EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Moderator: Puja

Mikey Brown

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Post by Mikey Brown »

Not sure if this is really the place for it but I enjoyed this, or at least the big chunk in the middle. He's definitely got an interesting perspective on the different styles and motivations of coaches.

Puja

Post by Puja »

Daly out for most of the rest of the season, not just the 6N. Poor sod - he had played his way right back into contention and now it's hard to see how he'll get back in before the RWC.

Speaking of, anyone heard any news on Arundell's recovery? He seems to've been out an awfully long time for what was initially thought to be something quite small.
ETA. Have found an article saying he's running, but not in full training and implying "He could called back up for the end of the 6N!!!" which is promising, even if the callup is unlikely.

Puja
Backist Monk
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Puja wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:45 pm
Speaking of, anyone heard any news on Arundell's recovery? He seems to've been out an awfully long time for what was initially thought to be something quite small.
ETA. Have found an article saying he's running, but not in full training and implying "He could called back up for the end of the 6N!!!" which is promising, even if the callup is unlikely.

Puja
I believe his recovery was held up by the lack of a mri machine that he could fit his thighs into. They did manage to source the one attached but it lengthened the recovery process
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Margin_Walker

Post by Margin_Walker »

Puja wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:45 pm Daly out for most of the rest of the season, not just the 6N. Poor sod - he had played his way right back into contention and now it's hard to see how he'll get back in before the RWC.

Puja
Re Arundell.

Check the LI team sheet for the Quins game on Sunday
Last edited by Margin_Walker on Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Epaminondas Pules

Post by Epaminondas Pules »

Yep, back and on the bench
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Daly out for 12 weeks, which takes him up to mid April. So still quite a few big games left to push his case. I expect Sarries will be playing in the Prem play offs as a minimum.

I’d be surprised if Daly is not involved in the WC training camp personally.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Timbo wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:50 pm Daly out for 12 weeks, which takes him up to mid April. So still quite a few big games left to push his case. I expect Sarries will be playing in the Prem play offs as a minimum.

The big q is what as..,.if a starter, where. Great 23 tho. Starting on the wing, yes. FB, 13 not so much.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Banquo wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:27 pm
Timbo wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:50 pm Daly out for 12 weeks, which takes him up to mid April. So still quite a few big games left to push his case. I expect Sarries will be playing in the Prem play offs as a minimum.

The big q is what as..,.if a starter, where. Great 23 tho. Starting on the wing, yes. FB, 13 not so much.
If he can get back to his pre-6N form, then he's a phenomenal option on the wing and offers the USP of his long-range kicking. However, if one of Murley or OHC impresses, with Arundell coming back, and the potential for a Watson or May return, it could become very crowded.

Puja
Backist Monk
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

James Ramm seems to be EQ through his dad. :idea: :)
SDHoneymonster

Post by SDHoneymonster »

twitchy wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:20 am James Ramm seems to be EQ through his dad. :idea: :)
Yes, there was some dismay down in Aus at losing him, especially as the Waratahs threw quite a lot of money at him to convince him to stay.
Puja

Post by Puja »

SDHoneymonster wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:33 pm
twitchy wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:20 am James Ramm seems to be EQ through his dad. :idea: :)
Yes, there was some dismay down in Aus at losing him, especially as the Waratahs threw quite a lot of money at him to convince him to stay.
You just know that, had Eddie survived to the 6N, Ramm would've been in the 6N squad because of his "character" while Murley was sent back to Quins with some message about needing to improve his support play.

Puja
Backist Monk
p/d

Post by p/d »

‘I’m really looking forward to playing some footy over there’ Ramm on signing for Saints.

He’s Australian
Puja

Post by Puja »

p/d wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:38 am ‘I’m really looking forward to playing some footy over there’ Ramm on signing for Saints.

He’s Australian
Like I said - instant Eddie pick for England.

