The Glasgow Carpet Burns and Cary Grant Appreciation Thread

Moderator: OptimisticJock

hp18

Re: The Glasgow Beach Rugby Thread

Post by hp18 »

Apparently it was concussion and he was walking around at the end of the game. I'll watch it back but fairly sure it was the paramedics, maybe excited at the prospect of a real injury and ignored protocol.
The Coo is dead. Long live The Coo.
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

It won't be the first time. Glad it's not serious though.
hp18

Post by hp18 »

OptimisticJock wrote:It won't be the first time. Glad it's not serious though.
Poor Nick Grigg not only got carried off, but had to cope with the Gordy Reid style of sympathy ("Aye, he's fine. I just told him he'd pished himself!" said the big fella at halftime when we asked how Nick was!)
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

hp18 wrote:
Poor Nick Grigg not only got carried off, but had to cope with the Gordy Reid style of sympathy ("Aye, he's fine. I just told him he'd pished himself!" said the big fella at halftime when we asked how Nick was!)
He's got a career with us after rugby.....
hp18

Post by hp18 »

15. Rory Hughes
14. Leonardo Sarto
13. Alex Dunbar
12. Sam Johnson
11. Sean Lamont
10. Peter Horne
9. Henry Pyrgos (Captain)

1. Gordon Reid
2. Corey Flynn
3. Zander Fagerson
4. Greg Peterson
5. Scott Cummings
6. Rob Harley
7. Fraser Brown
8. Ryan Wilson

Replacements: Ryan Grant, Pat MacArthur, D’Arcy Rae, Sila Puafisi, Tim Swinson, Tjiuee Uanivi, Simone Favaro, Lewis Wynne, Ali Price, Grayson Hart, Rory Clegg, Richie Vernon, Fraser Lyle.

hp18

Post by hp18 »

OptimisticJock wrote:
hp18 wrote:
He's got a career with us after rugby.....
That's a terrifying/hilarious thought.
hugh_woatmeigh

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

Huge back three by Scottish standards.
Big D

Post by Big D »

Good to see Wynne involved even if it is a friendly.
hp18

Post by hp18 »

Big D wrote:Good to see Wynne involved even if it is a friendly.
He started last week as well. Did a decent job at 8. You know much about him?
Big D

Post by Big D »

hp18 wrote:
Not really, other than I know through coaches that he has been well thought of.

It is just good to see our U20s/younger players get a run.

I like the look of the Edinburgh back row for tonight too. Could be a back row we see regularly in the future.
hp18

Post by hp18 »

Big D wrote:
hp18 wrote:
Not really, other than I know through coaches that he has been well thought of.

It is just good to see our U20s/younger players get a run.

I like the look of the Edinburgh back row for tonight too. Could be a back row we see regularly in the future.
Well if you like that, you're gonna love this
Club rugby talent takes centre stage in Stirling tomorrow night as Warriors announce their squad to face Canada ‘A’ in their final warm-up game before the start of the season.Lee Jones will start for the Warriors tomorrow evening

Captained by Scotland international Peter Murchie, the starting XV boasts four club players and a partnership player, and will see Fijian scrum-half Nemia Kenatale make his debut.

Despite the GUINNESS PRO12 kicking off this weekend, head coach Gregor Townsend has named a strong side to face Canada ‘A’, with the squad amassing 187 Warriors caps.

It will be a very special evening for Callum Hunter-Hill pulling on a Warriors jersey at the club he plys his trade and he is joined in the backrow by Ayr’s Peter McCallum and Zander Fagerson’s younger brother Matt, who plays for Glasgow Hawks.

Sam Thomson, also of Hawks, will partner USA international Greg Peterson in the second-row behind the front row of Alex Allan, James Malcolm and D’arcy Rae.

Hawks fans will be excited to see that nine of their players are involved in the Warriors matchday squad, with partnership player Hagen Schulte playing outside Kenatale at fly-half.

Lee Jones returns to the XV-a-side game after spending time with team GB 7s, while Junior Bulumakau occupies the other wing.

Captain Murchie completes the back-three while Fraser Lyle and Nick Grigg start in the midfield.

Rory Hughes will be looking to bring his international experience to the match from the bench and Peter Horne’s younger brother George also features among the replacements.

