EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Moderator: Puja

Mikey Brown

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Post by Mikey Brown »

Seems an appropriate time to post this for anybody who didn't see it.

Even in that blurry thumbnail, the look on Nonu/Banahan's faces pretty much sum it up.
Stom

Post by Stom »

Which Tyler wrote:TBH - If Ashton can learn FB play; he could be a decent option there - he's always been at his best tracking play and inserting himself at the right place at the right time - which he can do far better from FB.
However, he's always been at his worse in head-on tackling, defensive positioning and line-clearing with the boot - which are all rather important aspects of FB play...

Besides, Sale's first XV look dangerous; but any opposition is going to love the idea of attacking Solomona&Ashton at wing&FB (and dread the idea of defending them)
I would love to see a foot race between Ashton and Brown. Mikey isn't as slow as people make out. And if he could beat Ashton over 60m, that would put paid to any suggestion of a recall...
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Top speed might be similar but I'm afraid he'd still burn me to cinders over 10-20m.
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

Mikey Brown wrote:Seems an appropriate time to post this for anybody who didn't see it.

Even in that blurry thumbnail, the look on Nonu/Banahan's faces pretty much sum it up.
I was looking for that yesterday, phone was being an arse though, so cheers
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

Just read on shedweb that Anthony Watson has ruptured his Achilles again.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Shit.
Digby

Post by Digby »

Stom wrote:
Which Tyler wrote:TBH - If Ashton can learn FB play; he could be a decent option there - he's always been at his best tracking play and inserting himself at the right place at the right time - which he can do far better from FB.
However, he's always been at his worse in head-on tackling, defensive positioning and line-clearing with the boot - which are all rather important aspects of FB play...

Besides, Sale's first XV look dangerous; but any opposition is going to love the idea of attacking Solomona&Ashton at wing&FB (and dread the idea of defending them)
I would love to see a foot race between Ashton and Brown. Mikey isn't as slow as people make out. And if he could beat Ashton over 60m, that would put paid to any suggestion of a recall...
What you'd actually want to see and what Ashton excels at is who can put in 20+ sprints
Stom

Post by Stom »

Digby wrote:
Stom wrote:

What you'd actually want to see and what Ashton excels at is who can put in 20+ sprints
Oh yes, he is very good at lots of short sprints. But then again, Mikey isn't bad at that, either, and I'd expect most to be pretty good at it...
Puja

Post by Puja »

Raggs wrote:Just read on shedweb that Anthony Watson has ruptured his Achilles again.
As far as I can see, the only stimulus for that rumour is this:

I'm hoping it's just him being morose about his old injury, rather than announcing a second.

Puja
Backist Monk
Digby

Post by Digby »

Stom wrote:
Digby wrote:
Stom wrote:
Oh yes, he is very good at lots of short sprints. But then again, Mikey isn't bad at that, either, and I'd expect most to be pretty good at it...
Pretty good doesn't get you to Ashton's repeat levels
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Puja wrote:
Raggs wrote:Just read on shedweb that Anthony Watson has ruptured his Achilles again.
As far as I can see, the only stimulus for that rumour is this:

I'm hoping it's just him being morose about his old injury, rather than announcing a second.

Puja
Whether it’s a full re-rupture or something else I’m not sure, but reading around looks as though he’s injured the same area again.

Fully ruptured again it’s going to take him a long time to come back to something like his best, especially for such an explosive player.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Well, shit.

Puja
Backist Monk
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Balls, double balls. The dream of a May, Daly, Watson back three dies for a little longer.
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

Mellsblue wrote:Balls, double balls. The dream of a May, Daly, Watson back three dies for a little longer.
And the nightmare of Brown on the wing remains. I hope Nowell is fit for the AIs as Watson is not. Having said that, I'd be happy with Brown, Daly and May provided that Brown is at FB.
Digby

Post by Digby »

Drop Brown and add in Wade and I'll stop complaining, and for at least 5 minutes
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

Could be Ashton's chance...
Digby

Post by Digby »

Or Lozowski's
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

Digby wrote:Or Lozowski's
Don't see that one TBH.
It'll be Daly > Brown at FB; with May on one wing.
Then you've got Nowell, Solomona, Ashton, Yarde; possibly even Cokanasiga (most likely bolter) fighting for the other wing slot and bench (Ashton's recent experience at FB really does improve his chances of making the bench if AW is out - however laughable his actual play at FB)
Digby

Post by Digby »

Nowell would be another possible at fullback, though Lozowski remains a maybe for me, physically he looks the part and I still consider if you can play 10 you can read the game in a manner which can suit the 15
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

If Sarries can sort Lewington’s d he could be a bolster.
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

I don't think loz is good enough at 10 or 15 to be there for England.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

He’s at that point where he just needs to settle on a position.
Digby

Post by Digby »

Raggs wrote:I don't think loz is good enough at 10 or 15 to be there for England.
That's not held against Brown, or wasn't before he reverted to wing
Puja

Post by Puja »

Genge out till 2019. Cock.

Puja
Backist Monk