EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Moderator: Puja

Which Tyler

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Post by Which Tyler »

Timbo wrote:A bit more info in the press about Comanasiga; he’s rehabbing the knee up until Christmas to see if the problem dissipates, if no dice he will probably go under the knife. Recall Launchbury in a similar situation with his knee this time last year.
https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/ot ... er-3572179
Scrumhead

Post by Scrumhead »

Indeed. Street does look like he’s making the step-up pretty well this season.

I wonder if that adds am additional credence to the rumours that Williams might be off at the end of the season. It may be that Baxter feels that Street and/or Petch are good enough to be much more cost-effective alternatives.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Shit. Didn't see this. Watson out with a knee injury.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/50564653

Poor guy. He's looked better than ever.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

No idea why they let him play on.
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Mikey Brown wrote:Shit. Didn't see this. Watson out with a knee injury.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/50564653

Poor guy. He's looked better than ever.
Tbh, having watched it back only being out for a month is a relief. Looked potentially much worse.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Mellsblue wrote:No idea why they let him play on.
indeed
Digby

Post by Digby »

Banquo wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:No idea why they let him play on.
indeed
especially when Bath want to complain about Big Joe, Obano and so on
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/50651665

Bugger - Ewels and Mercer both out for months.

Delighted, however, that were willing to accept that not every longer-term injury requires surgery!
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Article this morning (Telegraph I think) with Sam Simmonds who says he is up at a playing weight of almost 17stone now- 107kgs.

That’s up from a shade over 16stone when he was last playing for England. Wonder if Eddie will rekindle his interest in him.
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

Tom O'Flaherty player of the month.

Scrumhead

Post by Scrumhead »

Alex Reider forced to retire at 28 after 19mths out.
Tigersman

Post by Tigersman »

Simon Amor tipped to be England attack coach
Puja

Post by Puja »

Tigersman wrote:Simon Amor tipped to be England attack coach
Interesting selection - he's got practically no pedigree in the 15s game as a coach and I'm far from convinced that the two games overlap as much as people think.

We've also apparently nabbed Matt Proudfoot to be our scrum coach. If the name doesn't ring a bell, he was coaching the other side when our scrum got molested in the RWC final.

Puja
Backist Monk
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

FYI, the answer is no.
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

Mellsblue wrote:FYI, the answer is no.
Yeah, but he's a good decade too old for messianic status.

On that - RWC has been and gone, all messiahs have been stripped of the title; it's time to nominate a new messiah - probably a new one every 3-4 months for the next 18 months.

Who's next?
Digby

Post by Digby »

Is this he's never had a bad game for someone without much pace and reasonable positional play but limited movement, or just never had a bad game with someone like Seilala Mapusua as the standard?
Puja

Post by Puja »

Which Tyler wrote:

On that - RWC has been and gone, all messiahs have been stripped of the title; it's time to nominate a new messiah - probably a new one every 3-4 months for the next 18 months.

Who's next?
I think the obvious answer to that is the younger brother of previous messiahs, who "the coaches say are better than their brother!"

Step forward Sam Maunder, Tom Willis, and Phil Cokanasiga, who should all be starting the 6N unless Eddie's going to be a blind fool ignoring the obvious talent of English youth again.

Puja
Backist Monk
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

Puja wrote:
Which Tyler wrote:

Who's next?
I think the obvious answer to that is the younger brother of previous messiahs, who "the coaches say are better than their brother!"

Step forward Sam Maunder, Tom Willis, and Phil Cokanasiga, who should all be starting the 6N unless Eddie's going to be a blind fool ignoring the obvious talent of English youth again.

Puja
Or someone's son, of course.
Is it too soon to be wanting the Mulipola/Castrogiovanni twins in England shirts yet?
Puja

Post by Puja »

Which Tyler wrote:
Puja wrote:
Which Tyler wrote: Yeah, but he's a good decade too old for messianic status.

Who's next?

Puja
Is it too soon to be wanting the Mulipola/Castrogiovanni twins in England shirts yet?
Never!

Puja
Backist Monk
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

Puja wrote:
Which Tyler wrote:
Puja wrote:

Puja
Never!

Puja
They'll be something like 9 years old then? Probably larger than most grown men by that stage!
Digby

Post by Digby »

Banquo wrote:
Digby wrote:
Mellsblue wrote: Not to mention the complaints about the temperature of his sherry.....
You can add sherry ( a dry one) to advocaat in making a snowball, also swap out the lemonade for a dryish sparkling wine. So that's the good news, crap news however about Billy
blimey
The first snowball of the Christmas season was consumed last Saturday, but a very basic one made with just advocaat, lemonade and lime. Sadly fresh lime as I couldn't find the lime cordial, and this is one of those rare occasions the lime cordial is the better option, imo.

So for at least part of Saturday I was in a good mood, at least until I found some of the teenagers in the family were raiding my single malt collection, I can live with that in part, but they were adding coke to their whisky and that's not acceptable.

Whether it's really time to get stuck into Christmas drinking, or whether it'd be wiser to wait until next weekend I've not really decided yet. But long story short if my posts start to make even less sense than usual, and I'd like to think there's room, there could be a reason

Edit - my apologies, and just to confirm I'm not a total savage the snowball did of course also include a maraschino cherry or two
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Digby wrote:
Banquo wrote:
Digby wrote:
You can add sherry ( a dry one) to advocaat in making a snowball, also swap out the lemonade for a dryish sparkling wine. So that's the good news, crap news however about Billy
blimey
The first snowball of the Christmas season was consumed last Saturday, but a very basic one made with just advocaat, lemonade and lime. Sadly fresh lime as I couldn't find the lime cordial, and this is one of those rare occasions the lime cordial is the better option, imo.

So for at least part of Saturday I was in a good mood, at least until I found some of the teenagers in the family were raiding my single malt collection, I can live with that in part, but they were adding coke to their whisky and that's not acceptable.

Whether it's really time to get stuck into Christmas drinking, or whether it'd be wiser to wait until next weekend I've not really decided yet. But long story short if my posts start to make even less sense than usual, and I'd like to think there's room, there could be a reason

Edit - my apologies, and just to confirm I'm not a total savage the snowball did of course also include a maraschino cherry or two
blimey
Danno

Post by Danno »

Yikes. Seems a good time to take a break from lurking here for a few weeks
Stom

Post by Stom »

Digby wrote:
Banquo wrote:
Digby wrote:
blimey

Lol, as I was in the UK, I introduced my mother to a negroni, at which point she decided it was her new favorite drink and demanded I make it every day. Along with snowballs and Prosecco. Now I’m home I’ll go back to gin sour and old fashioned
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/50808098

Exeter boss Rob Baxter says he is not a "career coach" after ruling himself out of an England role until at least 2023 by signing a new contract.