EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Moderator: Puja

Mikey Brown

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Post by Mikey Brown »

The stat about his minutes for England is ridiculous.
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Mikey Brown wrote:The stat about his minutes for England is ridiculous.
Not sure why anyone is surprised though. Its obvious that his work rate is exceptional, and when you add in his lineout and restart work, and presumably his scrummaging.....and you have a world class lock, despite what some seem to think of his contribution.
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

Banquo wrote:
Not sure why anyone is surprised though. Its obvious that his work rate is exceptional, and when you add in his lineout and restart work, and presumably his scrummaging.....and you have a world class lock, despite what some seem to think of his contribution.
His workrate is truly insane. The only player that really impresses me more for workrate, is Sinkler, with Mako perhaps coming a close 3rd.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Banquo wrote:
Does anybody actually doubt his overall quality or do they just find his yapping and persistent offsides quite irritating?
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Mikey Brown wrote:
Banquo wrote:
Does anybody actually doubt his overall quality or do they just find his yapping and persistent offsides quite irritating?
I've seen both, often in combo. Plus the obvious of switching him to 8.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Mikey Brown wrote:
Banquo wrote:
Is it just me, or has the yapping been significantly toned down of late? I've not seen anywhere near as much of it.

Puja
Backist Monk
Digby

Post by Digby »

Puja wrote:
Mikey Brown wrote:
Banquo wrote: Not sure why anyone is surprised though. Its obvious that his work rate is exceptional, and when you add in his lineout and restart work, and presumably his scrummaging.....and you have a world class lock, despite what some seem to think of his contribution.
Is it just me, or has the yapping been significantly toned down of late? I've not seen anywhere near as much of it.

Puja
So he's putting more focus on being offside?
Danno

Post by Danno »

Puja wrote:
Mikey Brown wrote:
Banquo wrote: Not sure why anyone is surprised though. Its obvious that his work rate is exceptional, and when you add in his lineout and restart work, and presumably his scrummaging.....and you have a world class lock, despite what some seem to think of his contribution.

Puja
Not just you, he has simmered down a lot. He seems to have been tasked with keeping an eye on Sinkler's mood which might be helping.
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Seems like George Kruis is definitely off to Japan to play club rugby. No word on how long for.

Bit of a weird one as he’s only 30 and still heavily involved with England, with the Lions on the horizon. Suppose if he goes for 1 season he could come back and have a few more years in an England shirt.

He will be missed.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Timbo wrote:Seems like George Kruis is definitely off to Japan to play club rugby. No word on how long for.

Bit of a weird one as he’s only 30 and still heavily involved with England, with the Lions on the horizon. Suppose if he goes for 1 season he could come back and have a few more years in an England shirt.

He will be missed.
Agreed, another whose work rate and set piece technical skills are under estimated.
Digby

Post by Digby »

The team does seem better with Kruis even if a couple of players might be individually more talented. Possibly our best player at ruck clearing in addition to his other strengths, and it's always good to have a kicking option at lock, Eales proved that
Digby

Post by Digby »

England Vs Italy is down to a behind closed doors status, which means we're just waiting on an announcement it's being delayed
Danno

Post by Danno »

Digby

Post by Digby »

You almost wonder why they even made an announcement on a closed door game, nobody would accept such a hit if there was an alternative
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

The trouble with postponement - this thing isn't going blow over in time to ever play the match; it's going to end up cancelled - at least playing behind closed doors means that it would actually get a result
Stom

Post by Stom »

Which Tyler wrote:The trouble with postponement - this thing isn't going blow over in time to ever play the match; it's going to end up cancelled - at least playing behind closed doors means that it would actually get a result
How do you know that?

It could be over (epidemic-wise, not gone) by the start of summer...Do we know more yet?
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

Sorry - everything I say is "IMO" unless backed up with references - I thought we all knew that that's how this board works
Stom

Post by Stom »

Which Tyler wrote:Sorry - everything I say is "IMO" unless backed up with references - I thought we all knew that that's how this board works
lol.

I know this isn't the place, but I'm concerned about potential racism based on this virus. First 2 cases in Hungary. Iranian students...Govt. hasn't made its "dirty muslims" move yet, but it's only time.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/51752302

Did anybody see this incident?

I don't expect he would have got any further 6 nations gametime anyway.
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

Mikey Brown wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/51752302

Did anybody see this incident?

I don't expect he would have got any further 6 nations gametime anyway.
At the time I thought marginal interpretation slants could have given any of the three decisions: penalty only, yellow card, red card. It was high but not intentionally so. The ref/TMO did not reach an instant definite decision which bodes badly. The final request for a real time final view had to be repeated, another bad sign. I thought the 'middle' decision was corrrect because there was so much doubt.
Bonzo

Post by Bonzo »

Devoto hit Smith as part of a two-man tackle. Looked like a swinging arm to the jaw. Smith was dropping but the "picture" wasn't great. I was slightly surprised the ref didn't go for the red card in the current climate but thought fair enough. Not deliberate by Devoto, I would say, but a bit reckless.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Stom wrote:
Which Tyler wrote:Sorry - everything I say is "IMO" unless backed up with references - I thought we all knew that that's how this board works
lol.

I know this isn't the place, but I'm concerned about potential racism based on this virus. First 2 cases in Hungary. Iranian students...Govt. hasn't made its "dirty muslims" move yet, but it's only time.
The unofficial NHS view is three months to peak.
Digby

Post by Digby »

Stom wrote:
lol.

When it comes to something like this there's surely a decent chance Muslims are safer than most folks given the ablutions before prayer? Whereas the oft repeated line around the variety of urines found on peanuts left out in a bowl in a pub suggests the drinkers out there lack for cleanliness
Puja

Post by Puja »

Racism is traditionally noted for being affected by things like facts and logic.

Puja
Backist Monk