Hehe
Puja

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Post by Puja »

Oakboy wrote:
Puja wrote:Genge out till 2019. Cock.

Puja
Really? I thought it was his knee. :D
I'm sure he'd try to tell you that they're around the same area.

Puja
Backist Monk
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

And JJ needs a second operation as well, so likely to miss the start of the season...
https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/ot ... ue-1801315
morepork

Post by morepork »

Puja wrote:
Oakboy wrote:
Puja wrote:Genge out till 2019. Cock.

Puja
Really? I thought it was his knee. :D
I'm sure he'd try to tell you that they're around the same area.

Puja

BOOM
Puja

Post by Puja »

The only thing which I can say positive is that Watson and Joseph are both predicted to come back early 2019. With luck, they'll have time to get match-fit, pick up some games in the 6N and be the only ones not overplayed by the RWC.

Puja
Backist Monk
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

Puja wrote:The only thing which I can say positive is that Watson and Joseph are both predicted to come back early 2019. With luck, they'll have time to get match-fit, pick up some games in the 6N and be the only ones not overplayed by the RWC.

Puja
So, in terms of strategy, are you saying that Jones should plan for both being fit? In the glass half full or empty debate, when it comes to injury recovery, I think there is merit in being pessimistic. Thus, I'd plan for none of Billy, Tuilagi, Watson or Joseph making it and revise my srategy if and when full fitness is confirmed. That should mean something like a run of 6 - 10 successive club games.
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

Puja wrote:The only thing which I can say positive is that Watson and Joseph are both predicted to come back early 2019. With luck, they'll have time to get match-fit, pick up some games in the 6N and be the only ones not overplayed by the RWC.

Puja
For those 2 injuries...
JJ is a broken bone in his foot, healing times would depend on which bone, and how much weight bearing exercise he can do on that foot how soon.
The picture at the top of the article above makes it look like 1st metatarsal; so you'd be looking at 6-8 weeks before he can start training; but we already know it's a more complicated case, as it's needed a 2nd op; so call it 10 weeks; followed by half that of rehab before returning to action... so mid October.
This second injury has come about 10 weeks after the first; which backs that up; and I suspect he went too full-on too soon now that he was allowed to start (sportsmen are absolutely terrible at taking things slowly, and doing things not-playing; TBH all patients are terrible at not-doing things they love).

For Ant, the 6 months thing was always insanely optimistic; and I was really hoping that it was just press-talk, and not what he was expecting. Again, it sounds like he took that too seriously, and pushed too hard too soon, pushing himself right back too the beginning again - which is terrible news for a burst Achilles. He should have been looking at an early 2019 return as a best-case scenario in the first place - now he'll be lucky to be fit in time to get any game-time at all before the RWC.

Bath have a new head of rehab and a new psych... I have to wonder if the new psych has actually started yet (she has an excellent pedigree); and the sheer quality/experience of the new head of rehab.

ETA: The new Psych's profile pic is in BOA kit, not Bath rugby; whilst I can't find out who the new head of rehab even is - maybe s/he hasn't actually been appointed yet - I know we've had a fair bit of turn-around in the medical side over the last 3-4 years. We may well be a little leaderless, with no-one managing expectations
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

There’s always a chance that this Joseph surgery was planned beforehand. Could have had a pin removed or something. Article is short of detail, so I wouldn’t jump to conclusions.
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Oakboy wrote:

Puja
So, in terms of strategy, are you saying that Jones should plan for both being fit? In the glass half full or empty debate, when it comes to injury recovery, I think there is merit in being pessimistic. Thus, I'd plan for none of Billy, Tuilagi, Watson or Joseph making it and revise my srategy if and when full fitness is confirmed. That should mean something like a run of 6 - 10 successive club games.
Well, Manu is not injured, and hasn’t been for a while really. Barring a couple of niggles he played about 3/4 months at the end of last season. Had his best game against Sale on final day of the season.

Sarries say Billy’s arm not as bad as feared, didn’t need an op and will start the season.

To me Joseph’s injury doesn’t sound too concerning.

Watson is a significant worry, hopefully it works out.
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

Timbo wrote:There’s always a chance that this Joseph surgery was planned beforehand. Could have had a pin removed or something. Article is short of detail, so I wouldn’t jump to conclusions.
Good point well made
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

Is manu surviving pre season?
Puja

Post by Puja »

twitchy wrote:Is manu surviving pre season?
Haven't played any games yet and Leicester always keep their cards close to their chest, but he's been running around with the rest of them.

