Snap General Election called

Puja

Re: Snap General Election called

Post by Puja »

FB_IMG_1661271539343.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Backist Monk
Son of Mathonwy

Post by Son of Mathonwy »

She's going to destroy the Tories but it's going to be a tough 2 years with long-lasting damage.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ction-plan
morepork

Post by morepork »

Son of Mathonwy wrote:She's going to destroy the Tories but it's going to be a tough 2 years with long-lasting damage.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ction-plan
Dear god, what a fucking dinosaur. Tax cuts. Any details or justification, no, because tax cuts.
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

She's a puppet.
An empty suit.
She says what she's told to say.

If she's put on the spot, with no-one in her ear, she'll say what her handlers say - which isn't necessarily what they want her to admit.

This is the downside of what they wanted. They need to keep her away from "thinking" on her feet, at least until they've got her properly trained.
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

Truss it is.. 80k. vs. 60k.
economic growth it is then..no problem. :|
Puja

Post by Puja »

I'm actually quite worried that she'll leap upon an easy, populist policy, like freezing the energy price cap funded solely by borrowing, get a massive popularity boost by being the face of change that saved the average Briton (amplified by the Mail and Sun), and then saunter through a spring 2023 election to give us 5 more years of enriching the shareholders at the expense of the country,

Puja
Backist Monk
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Puja wrote:I'm actually quite worried that she'll leap upon an easy, populist policy, like freezing the energy price cap funded solely by borrowing, get a massive popularity boost by being the face of change that saved the average Briton (amplified by the Mail and Sun), and then saunter through a spring 2023 election to give us 5 more years of enriching the shareholders at the expense of the country,

Puja
Entirely possible; if she can demonstrate a fix for that she will get a lot of support.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Puja wrote:I'm actually quite worried that she'll leap upon an easy, populist policy, like freezing the energy price cap funded solely by borrowing, get a massive popularity boost by being the face of change that saved the average Briton (amplified by the Mail and Sun), and then saunter through a spring 2023 election to give us 5 more years of enriching the shareholders at the expense of the country,

Puja
sounds like she's going to adopt the Energy companies suggestion of loaning them money in order to cap prices. None of the solutions are great in fairness.
Puja

Post by Puja »

The French press already referring to her as "The Iron Weathervane" which I do enjoy.

Puja
Backist Monk
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Banquo wrote:

Puja
sounds like she's going to adopt the Energy companies suggestion of loaning them money in order to cap prices. None of the solutions are great in fairness.
That’s probably the quickest solution to this mess.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Backist Monk
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

Did anyone watch? did he actually answer? or was it a genuine IT glitch?

Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Which Tyler wrote:Did anyone watch? did he actually answer? or was it a genuine IT glitch?

Did he bollox
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

Sandydragon wrote:Did he bollox
Watching again, you can see him nod at the end of the set-up to the question, acknowledging that he'd heard and understood. You can see him nod again when Charlie starts up after pausing for him - so he could definitely hear the question.

I didn't have much hope that he'd actually answer, but wanted to give the benefit of the doubt, given that I haven't seen beyond the point that video cuts out.
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Which Tyler wrote:
Sandydragon wrote:Did he bollox
Watching again, you can see him nod at the end of the set-up to the question, acknowledging that he'd heard and understood. You can see him nod again when Charlie starts up after pausing for him - so he could definitely hear the question.

I didn't have much hope that he'd actually answer, but wanted to give the benefit of the doubt, given that I haven't seen beyond the point that video cuts out.
I was watching it this morning and whilst he did eventually speak, he didn't answer the question.

Not that any of them really do, but very evasive all the same.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Which Tyler wrote:Did anyone watch? did he actually answer? or was it a genuine IT glitch?

Wow. That is full on "If I don't move, then can't see me," levels of freezing up.

Puja
Backist Monk
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Puja wrote:

Wow. That is full on "If I don't move, then can't see me," levels of freezing up.

Puja
I do that on Teams calls sometimes.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Sandydragon wrote:
Puja wrote:

Puja
I do that on Teams calls sometimes.
:lol:
cashead

Post by cashead »

Puja wrote:

Puja
Never thought I'd see anyone try Drax's invisibility trick in real life, let alone on live TV.

I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
Shame on you, sweet Nerevar
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

This is presumably why we need more bonuses for bankers - how will they ever cope with the cost of living crisis and bans on Russian imports - have you seen the cost of caviar recently? Not to mention the nothing-to-do-with-brexit increase in the cost of Bollinger.

morepork

Post by morepork »

Liz Trust is about to go full Trickle Down in front of the UN. What a cynical cunt. Red card bitch, red card.

https://academic.oup.com/ser/article/20/2/539/6500315
Puja

Post by Puja »

morepork wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:02 am Liz Trust is about to go full Trickle Down in front of the UN. What a cynical cunt. Red card bitch, red card.

https://academic.oup.com/ser/article/20/2/539/6500315
While the person she's currently trying to beg an audience with is either finding some morals or has had his twitter account hacked.

https://mobile.twitter.com/POTUS/status ... gr%5Etweet

Puja
Backist Monk