EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Moderator: Puja

Epaminondas Pules

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Post by Epaminondas Pules »

Oakboy wrote:I hope that is not as serious for Robson as it sounds. Jones really has backed himself into a corner with his SH policy. Serious injury to Youngs would create quite a crisis at this point.
They’d play Care who only has 85 caps
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

Epaminondas Pules wrote:
Oakboy wrote:I hope that is not as serious for Robson as it sounds. Jones really has backed himself into a corner with his SH policy. Serious injury to Youngs would create quite a crisis at this point.
Presumably, but he's currently not good enough to get into the squad. That's hardly going to frighten the opposition.
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

Oakboy wrote:
Epaminondas Pules wrote:
Presumably, but he's currently not good enough to get into the squad. That's hardly going to frighten the opposition.
I keep seeing that. I'm pretty sure he's out through injury though - not that I'd complain if he's now 5th choice at best
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Which Tyler wrote:
Oakboy wrote:
Epaminondas Pules wrote:
I keep seeing that. I'm pretty sure he's out through injury though - not that I'd complain if he's now 5th choice at best
He is out injured now but the injury only occurred a couple of weeks ago. He hasn’t been in a squad since Japan.
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

Mellsblue wrote:
Which Tyler wrote:
Oakboy wrote:
He is out injured now but the injury only occurred a couple of weeks ago. He hasn’t been in a squad since Japan.
Fair enough, for some reason I thought he'd been out all 6N
Stom

Post by Stom »

Which Tyler wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:
Which Tyler wrote: I keep seeing that. I'm pretty sure he's out through injury though - not that I'd complain if he's now 5th choice at best
Fair enough, for some reason I thought he'd been out all 6N
Nah, injured for Quins while England played. We lost him one week then Mulchrone 2 weeks later, leading to Lewis and therefore loss against Glos.

I can't wait to be rid of Lewis.
Digby

Post by Digby »

No idea which club he has in mind but Nigel Melville says if a mystery club in the Midlands who play in an interesting mix of green, red and white were to relegate England could still pick their players even if they were appearing in the Championship.
Tigersman

Post by Tigersman »

"Rumours" that Ben Youngs is out for the season.
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

Tigersman wrote:"Rumours" that Ben Youngs is out for the season.

Including WC?
Gloskarlos

Post by Gloskarlos »

That would be egg all over Eddie’s face if true.
Scrumhead

Post by Scrumhead »

Indeed ... Given our recent focus on kicking, I wouldn’t be entirely surprised to see Wigglesworth get the nod.

Spencer looked OK when he came on against Scotland but he lacks experience and it would be a big leap from the fringes to the starting role for England.

I’m not totally sure whether Care is out of favour or whether Eddie belatedly fancied giving Robson a shot (albeit a very limited one).

Either way, I still see him as the guy to bring something different from the bench, not a preferred starting option.
Beasties

Post by Beasties »

I doubt Care's completely out of Eddie's thinking. Prob him playing mind games again these last few months. I could see Wiggy starting and Care on the bench if Youngs is indeed injured. Poor Dan Robson will be cursing his luck even more now, although it was far from a given that Eddie was seriously looking at him anyway.
Last edited by Beasties on Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

At this stage missing the rest of this season requires an injury of about 6 weeks, unless you make the playoffs (which Leicester aren’t doing). To miss the World Cup would require an injury of about 5 months. Unless Ben Youngs’ shoulder has literally exploded I doubt his World Cup is in danger.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Timbo wrote:At this stage missing the rest of this season requires an injury of about 6 weeks, unless you make the playoffs (which Leicester aren’t doing). To miss the World Cup would require an injury of about 5 months. Unless Ben Youngs’ shoulder has literally exploded I doubt his World Cup is in danger.
or its a rotator cuff injury ....
Digby

Post by Digby »

Rumour has it he was dared to make an accurate pass from the base in training and sadly his body just wasn't used to the action
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Banquo wrote:
Timbo wrote:At this stage missing the rest of this season requires an injury of about 6 weeks, unless you make the playoffs (which Leicester aren’t doing). To miss the World Cup would require an injury of about 5 months. Unless Ben Youngs’ shoulder has literally exploded I doubt his World Cup is in danger.
Even if it was a bad rotator cuff injury it would be incredibly premature to be talking about the World Cup.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Timbo wrote:
Banquo wrote:
Even if it was a bad rotator cuff injury it would be incredibly premature to be talking about the World Cup.
it is pointless speculation until you know, but was pointing out that 'literally exploded' :lol: :lol: wouldn't be the only shoulder injury that would endanger a world cup. Rotator Cuffs can take you out for a long while, I should know.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

I wonder if it had been Youngs that got injured in the 6 nations rather than Robson if it would have been Wigglesworth that got called up anyway? Or was he injured?
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Mikey Brown wrote:I wonder if it had been Youngs that got injured in the 6 nations rather than Robson if it would have been Wigglesworth that got called up anyway? Or was he injured?
Injured, I think. Assuming I’ve read between the lines correctly, I’d agree with you that he sees the Wiggler as his back up, starting 9.
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Ben Youngs confirmed out for the rest of this season after a shoulder op.
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Timbo wrote:Ben Youngs confirmed out for the rest of this season after a shoulder op.
Out for 3 months apparently.
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport ... s-16114336

Wasps trio of Dan Robson, Jack Willis and Thomas Young ruled out for rest of season
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

No relevance but who cares:

Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Imagine if we had fully invested in our most skilful available fly-halves over the last few years.

I'm not convinced Burns had it all, but he's got some class.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Mikey Brown wrote:Imagine if we had fully invested in our most skilful available fly-halves over the last few years.

I'm not convinced Burns had it all, but he's got some class.
I agree, something awry with what's happened to Freddie- probably of his own making, but the best 10 performance in an England shirt I've seen in years was rewarded by being dropped.