Cammy Fenton, who is currently on loan at London Scottish, has been released to feature in this game and Melrose and Currie fans will look forward to seeing Jamie Bhatti and Thomas Gordon play in Warriors colours.

Glasgow Warriors team to face Canada ‘A’, Bridgehaugh Park, Tuesday 30 August (kick-off 7.35pm) – Tickets available in advance HERE and on the night (cash only):

15. Peter Murchie (Captain) 14. Junior Bulumakau 13. Nick Grigg 12. Fraser Lyle 11. Lee Jones 10. Hagen Schulte 9. Nemia Kenatale

1. Alex Allan 2. James Malcolm 3. D’arcy Rae 4. Sam Thompson 5. Greg Peterson 6. Callum Hunter-Hill* 7. Matt Fagerson* 8. Peter McCallum

Replacements: Jamie Bhatti, Cammy Fenton*, Jarrod Firth, Kiran McDonald, Thomas Gordon*, George Horne*, Josh Henderson*, Rory Hughes, Patrick Kelly*, Robert Beattie.

* Member of the BT Sport Scottish Rugby Academy
Big D

Post by Big D »

It's always good to see Scots get a chance.
hp18

Post by hp18 »

Big D wrote:It's always good to see Scots get a chance.
Indeed. Strange to see Ragnars younger bro in the lineup, he's only about 12 himself. Starting to get Blackadder flashbacks,....
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

Are they all Glasgow players?
hp18

Post by hp18 »

OptimisticJock wrote:Are they all Glasgow players?
Maybe 3/4 put of the full squad ain't affiliated.
Big D

Post by Big D »

I see a few Caley boys :)
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

Big D wrote:
I see a few Caley boys :)
Thumb up icon.
hp18

Post by hp18 »

63-0. Interesting evening. Can't call too much from a game like that, but Matt Fagerson is definitely one to watch out for.
hp18

Post by hp18 »

Hogg, Sarto, Dunbar, Johnson, Seymour, Horne, Pyrgos

Wilson, Favaro, Harley, Gray, Swinson, Fagerson, Pat, Reid

Flynn, Grant, Puafisi, Chewy, Wynne, Price, Clegg, Lamont
switchskier

Post by switchskier »

Don't like that bench if you're looking for impact but other than that not too bad. Is it a surprise that Johnson starts at 12 with Dunbar at 13? I assume that Bennett has been given some time off?
hp18

Post by hp18 »

switchskier wrote:Don't like that bench if you're looking for impact but other than that not too bad. Is it a surprise that Johnson starts at 12 with Dunbar at 13? I assume that Bennett has been given some time off?
Really? Grant, Puafisi, Chewy, Price, (maybe Wynne) will all up the pace, Clegg needed as FH cover, Lamont for reliable versatility.
switchskier

Post by switchskier »

hp18 wrote:
switchskier wrote:Don't like that bench if you're looking for impact but other than that not too bad. Is it a surprise that Johnson starts at 12 with Dunbar at 13? I assume that Bennett has been given some time off?
Really? Grant, Puafisi, Chewy, Price, (maybe Wynne) will all up the pace, Clegg needed as FH cover, Lamont for reliable versatility.
Price will but Grant and Puafisi will weaken the scrum which is the basis for a huge amount that Connaght did last season. I haven't seen the other two in the pack play yet (where does that nickname come from) and I've never rated Clegg. Lamont is reliable I agree.
hp18

Post by hp18 »

switchskier wrote:
hp18 wrote:
Price will but Grant and Puafisi will weaken the scrum which is the basis for a huge amount that Connaght did last season. I haven't seen the other two in the pack play yet (where does that nickname come from) and I've never rated Clegg. Lamont is reliable I agree.
At the same time connachts first choice props are either tired or replaced. Chewy is pretty much how you pronounce his first name iirc.
Edinburgh in Exile

Post by Edinburgh in Exile »

So that yellow for Wilson. It was late, fair enough, but all this lark about it being dangerous? I get the feeling if it wasn't late, fuck all would have been said about that. It's a contact sport that requires players to tackle other players by the legs, people are going to hit each other on knee joints about 50 times a game.

Did I miss something, or is the point that it was late, so by implication he may have been trying to injure that cat?
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

I think it's because he had to be resuscitated on field. At least that's what the commentators think.

Well in Seymour.