Transfer news, rumours, suggestions, frenzied speculation, and outright lies - Season 2023-24

Moderator: Puja

Mikey Brown

Re: Transfer news, rumours, suggestions, frenzied speculation, and outright lies - Season 2023-24

Post by Mikey Brown »

Mellsblue wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:18 am Also, proof that Marchant moved because of Edward Jones?
Yeah. Shame for Quins Eddie didn't piss off sooner.

With Joseph, Northmore (though he's hardly ever fit) and Beard we're not going to struggle that much at 13 I don't think but it's still going to be weird as shit seeing him in a Saracens shirt. Johnstone and Strettle were bad, but losing Tizard and Marchant to those bastards really hurts.

Lozowski back to 10 (where I think he played for Montpellier with a fair bit of success?) makes sense for them.
FKAS

Re: Transfer news, rumours, suggestions, frenzied speculation, and outright lies - Season 2023-24

Post by FKAS »

Margin_Walker wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:57 am Marchant has signed for Sarries next season according to the Mail
I saw the rumour suggesting Marchant and Lynagh but hadn't really believed it.

Sarries will have some cash to spend with Farrell off the books and the cap increasing.
Margin_Walker

Post by Margin_Walker »

Mikey Brown wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:54 am
Mellsblue wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:18 am Also, proof that Marchant moved because of Edward Jones?

With Joseph, Northmore (though he's hardly ever fit) and Beard we're not going to struggle that much at 13 I don't think but it's still going to be weird as shit seeing him in a Saracens shirt. Johnstone and Strettle were bad, but losing Tizard and Marchant to those bastards really hurts.

Lozowski back to 10 (where I think he played for Montpellier with a fair bit of success?) makes sense for them.

I'd say that would more likely a plan b. Mcall's not really been inclined to give him any gametime there since he came back. With Farrell and Manu V (by all accounts) leaving, you'd think they would bring in a front line 10
Puja

Post by Puja »

Itoje officially commits "long term" to Saracens. Good result for England.

Puja
Backist Monk
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Margin_Walker wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:07 am
Mikey Brown wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:54 am

I'd say that would more likely a plan b. Mcall's not really been inclined to give him any gametime there since he came back. With Farrell and Manu V (by all accounts) leaving, you'd think they would bring in a front line 10
If Manu V is off as well then they'll be needing two flyhalfs minimum.
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

I can see Sarries signing the young Newcastle 10 and going with him, Loz and Goode as the three 10’s for next season. Then Goode will probably finish up and they can assess the situation for 25/26 season.

Even with cash to spend I’m just not sure there are any obvious options out there for them. Unless they are willing to buy out someone’s contract.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Poor Newcastle. Getting absolutely rinsed for their golden generation of young stars, and left with the likes of Sebastian De Chavez signing on for another contract.

Dibs on Pepper, btw.

Puja
Backist Monk
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Timbo wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:57 am I can see Sarries signing the young Newcastle 10 and going with him, Loz and Goode as the three 10’s for next season. Then Goode will probably finish up and they can assess the situation for 25/26 season.

Even with cash to spend I’m just not sure there are any obvious options out there for them. Unless they are willing to buy out someone’s contract.
Garbisi was linked but apparently he's Toulon bound as Bigger is having to retire.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Ewels signs back up with Bath after having been linked with Sale for half the season.

Puja
Backist Monk
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

He must have brought nice biscuits to the hearing.

His agent must have been trying to get a better deal etc. etc.
fivepointer

Post by fivepointer »

Will Rigg signs for Exeter from Coventry with immediate effect. Hard running centre, pretty highly rated i think.
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

fivepointer wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:19 pm Will Rigg signs for Exeter from Coventry with immediate effect. Hard running centre, pretty highly rated i think.
Presumably a Tom Hendrickson replacement. Another ex-Cardiff Met player in the Prem.
Margin_Walker

Post by Margin_Walker »

I see Michael Dykes has turned up at Ealing. Starts at FB for them at the weekend.

