Moderator: OptimisticJock

OptimisticJock

Re: The Glasgow Beach Rugby Thread

Post by OptimisticJock »

That pick up :lol:
hugh_woatmeigh

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

Great news for Glasgow ARM. Wonder if they're aware?

Sean Lamont showed some serious pace (all things relative...) to chase that down. Great stuff.
hugh_woatmeigh

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

Ali Price has really sped things up since coming on.
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

He's got some pace
hugh_woatmeigh

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

Glasgow should break 70 points at this rate. Naka has been spectacular.

Ali Price shows us what he's got, superb wee break down the blindside just outside his 22, breaks a tackle and is under the posts in no time at all. He is pretty rapid.
hugh_woatmeigh

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

A big difference between the mentality of Scotland v Glasgow... There was a blatantly high tackle on Dunbar just now. Ref correctly played advantage but the runners were ready, Price got the ball out as quick as anything and they all but scored due to an unlucky knock on on the line. If that were Scotland & Laidlaw you know the ball would be dead with him screaming at the ref.
hugh_woatmeigh

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

I'm speechless. They're just showing off now! Bennett is under the posts but waits for wee fat dunc to catch up, pops the ball to him so he can have the try haha.
hp18

Post by hp18 »

hugh_woatmeigh wrote:Great news for Glasgow ARM. Wonder if they're aware?

Sean Lamont showed some serious pace (all things relative...) to chase that down. Great stuff.
Makes no difference to Glasgow.
The Coo is dead. Long live The Coo.
hp18

Post by hp18 »

hugh_woatmeigh wrote:For someone that size Mr T can't tackle to save his life. Poor try to give away.
Technique is mince but his positioning is way off tonight. I think much like Paterson/Visser, he benefits from having Hogg at the back telling him where to be and when.

Player(s) for me tonight would be Jerry and Rae. Jerry for his phenomenal loose work and Rae for looking more and more like a good TH with every passing game.
hugh_woatmeigh

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

hp18 wrote:

Maybe not mathematically but knowing you've just gone top of the league & one of your main play-off rivals has dropped points is a mental boost, surely?

Congrats on the win, that was some performance.
hp18

Post by hp18 »

hugh_woatmeigh wrote:
hp18 wrote:

Maybe not mathematically but knowing you've just gone top of the league & one of your main play-off rivals has dropped points is a mental boost, surely?

Congrats on the win, that was some performance.
Six and half a dozen. Still need the win next week, and regardless of anything else Connacht will be massively up for it next week. The only thing that I imagine would affect Glasgows state of mind is what's within their sphere of influence, IE winning tonight.
BigAl

Post by BigAl »

I presume that Connaught also rang the changes last night and saved some of their1st choice XV for next week. It's like a knock out round a week early. Marvelous stuff, providing we don't lose....
hp18

Post by hp18 »

BigAl wrote:I presume that Connaught also rang the changes last night and saved some of their1st choice XV for next week. It's like a knock out round a week early. Marvelous stuff, providing we don't lose....
10 changes. Though I'm fairly sure at least 3/4 were forced by injury.
hugh_woatmeigh

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

Do you lot think any of the 'fringe' players pushed their way into the starting 15 or bench for the crunch games after last night? What a great headache that must be to have as a head coach.

I think Rae, Peterson and Price put in serious claims for the bench spots.
hugh_woatmeigh

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

Odds on for a Weeg Ulster semi again... Tough team to beat.

The permutations a home semi against connacht are pretty slim now and that would be the most favourable one.
Cameo

Post by Cameo »

hugh_woatmeigh wrote:Odds on for a Weeg Ulster semi again... Tough team to beat.

The permutations a home semi against connacht are pretty slim now and that would be the most favourable one.
Although home semi v Scarlets now possible
Big D

Post by Big D »

Enjoyable night on Friday, especially for a freebie.

My thoughts on the game in no particular order:
Jerry was great.
Peterson should be 3rd choice second row.
Bryce has some wheels on him.
TN can't tackle for toffee.
The tackling for Zebres two tries was awful.
Glasgow played some lovely stuff.
Rae looked decent.
As good as Nakarawa was most of the "attempts" to tackle him were utterly pathetic.
Weirs goal kicking was very good. Something both Scottish sides have on occasion struggled with.

Zebre were a shambles from start to finish. I watched a bit of their warm up and it was regional league level. No real structure, no real intensity and dare I say it no real clue. I have never really be a full member of the kick the Italians out the pro 12 bandwagon but I am edging closer.
Big D

Post by Big D »

Gavin Mortimer reporting on twitter that Api Ratuniyarawa (2nd row) on his way.
ARM

Post by ARM »

Had never heard of him but looks like he has been playing for Agen in T14, has 18 caps for Fiji, 29 yo, and will of course be available during Test Windows.

Could be another decent bit of business.
hp18

Post by hp18 »

ARM wrote:Had never heard of him but looks like he has been playing for Agen in T14, has 18 caps for Fiji, 29 yo, and will of course be available during Test Windows.

Six nations yes, AIs no.
Big D

Post by Big D »

ARM wrote:Had never heard of him but looks like he has been playing for Agen in T14, has 18 caps for Fiji, 29 yo, and will of course be available during Test Windows.

Could be, that would be Gray, Peterson, Swinson, the two young uns and yon Fijian. I think that would do for next year.
Cameo

Post by Cameo »

They decided which games will be shown where yet?
hugh_woatmeigh

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

Big D wrote:

Could be, that would be Gray, Peterson, Swinson, the two young uns and yon Fijian. I think that would do for next year.
Nope. Eddie has retired and Kieran Low probably disappeared.

Consider that Gray, Peterson, Swinson, Api whatshisname and potentially Harley could all be away in the AIs that leaves Glasgow very short.
Big D

Re: RE: Re: The Glasgow Beach Rugby Thread

Post by Big D »

hugh_woatmeigh wrote:
Big D wrote:

Nope. Eddie has retired and Kieran Low probably disappeared.

Consider that Gray, Peterson, Swinson, Api whatshisname and potentially Harley could all be away in the AIs that leaves Glasgow very short.
There's only ever 1 or 2 games in that 3 week period.

Harley won't be with Scotland except in a crisis.

At the time on writing USA and Fiji have 1 game each on different weekends from the info I could see.

Glasgow also have the 3 young 2nd rows. With Davidson, Cummings and Hunter Hill all signed or attached to the club. I had forgotten about CHH
Tobylerone

Post by Tobylerone »

I`ve not been able to find any evidence of televisual coverage of Saturday`s game..

Please tell me that I`ve missed something really obvious..
(won`t be surprised..)