Puja
Backist Monk
SDHoneymonster

Post by SDHoneymonster »

Be interesting to see what scope Eddie has to pick players based overseas. I can imagine he would want to pick the strongest squad imaginable with the world cup so close but by all accounts Andy Marinos only wants to make the rules tighter. Given part of Eddie's remit is to save Australian rugby from falling into complete obscurity with the public it would make more sense to loosen them, at least for the upcoming WC. Just imagine it - call ups for Harry Potter, Fergus Lee-Warner and Ramm inbound.
Puja

Post by Puja »

SDHoneymonster wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:46 am Be interesting to see what scope Eddie has to pick players based overseas. I can imagine he would want to pick the strongest squad imaginable with the world cup so close but by all accounts Andy Marinos only wants to make the rules tighter. Given part of Eddie's remit is to save Australian rugby from falling into complete obscurity with the public it would make more sense to loosen them, at least for the upcoming WC. Just imagine it - call ups for Harry Potter, Fergus Lee-Warner and Ramm inbound.
I'd agree with Marinos on this one - they need a functioning domestic competition to keep developing players and to build interest outside of the occasional Wallaby game and the only way they can keep players in Australia is threatening to take internationals away from them. Plus, it's not even like England players in France, where it's as quick to fly from Toulouse as it is from Newcastle - those players would lose half a training week being jetlagged as shit.

Add to that, I don't think Australia are in dire need of wingers and I'm not convinced Ramm or Potter are international quality, and I don't think it's likely to be them.

Mind, I'd find it quite amusing if he spent all his time in England importing players and coaches from the Antipodes and the minute he gets back there, starts trying to import EQP and coaches.

Puja
Backist Monk
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Causation or correlation?!?!
Mr Mwenda

Post by Mr Mwenda »

"this one's going out for everyone who loves benchpress"
16th man

Post by 16th man »

Mellsblue wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:36 am

Lots of post hardcore, post punk and post rock.
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

16th man wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:40 am

Lol, that might wake up the stuffed shirts. I suspect Hask already has his USB stick with a Ibiza Party Mix on it and he'll plug in and press play occasionally shouting encouragement to the crowd as they empty out for refreshments whilst he's dancing around with one arm in the air.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

FKAS wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:38 pm
16th man wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:40 am

Lol, that might wake up the stuffed shirts. I suspect Hask already has his USB stick with a Ibiza Party Mix on it and he'll plug in and press play occasionally shouting encouragement to the crowd as they empty out for refreshments whilst he's dancing around with one arm in the air.
Alienating the public by standing on the pitch waving his arms in the air whilst not understanding the finer points of his craft? Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.
p/d

Post by p/d »

I've have seen half a dozen or so of his sets. Generally tickets turn up in the inbox, paid for by monthly subscription to Metahaskell. A good night of tunes, frosty lagers and gym talk.

I now feel dirty just for writing it......
Last edited by p/d on Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

p/d wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:18 pm I've have seen half a dozen or so of his sets. Generally tickets turn up in the inbox, paid for by monthly subscription to Metahaskell. A good night of tunes, frosty lagers and gym talk.

I know feel dirty just for writing it......
Did you organise to meet Banquo there or did you just know you’d find him at the front of the crowd, centre stage.
p/d

Post by p/d »

Mellsblue wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:28 pm
p/d wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:18 pm I've have seen half a dozen or so of his sets. Generally tickets turn up in the inbox, paid for by monthly subscription to Metahaskell. A good night of tunes, frosty lagers and gym talk.

Did you organise to meet Banquo there or did you just know you’d find him at the front of the crowd, centre stage.
Just followed the waitress carrying a snowball
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

Mellsblue wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:28 pm Did you organise to meet Banquo there or did you just know you’d find him at the front of the crowd, centre stage.
Crowd? :o
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

p/d wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:53 pm
Mellsblue wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:28 pm

Just followed the waitress carrying a snowball
Does sound more like DJ Igby scene