The Glasgow Carpet Burns and Cary Grant Appreciation Thread

Moderator: OptimisticJock

Which Tyler

Re: The Glasgow Carpet Burns and Cary Grant Appreciation Thread

Post by Which Tyler »

septic 9 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:43 amGiven their injury list apart from Benching Spencer (whom I think way over rated) that look close toas good as they can put out?
Purely of those fit to play:
1. Morozov >> Shoeman
2. Yep, that's 1st and 2nd choice
3. Rae >> Verden > Jonker
LK: Attwood > either starter, and there are several other locks we'd pick ahead of Ellis on the bench
BR: That's a decent unit, but I'd thought Bayliss was fit now, DeCarpentier would be ahead of Reid for the 8 shirt as well

HB: Spencer >> Schreuder, Bailey > Francis
CE: yep, first choice
WG: Coka is fair, I don't recall Ojomoh ever playing wing (as opposed to Joseph, who's played there plenty, and is on the bench, or McConnochie who's fit enough to be picked for Scotland, or several other options who are actual wingers)
FB: Gallagher > DeGlanville > Bailey, possibly Atkins and Donoghue too

I think 7 of the players sitting on the bench would be starting if this was based on the pecking order
General Zod

Post by General Zod »

If they take the conversion, can they still go back and chalk off the try? I think I missed a rule change somewhere!
Puja

Post by Puja »

General Zod wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:11 pm If they take the conversion, can they still go back and chalk off the try? I think I missed a rule change somewhere!
Yeah, they changed it a year or so ago, to stop people taking the piss with drop conversions. Now just has to be referred before restart.

Puja
Backist Monk
General Zod

Post by General Zod »

Puja wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:15 pm
General Zod wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:11 pm If they take the conversion, can they still go back and chalk off the try? I think I missed a rule change somewhere!
Yeah, they changed it a year or so ago, to stop people taking the piss with drop conversions. Now just has to be referred before restart.

Puja
Ta much.
septic 9

Post by septic 9 »

not sure how they did it but well done to Bath for hanging in there.
Actually how poor were the Weegies last night?
BaldiePete

Post by BaldiePete »

I thought Glasgow did a lot of good things but were very careless at looking after possession. There was a big win to be had there but they kept screwing it up.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

I didn’t realise Fagerson could run like that.

Only saw the highlights but he really seems to have added to his game.
septic 9

Post by septic 9 »

Mikey Brown wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:33 am I didn’t realise Fagerson could run like that.

really?

U20s game, got the ball in the 5m channel about 10m from Scotland goal line. Scored by scorching up the touchline. he has bulked uo since then of course so may be a bit slower over a distance, but he has the acceleration and always had good feet
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

septic 9 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:55 pm
Mikey Brown wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:33 am I didn’t realise Fagerson could run like that.

really?

U20s game, got the ball in the 5m channel about 10m from Scotland goal line. Scored by scorching up the touchline. he has bulked uo since then of course so may be a bit slower over a distance, but he has the acceleration and always had good feet
I mean that does ring a bell, but at age grade it’s so easy to put moments like that down to the different physical development of the players. You get second rows with age grade highlight reels where they’re running the length of the pitch.

It was just great to see that explosiveness and acceleration. I guess he’s been so bogged down with being one of the only good tight carriers available to Scotland that we haven’t seen much of that.

Anybody else putting their hands up for Scotland selection?
septic 9

Post by septic 9 »

Mikey Brown wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:00 pm
Anybody else putting their hands up for Scotland selection?
Luke Crosbie
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

I meant for Glasgow, but sure. Just saying on Edinburgh thread that’s been good to see.

I guess my hope was more that one of the centres could realistically be displacing Harris.
septic 9

Post by septic 9 »

Mikey Brown wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:57 pm I meant for Glasgow, but sure. Just saying on Edinburgh thread that’s been good to see.

I guess my hope was more that one of the centres could realistically be displacing Harris.
Glasgow have 4 centres who present a better threat than Harris, but TBH I think its a pointless discussion, Townsend wonlt drop Harris
Big D

Post by Big D »

Darge back in training. Great news.
septic 9

Post by septic 9 »

septic 9 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:10 pm
Glasgow have 4 centres who present a better threat than Harris, but TBH I think its a pointless discussion, Townsend wonlt drop Harris
just sometimes I really enjoy being wrong :D
Donny osmond

Post by Donny osmond »

Just had a look at tonight’s Glasgow team…. maybe recognise 6 of them. 🫣😔
It was so much easier to blame Them. It was bleakly depressing to think They were Us. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
Big D

Post by Big D »

Big win
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Anybody put their hands up for Scotland? I see Sutherland got a half? Not really sure what’s going on with him, but surely he’d hope to take that 17 shirt.
General Zod

Post by General Zod »

Big D wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:34 pmBig win
It was, but for what it’s worth, I thought they finished poorly. No need to give Ulster a BP and perhaps could have tried better to get the BP themselves.

Appreciate that’s a bit harsh, but if you’ve ground your way through a bit of a shitfest, you should try and make the most out of the opportunity you have given yourself. No need to switch off because the previous 70th minutes have been dire. Time to switch on and make the most of where you’ve got to.
Jocky

Post by Jocky »

I know it was tough conditions with the altitude, but Glasgow despite being really poor at times, that game was there to be won.
septic 9

Post by septic 9 »

Warriors sign Facundo Cordero until end of season. WIth McLean sacked and now McKay having had ankle surgery and out for the rest of the season, they are a bit short in the back 3
Cameo

Post by Cameo »

Tuipolotu's younger brother is being linked. Another centre. Came off the bench for the Waratahs last night.
General Zod

Post by General Zod »

Glasgow bossing Munster at Thomond so far. First half bonus point, winning 28-0 and flinging it about for fun.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Dobie on the wing?
septic 9

Post by septic 9 »

General Zod wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:06 pm Glasgow bossing Munster at Thomond so far. First half bonus point, winning 28-0 and flinging it about for fun.
Munster were shit rather than Glasgow great in the first half (took their chances really efficiently TBF). Then the expected comeback from Munster and Glasgow doing a reprise of last season, dropping off terribly the further the 2nd half went. Just as well they were 31-0 up and then Carberry had a brain fart