Puja
Backist Monk
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

Timbo wrote:There’s always a chance that this Joseph surgery was planned beforehand. Could have had a pin removed or something. Article is short of detail, so I wouldn’t jump to conclusions.
Apparently exactly this, pins removed
Tigersman

Post by Tigersman »

England squad

Backs
Chris Ashton (Sale Sharks), Mike Brown (Harlequins), Danny Cipriani (Gloucester Rugby), Joe Cokanasiga (Bath Rugby), Elliot Daly (Wasps), Nathan Earle (Harlequins), Owen Farrell (Saracens), George Ford (Leicester Tigers), Piers Francis (Northampton Saints), Gabriel Ibitoye (Harlequins), Alex Lozowski (Saracens), Joe Marchant (Harlequins), Jonny May (Leicester Tigers), Jordan Olowofela (Leicester Tigers)
Dan Robson (Wasps), Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs), Ben Spencer (Saracens), Ben Te’o (Worcester Warriors), Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers).

Forwards
Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs), Tom Curry (Sale Sharks), Jamie George (Saracens), Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints), James Haskell (Northampton Saints), Alec Hepburn (Exeter Chiefs), Paul Hill (Northampton Saints), Nathan Hughes (Wasps), Nick Isiekwe (Saracens), Maro Itoje (Saracens)
Joel Kpoku (Saracens), Joe Launchbury (Wasps), Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints), Joe Marler (Harlequins), Michael Rhodes (Saracens), Chris Robshaw (Harlequins), Sam Simmonds (Exeter Chiefs)
Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins), Jack Singleton (Worcester Warriors), Will Spencer (Leicester Tigers), Elliott Stooke (Bath Rugby), Sam Underhill (Bath Rugby), Mako Vunipola (Saracens), Harry Williams (Exeter Chiefs), Mark Wilson (Newcastle Falcons)

Not considered for selection due to injury/ fitness/ other: Jack Clifford (Harlequins), Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers), Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby), Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers), Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby)
George Kruis (Saracens), Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs), Brad Shields (Wasps), Denny Solomona (Sale Sharks), Manu Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers), Billy Vunipola (Saracens), Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby), Richard Wigglesworth (Saracens).
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

I can’t beleive how indifferent I feel to squad announcements these days. A bunch of players who might be ready for 2023, a bunch of players who look well past it and a bunch of random foreigners.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Where to start. I’m assuming this is for a training camp or is it the EPS?!?!?
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Looks more like a training squad. I hope, anyway.
Tigersman

Post by Tigersman »

Mellsblue wrote:Where to start. I’m assuming this is for a training camp or is it the EPS?!?!?
yeh training squad.
Stom

Post by Stom »

Mikey Brown wrote:Looks more like a training squad. I hope, anyway.
Yeah...thank feck.

That is a really crap squad. Just so full of not good enough and not yet good enough. I don't see the point.

Why are Ashton, Haskell, Rhodes and Stooke there? Are they really good enough? And what about Earle, Ibitoye, Olowofela, Kpoku...

I mean, how many locks does he need! There are 7! 7! Actually...

LHP: 3
Hooker: 4
THP: 3
Lock: 7!
Flanker: 6
8: 2
9: 3
FH: 4
12: 2
13: 2
wing: 6
FB: 2

That's just not balanced. The one area we actually look settled and we have 7 players. Yet we have just 2 8s, 3 SHs, 4 centres and 2 FBs and one of those is really a wing!
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

It’s only a training squad. Remember the nashing of teeth last year when Joseph was ‘dropped’ only for him to reappear in the squad for the AI’s.
Gloskarlos

Post by Gloskarlos »

Give up with these squads - if it is only training, how is there no Trinder no Woodward and 7 quins players in it?

Breakdown by club including injured/unselectable players:-

Sarries 13
Tigers 8
Quins 7
Barf/ Exeter 6
Wasps / Saints 5
Sale 3
Wuss 2
Newcs/ Glos 1
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Gloskarlos wrote:Give up with these squads - if it is only training, how is there no Trinder no Woodward and 7 quins players in it?

Breakdown by club including injured/unselectable players:-

Sarries 13
Tigers 8
Quins 7
Barf/ Exeter 6
Wasps / Saints 5
Sale 3
Wuss 2
Newcs/ Glos 1
Because Trinder was only in the last one because Marchant wasn’t and then shat the bed defensively. Woodward obviously didn’t impress in SA but being replaced by Ashton is chronic depression territory.
Tigersman

Post by Tigersman »

Trinder was shite v the barbarians in his limited time.
He should have no complaints IMO.

Woodward should be in there.
Outside that no one else EQP at Glous really should have any bones to pick on current form.
Scrumhead

Post by Scrumhead »

Never less than outright bizarre.

Olowofela and Kpoku are promising players but they’ll be lucky to see much game time this season and have 0 realistic chance of making the RWC squad. Pointless.

I did say Rhodes was certain to get a call up as soon as he was eligible. I’m just surprised we didn’t call up Lewis as well to maximise the non-English contingent.