Snap General Election called

Digby

Re: Snap General Election called

Post by Digby »

Banquo wrote:
Digby wrote:Labour now in talks with the DUP. Its all about integrity for Glorious Leader™
the dream coalition starts to form.
He might even get the IRA to take their seats
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Digby wrote:
Banquo wrote:
Digby wrote:Labour now in talks with the DUP. Its all about integrity for Glorious Leader™
the dream coalition starts to form.
that would certainly have an effect on m(M)omentum
Digby

Post by Digby »

Banquo wrote:
Digby wrote:
Banquo wrote: the dream coalition starts to form.
that would certainly have an effect on m(M)omentum
ah, the big Mo could be a welcome return. they've not Big Mo since 2005
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

Banquo

Post by Banquo »

twitchy wrote:
yes, I retched a little; thought he might be consoling the displaced in Camden.
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

Banquo wrote:
twitchy wrote:
You mean you teared up a little when he quoted shelley?

Also he is way ahead of you.

May was kept from meeting the general public for "security reasons" (despite the queen doing it).
cashead

Post by cashead »

twitchy wrote:
Oh man, Run the Jewels was playing at Glastonbury? Fuck, I wish I could've been there.
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
Shame on you, sweet Nerevar
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

twitchy wrote:
Banquo wrote:
twitchy wrote:
You mean you teared up a little when he quoted shelley?

Also he is way ahead of you.

May was kept from meeting the general public for "security reasons" (despite the queen doing it).
I know all the Grenfell stuff. Dunno if you were aware they've evacuated flats in his constituency. Still, at least he was down with the kids at Glasto, telling the govt what to do. He's quite the populist.
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

Populism, seriously? While we are brexiting? What is your point exactly?
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

twitchy wrote:Populism, seriously? While we are brexiting? What is your point exactly?
That Jezza has the luxury of doing and saying what he wants without consequence, and fair play to him. Doesn't mean I have to not retch a little tho.

Jezza is also an arch brexiteer, so quite how he has aligned himself with the kids is quite an act.

What was your point in posting the speech, exactly :)

(and oh and May...I actually nearly feel sorry for her- incapable of reacting in the way required today to events. almost)
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

Also I just want to post this video for tories to mull over while planning their second holiday in the south of france

twitchy

Post by twitchy »

Banquo wrote:
twitchy wrote:Populism, seriously? While we are brexiting? What is your point exactly?
That Jezza has the luxury of doing and saying what he wants without consequence, and fair play to him. Doesn't mean I have to not retch a little tho.

Jezza is also an arch brexiteer, so quite how he has aligned himself with the kids is quite an act.

(and oh and May...I actually nearly feel sorry for her- incapable of reacting in the way required today to events. almost)
So we have changed from UNELECTABLE COMMIE JOKE to WHY WONT YOU NUKE THE IRA JIHADI JEZZA to OH GOD WHY CAN YOU TALK TO THE YOUNG AND WORKING CLASS PEOPLE -
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

twitchy wrote:
Banquo wrote:

So we have changed from UNELECTABLE COMMIE JOKE to WHY WONT YOU NUKE THE IRA JIHADI JEZZA to OH GOD WHY CAN YOU TALK TO THE YOUNG AND WORKING CLASS PEOPLE -
Not really. Good use of caps though. I get it, you rate Jezza. I don't. Doesn't make either of us bad people.
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

Banquo wrote:
twitchy wrote:
Banquo wrote: That Jezza has the luxury of doing and saying what he wants without consequence, and fair play to him. Doesn't mean I have to not retch a little tho.

Not really. Good use of caps though. I get it, you rate Jezza. I don't. Doesn't make either of us bad people.
Did you watch the video I posted.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

twitchy wrote:
Banquo wrote:
twitchy wrote:
Did you watch the video I posted.
which one? about a disabled person. Yes, its awful. I have no context for it, but its heart wrenching. What's your point?
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

No context? You didn't watch it .
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

twitchy wrote:No context? You didn't watch it .
I did, perhaps context was the wrong word; but I don't know when this happened or why or who filmed it. But it is heartwrenching, what do you want me to say? Folks like this are meant to have a safety net, so I don't know what has happened and why the HA have not been able to prioritise her accessibility.
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

Banquo wrote:
I did, perhaps context was the wrong word; but I don't know when this happened or why or who filmed it. But it is heartwrenching, what do you want me to say? Folks like this are meant to have a safety net, so I don't know what has happened and why the HA have not been able to prioritise her accessibility.

You are an intelligent guy I'm not buying this. You know exactly how tory policies work.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

twitchy wrote:
Banquo wrote:

You are an intelligent guy I'm not buying this. You know exactly how tory policies work.
yes, but what do you expect me to say? I just don't rate Jezza....doesn't mean I rate the tories either, they are shyte. We desperately need a sensible centre ground.

(And frankly even with cuts/Tory policies, the local authority surely can do better than this, its outrageous)
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

What is becoming apparent tis that most councils have abdicated their responsibilities for social housing to third parties without any sensible controls to ensure that the service offered is suitable.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Sandydragon wrote:What is becoming apparent tis that most councils have abdicated their responsibilities for social housing to third parties without any sensible controls to ensure that the service offered is suitable.
Its also pretty clear that builders have taken the cheapest possible interpretation of regulations- and frankly, that's probably always been the case- and I wonder what building inspectors have been doing; and as you say, the governance from above seems fatally flawed.

(I'll bet its not just social housing either)
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

And poof in a cloud of blue smoke, TM reveals her very own secret Money Tree

Will TM kindly explain to us why in the name of austerity there has been a necessary public sector pay freeze, swathing cuts to welfare and disability benefits and a slashing of funding to schools and hospitals but she can suddenly find £1bn from a cocoa tin under her bed to bribe 10 rabid loonies for their votes in parliament to shore up her weak and feeble government and overcome the calamity of a totally unnecessary election that was her and only her decision to call?

Probably not, it will be arrogantly brushed off as in the national interests
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

I keep reading that post and it makes me feel kind of ill. My god I hate that woman.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Which Tyler wrote:And poof in a cloud of blue smoke, TM reveals her very own secret Money Tree

Will TM kindly explain to us why in the name of austerity there has been a necessary public sector pay freeze, swathing cuts to welfare and disability benefits and a slashing of funding to schools and hospitals but she can suddenly find £1bn from a cocoa tin under her bed to bribe 10 rabid loonies for their votes in parliament to shore up her weak and feeble government and overcome the calamity of a totally unnecessary election that was her and only her decision to call?

Probably not, it will be arrogantly brushed off as in the national interests
....and the rest as she will undoubtedly have to stump up more to calm everyone else down. At the same time as the Queen gets an 8% increase in spend.

They really think that they can continue to treat us as fools.