back three players to be ok there.

Gutted that Robson is out.
Scrumhead

Post by Scrumhead »

fivepointer wrote:That really is not good news. I rate Skinner. He only broke through last season and has looked a quality player. Its irritating to lose a player who has lived and played all his rugby in England and been part of our U20's.
Indeed - I don’t care about Holmes but I think Skinner is a loss. I understand we we haven’t capped him yet, but I think he was on track to be included post World Cup.
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Tigersman wrote:
Digby wrote:Given the number of non English players we pick we're in such a big brittle glass house we couldn't possibly throw stones
How many of the non English players we pick played for another country age grade team though?
Shields?

Why is that a bright side?
Digby

Post by Digby »

Tigersman wrote:
Shields?

For me picking someone at senior level considered to be test standard is a bigger thing than whether someone played age grade
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

I can just about live with Addison, Haley and Skinner...while I could definitely have seen all 3 getting England caps at some point, pretty unlikely any of them would ever be a genuine first choice.

But Johnny Williams is one I’m a bit worried about. Really hope to see him in the England squad tomorrow. Has the sort of talent and all court game to nail down the 12 shirt in years to come. Encouraging that he’s not in the Wales or Scotland squad.
fivepointer

Post by fivepointer »

Rules are rules and we've profited from them - hell, it looks like we're going to cap Michael Rhodes, so its swings and roundabouts.
It is just disappointing to lose out on a talented player who is only likely to get better and who is a product of the English game.
Fingers crossed on Williams.
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

Agree with Williams.
Stom

Post by Stom »

fivepointer wrote:Rules are rules and we've profited from them - hell, it looks like we're going to cap Michael Rhodes, so its swings and roundabouts.
It is just disappointing to lose out on a talented player who is only likely to get better and who is a product of the English game.
Fingers crossed on Williams.
Rhodes is different, though. He's only qualified on residency and he's not demonstrably better than our other options. I will be very unhappy at his selection.
p/d

Post by p/d »

Tigersman wrote:Scotland call up Sam Skinner.

Damn it!! Like you I see that as a big loss. He looks a cracker of a player who would relish the step up to international rugby.

Unlike most - especially Jones - I don't get the Ewels expectations .............. mind you feel the same way about Mercer