EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Moderator: Puja

fivepointer

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Post by fivepointer »

Thought the England HB's were pretty poor. Cole and Genge very good, which makes Genge's demotion from the EPS for the inferior Catt even more hard to understand.
p/d

Post by p/d »

Genge, Wray, Spencer were far more deserving of motm

Disappointed that neither hooker put in a big game and can only assume Manu is set for another lay off
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

By all accounts Te'o was pretty immense today.

I wonder who will take Manu's place in the training camp (if anyone). You'd expect it to be Marchant...or maybe Roko? And Catt will have to do return to play protocol, but not sure if there are any other props in the EPS?
bitts

Post by bitts »

Could someone explain the difference between the 33 man squad and the 45?

I.e why is Launchberry in the 45. Is it due to injury or is it actually a demotion ?
p/d

Post by p/d »

Roko replaces Tuilagi
Renniks

Post by Renniks »

bitts wrote:Could someone explain the difference between the 33 man squad and the 45?

I.e why is Launchberry in the 45. Is it due to injury or is it actually a demotion ?
Launchbury currently injured… (and potentially out for the start of the 6N)

33 is likely the planned six nations squad - but there's room to change, so these are the ones he wants to take training with that in mind…
Beasties

Post by Beasties »

Timbo wrote:By all accounts Te'o was pretty immense today.

I wonder who will take Manu's place in the training camp (if anyone). You'd expect it to be Marchant...or maybe Roko? And Catt will have to do return to play protocol, but not sure if there are any other props in the EPS?
I've only seen the Worcs game highlights but Te'o was rather good. Ryan Mills caught the eye more though. How many games has he played this year? He seems to have been injured more that Manu.
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

It's england's six nations season again. Kruis/Launch possibly out for the start and now robshaw has a shoulder injury which they aren't sure how serious it is. :|
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

McCall has said that Kruis will be back well before the start of the 6 nations. At the moment seems to be doubts over Robshaw, Launchbury, Tuilagi and Mako in terms of length of time out. Billy I suppose too, who may be back for the final round or two maybe.
TheNomad

Post by TheNomad »

Timbo wrote:McCall has said that Kruis will be back well before the start of the 6 nations. At the moment seems to be doubts over Robshaw, Launchbury, Tuilagi and Mako in terms of length of time out. Billy I suppose too, who may be back for the final round or two maybe.
Some handy players there!
Scrumhead

Post by Scrumhead »

Beasties wrote:
Timbo wrote:By all accounts Te'o was pretty immense today.

I've only seen the Worcs game highlights but Te'o was rather good. Ryan Mills caught the eye more though. How many games has he played this year? He seems to have been injured more that Manu.
I actually really like Ryan Mills as a 12. He's had a few injuries recently but he's also spent a decent amount of time on the bench.

I'm not sure he'll ever be an EPS contender, but he's definitely good enough to be a first XV player somewhere in the AP.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Jones on Hartley:

Jones added: "A prerequisite to get into the England side is to be very fit and not playing games means he needs to undergo an unbelievably stringent fitness programme over the next five or six weeks. He is doing that and is in the best position to continue as captain.

"If Dylan is right to play, he will be captain.

"Everyone makes mistakes. In the last 12 months, he has made one mistake and done a hell of a lot of good things so his batting average is pretty high. If that falls, then we need to look at things.

"We have had a number of chats, not any longer than five minutes, but plenty of information has been exchanged. He understands where he is at and what he needs to do. He will do it."
Puja

Post by Puja »

{modhat} Moved a couple of posts to the transfer rumours thread, as I suspect they were intended to be there. {/modhat}

That quote from Eddie doesn't sound too promising for anyone hoping for George to start the 6N. Already teeing up Dylan.

Launchbury is now confirmed as missing at least the first game.

Puja
Backist Monk
Peej

Post by Peej »

Puja wrote: That quote from Eddie doesn't sound too promising for anyone hoping for George to start the 6N. Already teeing up Dylan.

Puja
Good and bad news there for Wasps fans. No Launchers for a while, but also less likely to lose Taylor.
jngf

Post by jngf »

Peej wrote:
Puja wrote: That quote from Eddie doesn't sound too promising for anyone hoping for George to start the 6N. Already teeing up Dylan.

Puja
Good and bad news there for Wasps fans. No Launchers for a while, but also less likely to lose Taylor.
With no Launchberry we may be more likely to see Itoje back at lock rather than in back row but then again the fitness of Robshaw will further complicate this too?
Peat

Post by Peat »

The most I allow myself to hope for at the moment is George getting a lot of time from the bench again.
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Good news: Dai Young says Launchbury will be back in 2/3 weeks, so well before the France game.
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

New EPS squad; so updated (including Wood again, hurt - but at least I don't have to interview him... do I?)
Have also separated out the international kicking records for Ford and Farrell as requested.
Just Prem and international rugby last season
EPS 2014-2016.png
Just Prem and international rugby this season
EPS 2016-2017.png
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Which Tyler wrote:New EPS squad; so updated (including Wood again, hurt - but at least I don't have to interview him... do I?)
Have also separated out the international kicking records for Ford and Farrell as requested.
Just Prem and international rugby last season
EPS 2014-2016.png

Just Prem and international rugby this season
EPS 2016-2017.png
Tom Wood has called to organise that interview you requested.
fivepointer

Post by fivepointer »

Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

fivepointer wrote:More on Robshaw http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/38531790
Not looking good for him. Haskell at 7, Itoje at 6?
Peat

Post by Peat »

How on earth is Haley carrying 11 times with one clean break a game yet only making 14 metres?
TheNomad

Post by TheNomad »

Roko so good in attack it's unreal. I don't think it'll happen for him though sadly, which is a shame

In other news - Marchant is playing at 12 for Quins this weekend. Interesting.
Puja

Post by Puja »

fivepointer wrote:More on Robshaw http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/38531790
You'd have to think that's his Lions hopes over. He was always on the back foot with Gatland as coach anyway and with no 6N he's got no chance. Sad for him - you get the feeling he's the kind of player that it'd mean an awful lot to.

Bit of a bugger for our 6N as well. If Launchbury's fit, then Itoje at 6, but if not then I'm not sure. Wood may have improved, but not enough that the thought of a Wood/Haskell/Hughes back row doesn't fill me with dread.

Puja
Backist Monk
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

Puja wrote: Bit of a bugger for our 6N as well. If Launchbury's fit, then Itoje at 6, but if not then I'm not sure. Wood may have improved, but not enough that the thought of a Wood/Haskell/Hughes back row doesn't fill me with dread.

Puja
But, would you have picked Robshaw/Haskell/Billy V in the first place?