EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Moderator: Puja

Banquo

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Post by Banquo »

Stom wrote:
Which Tyler wrote:Sorry - everything I say is "IMO" unless backed up with references - I thought we all knew that that's how this board works
lol.

I know this isn't the place, but I'm concerned about potential racism based on this virus. First 2 cases in Hungary. Iranian students...Govt. hasn't made its "dirty muslims" move yet, but it's only time.
apparently a guy from Singapore was attacked in London yesterday. If anyone should be getting blame its the Italian govt.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Banquo wrote:
Stom wrote:
Which Tyler wrote:Sorry - everything I say is "IMO" unless backed up with references - I thought we all knew that that's how this board works
lol.

I know this isn't the place, but I'm concerned about potential racism based on this virus. First 2 cases in Hungary. Iranian students...Govt. hasn't made its "dirty muslims" move yet, but it's only time.
apparently a guy from Singapore was attacked in London yesterday. If anyone should be getting blame its the Italian govt.
Explicitly because somebody thought they had the virus?

I've seen there's a bit of fuss already over articles about the virus being accompanied with random stock images of Asian people.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Mikey Brown wrote:
Banquo wrote:
Stom wrote:
lol.

I've seen there's a bit of fuss already over articles about the virus being accompanied with random stock images of Asian people.
yep. Though I'm being brainwashed by the meedja again obvs
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

Banquo wrote:
Mikey Brown wrote:
Banquo wrote: apparently a guy from Singapore was attacked in London yesterday. If anyone should be getting blame its the Italian govt.

Was it in Jones's book then? :? :? :? :?
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Oakboy wrote:
Banquo wrote:
Mikey Brown wrote:

well you may think the virus is a laughing matter

:lol: :lol:
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

Banquo wrote:
Oakboy wrote:
Banquo wrote: yep. Though I'm being brainwashed by the meedja again obvs

We are at cross-purposes here. I thought it was Jones's book that was a comic. :o :o
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Oakboy wrote:
Banquo wrote:
Oakboy wrote:

We are at cross-purposes here. I thought it was Jones's book that was a comic. :o :o
Maybe you should try reading it- you always seem to be after insight into his thinking!
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

Banquo wrote:
Oakboy wrote:
Banquo wrote: well you may think the virus is a laughing matter

Maybe you should try reading it- you always seem to be after insight into his thinking!

Seriously, I have thought about it but I dislike the guy so much that I begrudge putting a penny in his pocket.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Oakboy wrote:
Banquo wrote:
Oakboy wrote:

Seriously, I have thought about it but I dislike the guy so much that I begrudge putting a penny in his pocket.
lol, fair enough. Must admit I wouldn't have knowingly bought it, as many rugby (auto) biographies are dull or mad (I'm looking at you SCW WINNING!) but got it for xmas. And it does give a lot pf clues as to why Eddie is what he is.
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

Banquo wrote:
Oakboy wrote:
Banquo wrote: Maybe you should try reading it- you always seem to be after insight into his thinking!

lol, fair enough. Must admit I wouldn't have knowingly bought it, as many rugby (auto) biographies are dull or mad (I'm looking at you SCW WINNING!) but got it for xmas. And it does give a lot pf clues as to why Eddie is what he is.
Ah, fair enough. I talk as a failed novelist who submitted so many synopses, sample chapters and whole books that I begrudge the profit that some make on the back of their personality status. Racking up over 400 rejection letters does make me slightly prejudiced. I can't get up the enthusiasm to try the Amazon self-publishing route yet. Probably just too old and set in my ways now (in case you hadn't noticed). :D
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Oakboy wrote:
Banquo wrote:
Oakboy wrote:

Ah, fair enough. I talk as a failed novelist who submitted so many synopses, sample chapters and whole books that I begrudge the profit that some make on the back of their personality status. Racking up over 400 rejection letters does make me slightly prejudiced. I can't get up the enthusiasm to try the Amazon self-publishing route yet. Probably just too old and set in my ways now (in case you hadn't noticed). :D
Old school mate of mine has self published two novels and is loving it!
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

Banquo wrote:
Oakboy wrote:
Banquo wrote: lol, fair enough. Must admit I wouldn't have knowingly bought it, as many rugby (auto) biographies are dull or mad (I'm looking at you SCW WINNING!) but got it for xmas. And it does give a lot pf clues as to why Eddie is what he is.
Old school mate of mine has self published two novels and is loving it!
Worth knowing, thanks.
Mr Mwenda

Post by Mr Mwenda »

Have you considered "Eddie Jones, my part in his downfall"? ;)
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

Mr Mwenda wrote:Have you considered "Eddie Jones, my part in his downfall"? ;)
Working on it!!! :D
p/d

Post by p/d »

Or 'How The Setting Sun Casts It's Light On The Sensuality Of The Classic Swimsuit'......... Backed up with pictures
Digby

Post by Digby »

p/d wrote:
Or 'How The Setting Sun Casts It's Light On The Sensuality Of The Classic Swimsuit'......... Backed up with pictures
Are those pictures of Eddie, is that what sets in motion his downfall?
Puja

Post by Puja »

Digby wrote:
p/d wrote:
Are those pictures of Eddie, is that what sets in motion his downfall?
If Farrell's anything to judge, then it's what sets in motion his rise to the England captaincy.

Puja
Backist Monk
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Ted Hill and Lawrence both fantastic tonight for Worcester. As long as they can stay relatively injury free, I’ll be very surprised not to see both of them as fixtures in the England squad in the next 18 months.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Hill especially was immense. He has the potential to be everything that Eddie Jones dreams Lawes could be.

Puja
Backist Monk
Scrumhead

Post by Scrumhead »

Yeah - I didn’t see last night’s game but Hill rarely has a bad game.

Lawrence is one I’ve been championing for a while so great to see him making an immediate impact now he’s fit again. He and Marchant are the future of the 13 shirt IMO.
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

Probably not worth it's own thread but I thought this was a decent read about the reason why england fans sing "swing low".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-51646140
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

Scrumhead wrote:Yeah - I didn’t see last night’s game but Hill rarely has a bad game.

Lawrence is one I’ve been championing for a while so great to see him making an immediate impact now he’s fit again. He and Marchant are the future of the 13 shirt IMO.
Only saw the first half an hour. I thought Lawrence was superb. Has he played at 12?
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

Willis has got some pace too...
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

Raggs

Post by Raggs »

Tackle counts don't impress me that much nowadays. A player can rack up a huge count playing post and making everyone else work hard spreading out. I don't think that was the case but in isolation it's not necessarily an amazing stat.