No announcement of a loan from either club (or of his signing by Ealing tbf), so not sure what his situation is. Fun player to watch either way if he's fit again.
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

I don't think many of the loans to Championship Clubs are announced. There's been no mention of a loan to Notts for Ilione but he's lining up for them at openside today.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

FKAS wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:41 am I don't think many of the loans to Championship Clubs are announced. There's been no mention of a loan to Notts for Ilione but he's lining up for them at openside today.
a lot aren't truly loans, they are just temporary pigeonholes to get game time. Hobson (quins) has played for us and London Scottish, Garside (Saints) for us and Bedford, Geordi Irvine (saints) mostly for us but now apparently at Bedford rest of season, and both McParlane and Pollcok were meant to come to us but have been turning out for Bedford. We do have Benson on a season long formal loan from Quins. Its ungoverned, and basically the club that can afford it/have existing relations with prem teams, give the prem teams 100k+ a year for access to players who revolve in and out.
Margin_Walker

Post by Margin_Walker »

It was more the way it was worded in the Ealing Team sheet article. Making his debut etc. No mention of not being an Ealing player.

He's likely to have been injured, but Gloucester also haven't really acknowledged the bloke exists since he signed either.

Edit - After a bit of digging, just seen a TRP Journo on Shedweb post in Dec confirming that he'd left Gloucester.
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Margin_Walker wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:28 am It was more the way it was worded in the Ealing Team sheet article. Making his debut etc. No mention of not being an Ealing player.

He's likely to have been injured, but Gloucester also haven't really acknowledged the bloke exists since he signed either.

Edit - After a bit of digging, just seen a TRP Journo on Shedweb post in Dec confirming that he'd left Gloucester.
He's looked pretty electric for LI, young man away from home might not have enjoyed being in Gloucestershire. A move back to the London area might suit him better.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Ludlam finally confirmed as leaving Saints.

Puja
Backist Monk
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

Sam Harris signs a senior contract with Bath - 2 years, and listed solely as a FH.

Lots of questions on what this means for Bailey, who I'm suspecting may have been overtaken by Sam (or possibly out of the team with an injury and radio-silence).
Rumours of Sarries sniffing around Landi have NOT died down today.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Puja wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:16 am Ludlam finally confirmed as leaving Saints.

Puja
It’s a shame with the England 6 berth now being vacant in Lawes’s absence. I feel like Ludlam has had some fantastic games for England but never seemed to nail down the 6 shirt. It feels like it would have been his for the taking if he was staying in England.
16th man

Post by 16th man »

Mikey Brown wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:44 pm
Puja wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:16 am Ludlam finally confirmed as leaving Saints.

Puja
It’s a shame with the England 6 berth now being vacant in Lawes’s absence. I feel like Ludlam has had some fantastic games for England but never seemed to nail down the 6 shirt. It feels like it would have been his for the taking if he was staying in England.
Is there not an argument that the reason he is packing up.and shipping out us the fact that, even though Lawes has packed it in, whatever made Skiddy Britches drop him at the world cup still holds and he can't make the squad , despite dsome decent performances when given the chance.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

16th man wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:55 pm

Puja
Is there not an argument that the reason he is packing up.and shipping out us the fact that, even though Lawes has packed it in, whatever made Skiddy Britches drop him at the world cup still holds and he can't make the squad , despite dsome decent performances when given the chance.
Could very well be. I assumed he wasn't in contention for the 6 nations as we've all known he's heading off. I couldn't honestly remember who was in/out at what points in the World Cup. He did seem like the obvious choice (to me) to get a go at 8 before Earl did. I don't know if there was something more to indicate he just wasn't rated highly enough to be a contender in the long run. Bad trainer I guess!
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

I think Ludlam, like Arundell, stopped being available for England as soon as he committed to playing on France next season and that was done some time back. If he wasn't heading for France he'd have probably been in the squad not sure about the 23.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

16th man wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:55 pm

Puja
Not in squad because he was off- I get that in a rebuild- and leaving Saints for cash and because Pollock and Pearson are favoured as future England guns, I guess.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

FKAS wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:44 pm I think Ludlam, like Arundell, stopped being available for England as soon as he committed to playing on France next season and that was done some time back. If he wasn't heading for France he'd have probably been in the squad not sure about the 23.
yup