The Glasgow Carpet Burns and Cary Grant Appreciation Thread

Moderator: OptimisticJock

hugh_woatmeigh

Re: The Glasgow Beach Rugby Thread

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

Nothing. They just won't let me join.

And who was it that told me Dunbar was the fastest players in the Scotland squad? Didn't expect him to finish that but seemed a bit of a wasted opportunity.
Edinburgh in Exile

Post by Edinburgh in Exile »

Adder wrote:I didn't know that expression also existed in English. In French you often say "Stop being a Jew"

Anyway, Yellow card was deserved in my opinion. Very stupid from MacArthur
It does, but I'm not sure it's the most PC thing in the world to band about. There is a joke in here about Marler and I almost gave myself an brain hemorrhage trying to think of one, so gave up.
hugh_woatmeigh

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

Finn Russell being a jew as well. Turnover Zebre.
Edinburgh in Exile

hugh_woatmeigh wrote:Nothing. They just won't let me join.

And who was it that told me Dunbar was the fastest players in the Scotland squad? Didn't expect him to finish that but seemed a bit of a wasted opportunity.
That Dunbar thing was a statement of fact from a few years ago mate, not some cat sitting on here... peering up at his ceiling... getting bored of picking the lint out of his bellybutton and then randomly deciding to tell you he thought Dunbar was the fastest player in the Scotland squad.
Adder

Post by Adder »

Edinburgh in Exile wrote:
Adder wrote:I didn't know that expression also existed in English. In French you often say "Stop being a Jew"

Anyway, Yellow card was deserved in my opinion. Very stupid from MacArthur
It does, but I'm not sure it's the most PC thing in the world to band about. There is a joke in here about Marler and I almost gave myself an brain hemorrhage trying to think of one, so gave up.
Aye, not very PC in France either. Just surprised to hear it here in English.
Adder

Post by Adder »

Watching Sales-Montpellier on the side, a cracking game! no Scots though.
hugh_woatmeigh

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

Mr T still has quite a lot of development to do. What kind of winger touches down like that? Blatant knock on but the try is given. Guess the ref didn't see it.
Edinburgh in Exile

That attempted cover "tackle" from the Zebra halfback on the weeg try was a fucking disgrace. I know he's a big lad, but if you are going to make an effort to get there... make an effort.
hugh_woatmeigh

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

Glasgow turning the screw. They should BP the Scarlets on this form.
hugh_woatmeigh

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Despite what P Horne may lack in size & height he might just be the best centre in Scotland. He's put in spectacular performances time and time again for club & country over the last year or two.
Edinburgh in Exile

hugh_woatmeigh wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again. Despite what P Horne may lack in size & height he might just be the best centre in Scotland. He's put in spectacular performances time and time again for club & country over the last year or two.
Yeah. He's probably the fastest man in Scotland. Not the Squad... The whole country.
hp18

Post by hp18 »

Edinburgh in Exile wrote:That attempted cover "tackle" from the Zebra halfback on the weeg try was a fucking disgrace. I know he's a big lad, but if you are going to make an effort to get there... make an effort.
In the angry midgets defence (not you E), he'd needed extensive treatment the last time he tried to stop T.

Price has the right attitude, the scrum went pretty well and good to see Rae have a very solid 30 minutes. Shocking accuracy for at least a half, but they kept in it and turned the screw. Sarto making a play for a starting wing spot already!
The Coo is dead. Long live The Coo.
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

Edinburgh in Exile wrote:
hugh_woatmeigh wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again. Despite what P Horne may lack in size & height he might just be the best centre in Scotland. He's put in spectacular performances time and time again for club & country over the last year or two.
Yeah. He's probably the fastest man in Scotland. Not the Squad... The whole country.
:lol:
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

I did and to the best of my knowledge he's still the fastest ever recorded Scotland player as noted from his try v Italy.
hugh_woatmeigh

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

OptimisticJock wrote:

I did and to the best of my knowledge he's still the fastest ever recorded Scotland player as noted from his try v Italy.
I don't doubt it happened I just don't recall seeing that kind of pace in the try. Sure it was fast but not that rapid... perhaps it says more about our attacking play since that kind of measurement was possible.

I would certainly expect Hogg to finish off that break Dunbar had on the left wing yesterday. There was still a tremendous amount to do but a player with top line acceleration could finish it IMO. Although I appreciate Dunbar has had a lot of injuries since.

Either way he played very well last night. It's a real headache at centre for Scotland. I wouldn't be adverse to seeing Taylor on the wing - Sararcens are playing him there pretty regularly.
AL.

Post by AL. »

I seem to remember that Italy try being the fastest accelerating recorded by the telemetry, not top speed (and not including before the gizmo in the shirt).
Big D

Post by Big D »

It was the fastest speed recorded. Which means at some point he reached an mile/hr or km/hr that no one had done before.

That doesn't mean he would beat Hogg or Seymour etc in a race.
ARM

Post by ARM »

Yes IIRC he hit 0-60 more quickly than a Formula 1 racing car but recorded slightly slower straight line speed than Jouberts sprint for the shitter at Twickenham.
Wylie Coyote

Post by Wylie Coyote »

Looking for a couple of spare tickets for the Zebre game, change of plans made it possible but too late for tickets. If anyone has any going spare let me know, Cheers update: got some!
Last edited by Wylie Coyote on Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chunks Baws

Post by Chunks Baws »

ARM wrote:Yes IIRC he hit 0-60 more quickly than a Formula 1 racing car but recorded slightly slower straight line speed than Jouberts sprint for the shitter at Twickenham.
Speaking of which, I saw a tweet yesterday about Joubert heading to the Olympics. No idea if it was to compete in the 100m or as a ref for the 7s.
Big D

Post by Big D »

Chunks Baws wrote:
ARM wrote:Yes IIRC he hit 0-60 more quickly than a Formula 1 racing car but recorded slightly slower straight line speed than Jouberts sprint for the shitter at Twickenham.
Speaking of which, I saw a tweet yesterday about Joubert heading to the Olympics. No idea if it was to compete in the 100m or as a ref for the 7s.
Mike Adamson is going representing "Scotland". World rugby will need to get used to Scotland/England/Wales/NI being GB+NI for one competition.
hp18

Post by hp18 »

3 year contract for Fagerson.
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

Big D wrote:
Chunks Baws wrote:
Mike Adamson is going representing "Scotland". World rugby will need to get used to Scotland/England/Wales/NI being GB+NI for one competition.
Maybe they have and he IS the representation of Scotland which includes players.
Cameo

Post by Cameo »

hp18 wrote:3 year contract for Fagerson.
That's good. Any views on whether he might be first choice next season
hp18

Post by hp18 »

Cameo wrote:
hp18 wrote:3 year contract for Fagerson.
That's good. Any views on whether he might be first choice next season
He could nail that over the course of the season. Won't be bothered if he doesn't. Props (even phenomenally talented ones) take time to mature.